Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Luzur

Good Sir
wow, just found this vid of a totally unknown point & click game for Amiga, from 2000!

http://youtu.be/7RLJ7DxZTC0

Amiga Nightlong 68k v1.2 by Clickboom Interactive 2000.
The game is RTG only and requires at a 68060/50 cpu to enjoy (68040/25 is abit too slow).
Plenty of Audio/visual bugs (its not me clicking to fast) and I couldnt avoid annoying audio click/pops.
The ingame fmv is shown at half screen in this case, but a PPC equiped Amiga does show these scenes in fullscreen, But I have no means to capture that output.

This is quite a short games when you know the puzzles, but some of those puzzles do need pen and paper 9especially final puzzle) which helps the game last a while.
The game came on 3CDs (Largest Amiga Game) due to multiple languages in the fmvs. The game was enjoyable to play through once, but I dont think its as memorable as other adventure games from the likes of lucasarts.

Wolfus

Arcane
Those games were pretty popular here, you never saw them before??? Wasted Dreams is very good co-op game. Try it if you never did.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The feeble penises of the repressed homosexuals at Codex shrivel before the might of Commodore. In their spite and malice they try their best to keep the Truth hidden in midst of the deluge of popamole threads.

pic1.jpg

commodoreAmiga2.jpg

NEVAR FORGET!

Redlands

Arcane
Just curious as to whether anyone here has tried/bought one of the new "Amiga" machine(s?) like the AmigaOne X1000.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Yeah, I picked up a perfect (looks new inside and out) A1200 on ebay a couple of years ago - coincedentally, from a guy who lived just a few streets away from me. I've since added internal CF cards, network adapter and a 68030 accelerator.

Also, you can also still buy refurbished A1200's from places like amigakit.com.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
I'm too young to remember Amiga, but tell me: Was that Amiga that took 20/30 mins to load a game and during that time there was static screen like that:
static.jpg

?

So it was Amiga or not? My older sister had that - I only remember very long loading and static screen. Geez.

Luzur

Good Sir
I'm too young to remember Amiga, but tell me: Was that Amiga that took 20/30 mins to load a game and during that time there was static screen like that:
static.jpg

?

So it was Amiga or not? My older sister had that - I only remember very long loading and static screen. Geez.

no, looks more like ZX Spectrum, Amiga had a blue hand with a discette.

like this:

also, pics of your sister.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Thanks Lazur - I think it was ZX Spectrum.

And, really, you expect me to post pics of my sister? :D Nah, maybe another time. But I can post some pics of nice girls if you want to (non-sister).

MisterStone

Arcane
I feel dumb bros, a few years ago I rescued an Amiga 500 from a dumpster (pretty sure it didn't work) but I think I threw it away or donated it to a computer recycling place. Probably the recyclers.... Maybe one of the computer recycler dudes recognized it and enshrined it somewhere. Dammit, I hope so....

CorpseZeb

Learned
Thanks Lazur - I think it was ZX Spectrum.

Some boring, non-sister, nitpick goes there:
ZX Spectrum doesn't has that type of loading screen and loading time. Average loading time is about 6 minutes per game, not to mention there's should be some pretty loading screen (or, at least, name of game and screen border full of crazy bars). 20 minutes per game is more suitable for 8-bit Atari, but then, normal, blue boot screen (usually with withe exclamation sign in the upper, left corner of screen) should be display. Very, very old computer turn off screen while loading program (like ZX80), but none of I know, display just white noise. Are you sure, you are remembering things correctly correct? Or maybe, some strange stuff like famous Meritum does that screen magic while loading, dunno...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom