Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why did R.U.S.E. get so little attention?

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I have been playing the game for about a month and it's great, probably the best strategy game I've played. It didn't sell very well at all and it got hated a lot on the Codex, and I just don't see the reason. Did the people who hated it actually play it? I doubt it.

I haven't played the campaign, but the multiplayer is fucking great. I am yet to see another strategy game with so little micromanagement and so much deception/tactics involved. The controls are not bad, but they need a little getting used to before being able to make real maneuvers. I don't think any compromises were made with the PC version on both complexity and controls. Not to mention that the graphics are great and the zoom is awesome.

The game definitely deserves more attention than it received. It is clear the a lot of effort was put in it and it is one of the most innovative RTS games this decade. Literally.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Btw multiplayer is piratable if you want to check it out.

Satan

Educated
Well, I played the demo soon after it's release and in my opinion it was pretty boring game. Nice engine and graphic but when it comes to gameplay it got boring pretty fast. Maybe that's just the demo but my impression was it's just another mediocre game.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well, I played the demo soon after it's release and in my opinion it was pretty boring game. Nice engine and graphic but when it comes to gameplay it got boring pretty fast. Maybe that's just the demo but my impression was it's just another mediocre game.
I'd suggest giving it a proper chance. Don't be too quick on calling it just another mediocre game, if the demo was part campaign then it probably was bad. multiplayer-wise the game is fucking awesome and quite dynamic and addictive.

Satan

Educated
Well, I guess I might give it a try... somewhere in July or later, because of my studies and a long list of games to play while I have a little time.

Achilles

Arcane
PC gamers saw "real-time strategy game for consoles and PC" and automatically assumed it would be shit. I really can't blame them for jumping to that conclusion.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, although it's not that bad, it's just not good enough, there is a lot of better games like that to play. It has a good idea of building fake bases but that's about all of innovations it makes. Just play something else. Although I have no idea how is it in multiplayer, perhaps it shines there, so don't take my work for granted. SP is boring though.

Marobug

It was published by ubisoft so it's likely it was released with ubishit drm.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ruse is not that bad, it's just not good enough, there is a lot of better games like that to play. It has a good idea of building fake bases but that's about all of innovations it makes. Just play something else. Although I have no idea how is it in multiplayer, perhaps it shines there, so don't take my work for granted. SP is boring though, but if someone likes it I can easily understand why.

I said yesterday to princess on CDS that I won't have time anytime soon to play it, but even if I did I kinda doubt I would actually want to DL it and give it another try. I prefer to stick to StarCraft 2 and Total War for now, RTS/Strategy genres aren't really my favourite, so I need only a limited numbers of games of these genre.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
my_little_pony_party.jpg

62819%20-%20fluttershy%20rainbow_dash%20rape.jpg
38851%20-%20Colgate%20Seafoam%20caption%20gang_rape%20implied_rape%20pinkie_pie%20twilight_sparkle.png

71743%20-%20faint_chair%20image_macro%20rape_face%20rarity%20screencap%20season_2%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

images

Konjad

Patron
Why do you spam pony pics? I know they are awesome and you would love to talk about them more, but I don't understand why bring them up in topics like this one - a strategy related thread which has nothing to do with ponies.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
adding to the circlejerk seemed appropriate seeing as you are talking to yourself

the codex is always so confusing though savoir-faire here is a bitch

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Goddamn Konjad speaking to his 2 alts

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom