Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
The hell?

WTF.jpg

Any gay or gay-friendly Mass Effect players please apply!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I don't think Chris is been unreasonable here.
He is rebuking homophobic remarks before a single one was made.

Basically, BSN posters are guilty until proven innocent of any fault attributed to them, including homophobia.

It's a strange mentality that you expect the worst from your very own online community and don't believe it is inhabited by likable people.

Well I didn't read the topic so I'll take your word for it. All I saw was that Chris gave a warning 4 hours after the topic began so been the optimist that I am I assumed that one of the members stepped out of line.

hoopy

Savant
It might seem he's not being unreasonable, but these days even merely questioning something a gay man says is considered offensive. "Bigotry" is short hand for "your statement is not in accordance with liberal and feminist values, and I don't need to explain why."

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Full lenght ME3: Take back the Earth trailer

Reminds me of this Starship Troopers thing, where everybody gets full emotional about some stupid bugs.

"Nooooo you killed the child you Husk bastards!!!!111 I take this very personal!!! Wahhhh dieeeeee!!!!!"

facepalm.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
I don't want her to die, I'm not one of those EXTREME grimdark characters BioWare write. I just want her to work in an industry more suited to her unique talents.
Like? MLP?
Hey, MLP is written much better than anything BioWare has come up with. There's like character development and stuff.

Not that I'd know anything about that, of course. That show's for girls.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I don't think Chris is been unreasonable here.
He is rebuking homophobic remarks before a single one was made.

Basically, BSN posters are guilty until proven innocent of any fault attributed to them, including homophobia.

It's a strange mentality that you expect the worst from your very own online community and don't believe it is inhabited by likable people.
Wyrm-kun, you do know that forum moderators can delete posts they find to be inappropriate? What do you think happened in that thread in the 4 hours between the original post and Priestly posting his warning?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Full lenght ME3: Take back the Earth trailer

facepalm.jpg
That is the creepiest-looking girl I have seen in a long time. Fuck, why do they use CG when it'd look a thousand times better to just use real actors?

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
[URL='https://twitter.com/#%21/search/realtime/%40BrandesHepler']https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/@BrandesHepler[/URL] said:
I'm so glad this storyline mode exists in ME3! Sometimes I come home after work and just want to have fun, not shoot things.
I remember the times when good girls not wanting to shoot at all played Sims, not corridor shooters.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've never heard of a videogame figure being "Internet lynched" like this before. Extra lulz that it may all be because of some faked screenshots.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
https://twitter.com/#!/Crispy98680408/status/171512774101450752

David Gaider
@paragadeshep @BrandesHepler I'm sure *most* people would be offended to discover they've been involuntarily lumped in with these morons.
Crispy
@davidgaider @paragadeshep @BrandesHepler I'm sure most respectable writers would be offended as well.

:lol:

But to be perfectly honest, this thing has exploded and gone too far. I mean, yeah, the lulz factor is there and it's pretty funny but some of the vitriol is way over the top.

Stinger

Arcane
The thing I hate about this is the idea that apparently Hepler is the cause of Bioware "becoming shit" when Bioware has had terrible writing for ages.

Also the nonwriting related insults are too much.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The thing I hate about this is the idea that apparently Hepler is the cause of Bioware "becoming shit" when Bioware has had terrible writing for ages.

Also the nonwriting related insults are too much.

Agreed, Hepler has become the sacrificial lamb, standing in for all of Bioware's failings. Some of the Twitterists even admit this.

Angthoron

Arcane
And to be honest the whole "luls ur fat" thing actually discredits the whole criticism thing since instead of commenting on the writing quality people focus on personal qualities which is derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I see a bright future for her as an advocate of gay rights, what better credentials that being e-lynched by the homophobic videogame crowd?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I think the real villain of this story is BioWare's management, for hiring an unqualified writer who doesn't even like video games.

This.

I'm guilty of a fair amount of mudslinging against Hepler myself (in my defense, she does paint herself as a large target). But the real idiots in this sordid story are Biowares HR department.

You wouldn't hire a chef who never cooked without a microwave, a grade school teacher who hates children or a mucisian that's deaf. (In before Beethoven).

So why hire a writer who's never worked with interactive media, hates video games and whose sole published work is universally regarded as a steaming pile of feces by critics and user reviewers?

It's tragic, really. I think Hepler would do a better job in a career where she was actually passionate about what she produced. Like, say, burger-flipper at McDonalds.

Damn it! I did it again!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom