Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Diversity Squad (Steam Multiplayer Group)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
My disco marines raped the shit out of the turret and the guardsmen around it :M But then I had to gtfo because Anus stopped turtling for a moment and was capping my stuff + my dudes got all the impact of assaulting entrenched IG. Not a cool thing to have.

MetalCraze

Arcane
When I got back there the turret was still alive though. Unless Hoax built another one in the same place.
Thankfully he was foolish enough to put a bunker in front of a turret later - effectively making it harmless.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Did a FFA on the Judgement of Carrion with Kraze, RK47 and a Hard IG AI. Lag was terrible for us all, especially RK, so he dropped. But the lag became much more bearable after. The bad news is that the AI that took over for 47 was actually competent compared to me and Kraze. It won in the end with the full 1500 points. I came in second with 140# and Kraze had 13##, IGAI was nowhere with 1000 points.

It was difficult for both Kraze and I since the AIs decided to concentrate mostly on us . Both AIs kept capping our resource points and victory points, leading to us running up and down all over the place. it may have been a FFA, but the AIs never met and engaged. :eek:
The only time there was any 'free for all' going on was when kraze decided to take one of my extremely contested (and also the point that lost us the game) victory points with his marines and land raider. My chaos space marines killed several of his marines and brought the LR to 50% health (though his land raider and orbital strike gave as good as they got). Our conflict ended when the AIs took the opportunity to cap Kraze's points, so he had to retreat. In the end, that opening was enough. Both of us were battered and the AIs were trolling away. We couldn't really make up the victory point loss.

I rather liked the match on the whole. Being a 6p map with 4p and FFA to boot, I had no choice but to be aggressive. Of course, its arguable I wasn't aggressive enough, but whatever. A few more games like this and I might just end up learning the basics of the game. :troll:

EDIT : Before I forget. I also ran two games of Last Stand with Sov and Jaedar. We got to wave 12 or so the first time and 18 the second. I was Tau, Jae was Sorc and Sov was IG Gen. Pretty fun stuff. I can it'll get old soon enough, but until that point I think its a lot of fun.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So me and anus played Last Stand yesterday on Anvil of Khorne.

3.658.435 points. Beat that, bitches. :M

I used to play a lot of farseer before switching to chaos sorcerer. Then yesterday I picked up Lord General. I don't see me switching away from him anytime soon. He's really, really good. So far I've found 2 setups that work well with him.

1: Cleanse with holy promethium
Flamer + Honorifica Imperialis + Medallion Crimson (lv3) + Master-Crafted Carapace armor (lv4) + guardsmen (lv5) + sargeant (lv9)
The guardsmen equip flamers if you do and the machinegun turret you get with the carapace armor suppresses as well. This chews up orks (except nobs), tyranids (except zzoanthropes and tyrant guard), eldar (except wraithguard/wraithlord) and imperial guard in seconds. Spehss mahreenz take a little longer but burn to a crisp as well. This was the build I used when me and anus made our 3.6mil round.

2: Big Game Hunter
Deadly Sniper Rifle + Artificer Carapace Armor + Medallion Crimson + Honorifica Imperialis (switch to commisar at lv 14) + sargeant + catachans (switch to ogryns at lv 15)
The armor is changable but I rather like the knockback of the missile turret. Basically you're somewhat fragile so your catachans (also with knockdown) and turret are meant to keep things at bay. Your rate of fire will be abysmal, so targets will have to be picked carefully. The beauty of this guy is high powered shot and obscenely strong basic attacks. You can one-shot shuriken platforms, tyranid warriors, space marines (except force commander/medics) and zoanthropes. Wraithlords take 2-3 shots. Having one of these guys makes wave 7, 8 and 10 (banshees+platforms, zoanthrope tyranids and wraithlords) much more manegable since you can kill the suppression/knockdown units at range before they get a single shot off. I tried running 2x big game hunter with hoax and it didn't go so well since we got swarmed by small unit.s But a single guy with a sniper rifle is a brilliant addition of he picks his targets wisely.

anus_pounder

Arcane
A good companion to the first set up was my Tau Commander with Twin Linked Plasma Guns. Unlike the fusion cannon or air burst cannon, the plasmas fire relatively fast with not much loss in damage against big targets. While getting swarmed is still easy, a group of units suppressed by a turret or tied up by others still falls very quickly to plasma fire. So Ulm suppresses and takes care of hordes while I fire at the big targets. Heavy armor gives my Tau a jump ability as well as a decent number of hit points.

Also important to note is the third (random) member we had in that Anvil session. The 3rd guy was set with up Ogryns and Sniper Rifle, along with a heavy cannon turret. While Ulm flamed the shit out of hordes, the 3rd guy would tie up enemies on the other side of the map with his Ogryns, while the heavy turret disrupted enemies and focused on big enemies. Alongside my plasma fire, big things like tanks and dreads went down fast. :thumbsup:

chzr

Scholar
so since you're playing both DoWs, do you plan trying company of heroes anytime soon? works fine with hamachi (if not, older version of coh and/or with older version of hamachi solves issues).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
All in all I'd say anyone who plays last stand should be going for anvil of khorne instead of colusseum. It's much more interesting when things are hectic right out of the gate, than spending 15-20 mins on waves that never really threaten you. the anvil waves are also more interesting and usually offer a mix of enemies. (and have less cheap grenade/rocket jump spam)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The Anvil is much more amusing, yeah, but you need some levels for your d00dz before going there. Champions below level 10 are gonna get eaten mercilessly out there.

anus_pounder

Arcane
so since you're playing both DoWs, do you plan trying company of heroes anytime soon? works fine with hamachi (if not, older version of coh and/or with older version of hamachi solves issues).

I'm up for Company of Heroes as well. I don't mind, I have all the time in the world.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Bros can someone invite me to the group? My account name is metaSHODAN

TripJack

Hedonist
We should start deciding on a time to play solium bros. Mon-Thurs afternoons and evenings are my best times at the moment. That's kwa time mind you, which is no good since the rest of you are thirdworlders I think. Sundays are doable most of the time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Phage -- Ity's an open group. Just look up codex diversity squad and click to join it on steam.

Although in my experience you get more games if you add a couple of CDS people to your steam friends then write a butthurt post here saying you're leaving forever since noone ever wants to play with you. :M

(Seriously though. :bro: to everyone who showed up for Last Stand in the last few days. My faith in codexianity is slightly less dead now).

Speaking of last stand, I became an agent of :decline: and bought DLC to upgrade my mekboy to a suicide bomber. I still need a level or 2 to get the bitz that makes me immune to knockdown, but the whole teleport->explode setup works really well and it's fun to yell "Allahu Akbar!" before appearing in the middle of a bunch of soldiers and exploding. I imagine my build will get even better when I get reactive teleport and zzap knife.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
We should start deciding on a time to play solium bros. Mon-Thurs afternoons and evenings are my best times at the moment. That's kwa time mind you, which is no good since the rest of you are thirdworlders I think. Sundays are doable most of the time.
I can't play on sunday evenings(pnp playing time). Think the easiest way to play solium would be to just do one turn/day and more if time allows. If everyone keeps a good eye on their email it can work decently. It's a fairly slow pace game anyway.

Of course, if we find a time which works for everyone when we can binge, that would be cool too.

Teepo

Scholar
I tried at various times getting people to play toribash
That game has a steep learning curve and more importantly is not fun.

tetrinet (motherfucking tetris, free, 6mb download),

Hm, should I play an multiplayer zombie shooter or some variation on tetris. Hm... Hm... HM........

little fighter 2 (beat 'em up, free, 30mb download),

Gay.

frozen synapse (tbs, fairly simple, has been in a bunch of pay-what-you-want indie bundles),
Let me put it this way. Frozen Synapse is not the most exciting of games.

Go (board game, free, java client),

You ever play Go? It's a terrible game.

wesnoth (simpleish tbs, free, 300mb),

Not bad for wannabe japfag shit.
subspace (arcade multiplayer spaceship shooter, free, <100mb),

Eh. Same problem as the tetris multiplayer.

greed corp.
Greed Corp is hardly even a game. Very boring.

quake 1, quake 2, quake 3, ut2k4,

Does your computer even handle modern games?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I tried at various times getting people to play toribash
Steep learning curves intimidate me

tetrinet (motherfucking tetris, free, 6mb download),

Hm, should I play Left4Death for the hundredth time or take a chance on a 6mb timewaster? Fuck, what do my facebook friends think?

little fighter 2 (beat 'em up, free, 30mb download),

I can't think of anything witty to say, so I'll call you gay. That always works.

frozen synapse (tbs, fairly simple, has been in a bunch of pay-what-you-want indie bundles),

Let me put it this way. I refuse to touch titles with less than a $1mil marketing budget

Go (board game, free, java client),

I don't appreciate classic board games. Also, I don't understand why anyone would enjoy chess.

wesnoth (simpleish tbs, free, 300mb),

Big eyes on sprites means it's japanese.
subspace (arcade multiplayer spaceship shooter, free, <100mb),

I've never played this game, so I'll compare it to tetris.

greed corp.
Greed Corp is hardly even a game. Very boring.

quake 1, quake 2, quake 3, ut2k4,

IT NEEDS MORE SHADERS!

Fair enough. You're a graphics whore with a chonic fear of trying new games. I hear Modern WArfare and Skyrim are both very safe and you can play them without fear of alienating your social circles.

TripJack

Hedonist
I can't play on sunday evenings(pnp playing time). Think the easiest way to play solium would be to just do one turn/day and more if time allows. If everyone keeps a good eye on their email it can work decently. It's a fairly slow pace game anyway.

Of course, if we find a time which works for everyone when we can binge, that would be cool too.
Yeah of course you're right. I guess I was too sleep deprived when I wrote that post, as it completely slipped my mind that the game is pbem :retarded:.

I guess we should all work on getting our archfiends made then.

Phage -- Ity's an open group. Just look up codex diversity squad and click to join it on steam.
No, it is invite only. He already got in

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Indeed, we should make archfiends, we need to decide upon a host(more work as you have to mail out the saves and put them together). And what version to play.

For the people who have not played before, there are two things to consider when making an archfiend: 1: Don't pick the same portrait as someone else and 2: Don't make a character with less than 2 charisma.

Also, do we have a 6th player yet? I think root was considering joining.

TripJack

Hedonist
The latest version (1.08b) would be preferable, no?

I call this portrait.
504gvc.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
What's wrong teepo? Are you not at peace with your status as a graphics whore? Do you also hate UFO: Enemy unknown for using sprites and japanese-styled graphics in the intro?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
On an unrelated note.

WESNOTH, BROS.

Me, anus and hoax played a game. Though the map was waaaaay too big and stuff took too long to happen.
I've since then rediscovered and rekindled my love for the wesnoth map editor. I've made a few 2-, 3- and 4-player maps that are symmetrical (so noone can complain about starting positions), have a mixture of hills/forests/flat land/water so all races have bad/good terrain and most importantly ARE SMALL. (Units can reach enemy castle in 3-5 turns).

I'd still love a chance to play some games with people.

BUT I WON'T BE HOME UNTIL VERY LATE TONIGHT

I'm playing ArPeeGees at a friends place (Shadowrun 4E, tonight we're trying to find a buyer for some totally sweet second-hand cybernetic implants we harvested from the bodies of our enemies found lying around. In before we get double-crossed and have to flee before ghouls eat us). If people are still awake ~1AM CET I'll be around then and my little pixels will beat the shit out of your little pixels.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
non-yarr version sounds good to me too. I'd like the portrait on row 3 column 4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom