Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Every type of humour becomes shit when mob-mentality kicks in, because it becomes harassment.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Good read, good read. I couldn't control myself and started laughing with the full voice in the office. Keep up the good work guys.
This. These last 7 pages have to be preserved for future generations.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if Mary Demarle wrote the Pritchard/Malik/Jensen bromance dialogues.

hoopy

Savant
I never realized it before, but one of the leader writers for Human Revolution was a woman, Mary DeMarle. If this Hepler debacle is all about her being a woman, why doesn't anyone have a problem with DeMarle?
1) Her writing - while by no means stellar - is leaps and bounds beyond the drivel Hepler cranks out.
2) She hasn't gotten on a soapbox, claiming that any legitimate complaints about her work stem from people being jealous of her vagoo
3) As far as I'm aware, she's concentrated on writing - her job - not making inane statements about gameplay decisions that should be left to the game designers. (Although recent products make me doubt the competence of biowares designers as well).
Yeah. I was being rhetorical of course.

There are many other women working as writers, but nobody seems to mind.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Just for you hoopy:

eNgA8.jpg

:love:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The Forbes article seems to miss what pissed me (and judging from comments, others) off in the first place; Hepler's comment about how we're all just jealous of her job and gender. Unsurprisingly, Bioware seems to have missed that as well. This whole thing would probably blow over if they did anything to back away from Hepler's comments, but instead they're vindicating her.
It's incredible how many Codexers are mislead by the lack of foul language and assorted dumbfuckery.
That article is the educated version of White Misogynistic Basement Dwellers want their toys back.
With added bogus sales data to top it all.
The summary of that piece is:
Hardcore gamers upset that games are going mainstream, society is a-changing, let's thrown in the tea party, gay marriage add the full quotation of the Hamburgess, nevermind that the full quotation doesn't change a damn.

Yeah,it looks like it's just a leftard who found the opportunity to attack gamers,the tea party,conservatives in general and everything else he doesn't like.I don't get why people around here like it,is it because it's in Forbes instead of a random blog or something?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Forbes article seems to miss what pissed me (and judging from comments, others) off in the first place; Hepler's comment about how we're all just jealous of her job and gender. Unsurprisingly, Bioware seems to have missed that as well. This whole thing would probably blow over if they did anything to back away from Hepler's comments, but instead they're vindicating her.
It's incredible how many Codexers are mislead by the lack of foul language and assorted dumbfuckery.
That article is the educated version of White Misogynistic Basement Dwellers want their toys back.
With added bogus sales data to top it all.
The summary of that piece is:
Hardcore gamers upset that games are going mainstream, society is a-changing, let's thrown in the tea party, gay marriage add the full quotation of the Hamburgess, nevermind that the full quotation doesn't change a damn.

Yeah,it looks like it's just a leftard who found the opportunity to attack gamers,the tea party,conservatives in general and everything else he doesn't like.I don't get why people around here like it,is it because it's in Forbes instead of a random blog or something?

Like I said, it's not a good article, but it isn't shallow either. Somewhat unsurprisingly the author is a Brit, not a Kwan

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Crying wolf about gender discrimination because Hepler is a female game dev and only playing bioware games, is like crying about discrimination from model builders and only playing with doll houses.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
bcTYN.jpg

:x

And Biodrones wonder why posting constructive criticism is such a chore/This is why we can't have nice things.

Finally caught up with this thread, burning up half of the working day.

But now my brain is fried and the other half of the working day is wasted as well.

:troll:

If you ever want to do it again, that thread is still open.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
"omfg you guys stfu that interview was like 5 years ago!!!!"

And she's done nothing to prove or even claim that she thinks any differently in that timespan. Eat shit Bileware.

bcTYN.jpg

:x

And Biodrones wonder why posting constructive criticism is such a chore/This is why we can't have nice things.

Finally caught up with this thread, burning up half of the working day.

But now my brain is fried and the other half of the working day is wasted as well.

:troll:

If you ever want to do it again, that thread is still open.

oh shit...

I should stop going to BSN.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck them! This is the reason why I dispise the Biodrones. No matter how well written you state a criticism, even if you are right they will make up some bullshit reasoning to lick Bioware's balls. The critics are always wrong and Biowareians are always right.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The defining aspect of western RPGs is that are branching dialog options.
Well, I'm glad that Mr. Bleach solved that for us, finally years of codexian debate have been put to an end.
So my Might and Magic games are not RPGs. Nor are the Wizardry, Ultima games. Damn, and I thought that I was playing RPGs the whole time. Silly me.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, I'm glad that Mr. Bleach solved that for us, finally years of codexian debate have been put to an end.

The real irony is that bioware dialogue options don't branch. They're essentially linear with pauses where you choose between 3 options: Yes!, Yes! (renegade points) and Yes! (Paragon points).

Hence the term "A biowarian choice" referring to a choice that leads to the (exact) same result regardless of what option you pick. You can count the amount of times a dialogue had more than 1 possible outcome in a recent bioware game on your fingers.

I have a feeling that Bleaches opinion is the mainstream unfortunately... when all of the old fags are gone, to be replaced by the forever alones who grew up on Biowares and CDPR nerd bait dating sims that gameplay will have very little to do with the definition of a "true" RPG. Seems kind of inevitable considering how things are going unless Bioware manage to fail their target audience somehow.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So my Might and Magic games are not RPGs. Nor are the Wizardry, Ultima games. Damn, and I thought that I was playing RPGs the whole time. Silly me.
Dating sims, on the other hand, with all that massive ammount of romance choices and no combat whatsoever, are true hardcore RPGs, not declining hybrids. We still have some indie developers fighting the good fight, with great RPGs such as Katawa Shoujo being made, but luckly BioWare has awakened and is finnaly returning the the old-school roots of great classics such as True Love.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
so, was the forbes guy called out on his supposed propaganda article?

link to that video with the guy that was drinking cum posted a few pages ago... don't click it unless you're going to dislike it, it's just here so I can post the comments, for no particular reason

typical youtuber with his entire fucking worldview shattered said:
why dislikes? O__o
he probably really believes this shit said:
I said I side with EA, and we all know what that does in the post SOPA overreaction days.
possible codexer said:
Wait, you name yourself after the main character of Baldur's Gate, and then you defend the woman that ensured that no Bioware game will ever come close to being as good as they once were? Fuck you.
kid said:
I would never expect BioWare to be as good as BG2. But I still enjoy their games.
Duskhu is vomit material. Anyway.
says the trannylover

racofer

Thread Incliner
Hm, judging by the comments not even Gamespot crowd is lapping up Bio bullshit. *tentative* Incline of Gamespot?

Nah, those expressing any sort of disbelief regarding the innocence of Hepler are infiltrated 4chan trolls attempting to diminish Gamespot firm stance against misogyny.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
better with kinect

I honestly want to play the role of a reaper in ME3, they like kill ugly children and doesn't afraid of doing dumb shit just to look cinematic

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
"Take Earth Back". Is that supposed to evoke jingoistic WW2 posters, like something you'd see in Fallout 3? The final quest there was even called "Take It Back!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom