Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Wulfstand

Prophet
What's up with the disappearance of General Gaming? Dota ain't a FPS, uatdafac. I had fun last night, especially when Padre logged in, those last few games were pretty cool.
Also, report meh for a severe case of faggotry D:<

Humppaleka

Cipher
Always russians in our team, godammit... :rpgcodex: Was pretty damn fun to say in the least. Looking forward to another night of spreading the codexian love (and embracing the rape.)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yes, move DOTA 2 to RPG, please.
It's just a funny new name for the same old forum - General Gaming. We already have all the DotA-likes in this forum so no moving around :)

Humppaleka who were you last night?

If you guys are playing tonight and I'm on steam just give a holla. I'm phanto in dota. And sc2. And like every game.

meh

Educated
Yes, move DOTA 2 to RPG, please.
It's just a funny new name for the same old forum - General Gaming. We already have all the DotA-likes in this forum so no moving around :)

Humppaleka who were you last night?

If you guys are playing tonight and I'm on steam just give a holla. I'm phanto in dota. And sc2. And like every game.
I might play some games tonight. How did you fare on European servers? My connection lags for a month now, even in Europe I have 90ms...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I didn't have any lag when we played, regardless of server.

meh

Educated
Good, I've submitted a case for my ISP, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I'll be loging in in about an hour, an hour and a half. Long time no see BirdsCanFly , you were that australian guy who used to play LoL, right?

Humppaleka

Cipher
Yeah I'm Cenilix on Steam, in almost every other game I'm Humppastara or -leka, somehow the Cenilix stuck on Steam. And I haven't had lag either on any server I've played on, must be your ISP meh.

meh

Educated
If anyone want to play tonight message me. I'd be up for 5-stack team to NOT random again.

Lupus

Liturgist
Alright, I got into beta today and I might try this shit someday. While I have background at LoL I don't really think it's gonna help me much at this game, so can you tell me if there's some site with gameplay tips for newbies, maybe some guides for champions and items?

Multi-headed Cow

Sniper is a super annoying asshole and I had fun playing a few games with him. I'm reeeeally not fond of his shrapnel power though. Kinda inclined to just skip it for stats/leveling other stuff.

desocupado

Magister
With sniper you should focus on the range upgrade, then the headshot, and harass like a motherfucker abusing that range and bonus damage from headshot.

The shrapnel power is nice in teamfights, does some damage, but the main thing is the slow.

That is, if he's the same as in dota 1. I still don't have a key.

br? br?

gibe key plos?

i report you

huehuehuehuehueheuheuheuehuehuheheuheuheu

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah, that's what I did. Was upgrading range as much as I could because it's so goddamn irritating to people early game. Second game I ignored shrapnel entirely and went headshot, range, and snipe (Or whatever it's called) and dumped the rest in stats and didn't seem noticeably weaker than I was with shrapnel the game before.

meh

Educated
Well, the shrapnel is good in conjunction with f.e. CM in a lane or constantly pushing/harassing towers early.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Zed's fab guide to Sniper

I play sniper like this (if I'm mid - which you should be if you're sniper):
1st point headshot
then max shrapnel first
then range when possible, max it after shrapnel
max headshot
skill ulti 6-11-16

1st point of headshot is the best rank of headshot (per skill point "cost"). It increases your harassment by quite a bit and the ministun can be a pretty effective "slow" if you're lucky.
You need range for a) harass, b) out-range towers. Neither is really needed against most heroes solo mid. A higher level in shrapnel will get you early kills, and any easy eventual tower last-hits (shrapnel damages buildings as well).
However, if you are duo lane top or bot, or against certain heroes mid, then range may very well be more desirable for better harassment.

Don't save the ultimate for kill steals. It has such a short cooldown anyway. Much better to just use it on weak opponents in river stand-offs etc.

Favored items:
If you're playing well in a scrub game, go skadi first.
Diffusal blade is a good item as well, definitely favored in certain match-ups.
I get manta late-game with every ranged agi hero.
If you're not very experienced with the hero you might want to get a bracer or something. Else just go a couple of wraith bands first.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Main hint about playing sniper is not playing sniper. Get a real carry instead.

But if you HAVE to play sniper play him smart. Early game max nuke since it will be your main source of damage/participation in team fights, then range, one level of headshot to prevent tp escapes. Farm a lot and PRAY enemies wont gank you/team will ward and support.

Build manta. In pubs get lothar. After that may as well make whatever, you will shine anyway since its late and you have awesome range - kill enemies out of the battle range.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
yeah

EDIT: those were good games tonight. it was fun stomping the pre-made clan team :)

Wulfstand

Prophet
Yeah, I love how this game can feel like a walk in the park when your whole team does well, and at the same time it feels like a nightmare when you're getting stomped.
Those russian kids were pretty hilarious near the ending, I couldn't really believe they'd rage that hard, bleh.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Finally got some good games off as King and Shaman too, was pretty happy with my 1337 skillz. Although somehow I bugged my ult once in the game, it triggered but then something stopped it, and I didn't know for example Scythe could stop it when it was already on? o_O Or I'm missing something. Anyways it was just one ult.

The rage from them was just unbeliavable indeed, felt really odd when they started screaming at us. Only in dota.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Very little money in my pocket means one more weekend night spent playing vidya gaems!
Zed, Padre, Humppaleka and the rest, are you up for a few in ~3 hours?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom