Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Of Orcs And Men

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.oforcsandmen.com/

Supposedly Cyanide studio is making this game, despite being busy copying Twitcher 2 formula into Fantastic Awesome Game Of Thrones ARPG. A game where You play as orcs and goblins is one of my CRPG wet dreams for a long time now. Anyone knows something more about this? I only found some screenshots and a teaser trailer.

Probably it's just another APRG (seriously, what else could it be?), but I read somewhere that You supposedly get party members (first one is a goblin), so this time we will get Mass Effect formula copied, I guess. It's of course too early to tell anything, but the concept makes me cautiously optimistic.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You can also play Enclave, there is even a secret mission where you need to capture elven and human women, for entertainment purpose obviously.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Multiplatform. Going with on-rails generic hack and slash. Probably like a single player version of Hunted: the Derp'en Forge.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Kitako

Arcane
Read a preview some time ago, saying the thing is focused on the story, and the gameplay shift between the two characters (stealth for the goblin, raawring for the orc).

But I learned to not hold my hopes up based on "vg journalism".

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
So yeah, there's only the orc and the goblin. No actual party. Another action-adventure with stats (?), it seems.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
KoboldsAteMyBabyRPGCover.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
What novel are you talking about?

Oh I was just joking about having business with Cyanide. I do have a novel that should be out first half of October with a nameless orc as the protagonist, following the "nameless gunslinger/samurai" trope. I'm actually excited for this game if only for the story. Orcs' role in fantasy should be explored more beyond the enemy fodder they're usually created for.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I do have a novel that should be out first half of October with a nameless orc as the protagonist, following the "nameless gunslinger/samurai" trope. I'm actually excited for this game if only for the story. Orcs' role in fantasy should be explored more beyond the enemy fodder they're usually created for.
I completely agree about orcs' role, and with playing this game for the story. I'm also curious about the novel - can you drop me the title (via PM if you don't want to do it publicly)? Seems interesting.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Game of Thrones RPG was generally praised by KKKodex, so this might be decent as well.

Also this is released on the same day as Dishonored.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hunted was horrible and even bombed with it's intended AAA consoletard audience.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
What novel are you talking about?

Oh I was just joking about having business with Cyanide. I do have a novel that should be out first half of October with a nameless orc as the protagonist, following the "nameless gunslinger/samurai" trope. I'm actually excited for this game if only for the story. Orcs' role in fantasy should be explored more beyond the enemy fodder they're usually created for.

Name it brah. At the very least it might generate some extra sales in addition to us making fun of your writing.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I'll name it when it its out for public sale. And then you may all feel free to chip away at my glorious, impeccable writing. :smug:

DemonKing

Arcane
I got a message from Steam last night telling me I could preorder it for $35. Given I paid about $23 for AGoT CRPG and enjoyed it quite a bit I'll probably wait for some reviews/a 50% off sale before I take a shot at this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom