Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Codexian Wasteland 2 Location + Statue Fund-Raising Drive

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
So, are we going for the $10,000 mark now?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Updated my donors.txt

Note: Taluntain has advised that we may have a potential tax issue. If we go over certain amounts and limits in the account, PayPal starts asking for things. Things we don't necessarily have given we're relying on friends for a website that's run in our free-time. If it becomes a problem, we'll turn the account off and stop accepting donations but for now, just be aware we're looking into it. Will update when we know more.

Atomic

Augur
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Clipboard02-3.png

:love::mca:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Updated my donors.txt

Note: Taluntain has advised that we may have a potential tax issue. If we go over certain amounts and limits in the account, PayPal starts asking for things. Things we don't necessarily have given we're relying on friends for a website that's run in our free-time. If it becomes a problem, we'll turn the account off and stop accepting donations but for now, just be aware we're looking into it. Will update when we know more.

Wow PayPal screwing someone over. Who would have thought it.

hiver

Updated my donors.txt

fucking paypal, do whats best. dont risk anything.

majestik12

Arcane
You get to place a personalized collectible artifact in our world and write its backstory!
Although Brian sure knows better, I think that's not the best idea. No matter how crazy the setting is, it still must be coherent. Dealing with 200 backer-created bullshit descriptions can become a pain in the butt. Considering how things are at the official forum, the devs would be better off with "You get to place a personalized LGBT NPC in our world and pick its particular sexual orientation".

EDIT:
Yeah, they really should go this way. Like, $100 gets you a premium DLC that adds "sexual orientation" to character creation screen and $1000 lets you download a gay romance DLC. The opportunities are tremendous indeed.

MCA
Updated my donors.txt

Transfer $5K to another account for the time being, between you and Taluntain?

Stabwound

Arcane
Send the money to kickstarter ASAP. Or at least get it out of the Paypal.

The way PP works, they have automatic red flags go up if someone suddenly gets a huge influx of "donations" in a short period of time. They freeze accounts first and it's up to you to get it back again.

I would get it out of PP as soon as possible. Especially since you have to donate to kickstarter through Amazon payments, not paypal.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah I would just make the donation -- you can always increase it.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Yeah I would just make the donation -- you can always increase it.
The money isn't taken out until April 17th though, isn't it?

You must have a ton of account upgrades to do. I haven't received my patron or ad free stuff but I figure it might happen after the insanity gets back to a more normal codexian level.

FUDU

Arcane
Crooked Bee DarkUnderlord
Furthermore - not sure if this has already been suggested - I think it would be a good idea to donate all the jewgold this drive collects to W2 to avoid butthurt amongst our donators. I know our servers could do with some love, but I'm thinking auctioning off the physical goodies when they arrive could probably bring in more jewgoldz to the KKKodex than any cut you could reasonably take from the donation drive.

The only problem with this plan, is the loot won't be here to auction off, for another 18 or so months.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
But, yeah, the biggest problem is, as people mentioned, if Pay Pal flags it they're going to freeze it and it'll probably take fucking forever to jump through their hopes to reclaim it.

hiver

I think its best to send some rounded sum over, say 7,000 and then add the rest laters. I would also suggest sending it over with a note making sure that we are giving this for a turn based game, just to make sure we get our support for this design straight.
And then you guys could maybe ask about specifics of what we can get in terms of in game presence. At least in some generally more clear manner.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We will get turn based. Fargo is making this game for himself, and I'm pretty sure his nerd ass wants turn based, just like my nerd ass does.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
I think its best to send some rounded sum over, say 7,000 and then add the rest laters. I would also suggest sending it over with a note making sure that we are giving this for a turn based game, just to make sure we get our support for this design straight.
And then you guys could maybe ask about specifics of what we can get in terms of in game presence. At least in some generally more clear manner.
Fargo specifically stated that this would be a turn-based game. I don't think that's going to change since that was at the core of his pitch to the crowd. If someone put their money down and is expecting a post-apoc Mass Effect 4, then that person is dumb.

hiver

Yeah, yeah, i didnt say anything to the contrary. Just making sure thats what we are giving money for specifically, just to "subtly" say we wont go for some sudden change or hybrid systems of crap or something like that.
And not worded directly, just saying "in support of long awaited turn based true RPG game" or similar. You know? Subtlety? ... possibly with a picture of a chain saw somewhere....

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I would get it out of PP as soon as possible. Especially since you have to donate to kickstarter through Amazon payments, not paypal.
Yeah, the account is operated by a friend of Taluntain's (long story behind that going back to when it was established and limits Tal had in whatever backwards country it is he's in that I forget) but I've been assured the check is on its way. I've also opened a new PayPal account under my company's name which will handle the Codex stuff from now on (and I have an Accountant who can work out any tax issues). We're in the midst of setting that up now.

Either way, next week when the banks open, I'll be doing some transfers between my own accounts and putting in the $7,500 pledge into the KickStarter myself while I wait for the check (it may surprise you but I don't keep that much spare in my everyday account). I expect that should take 2 - 3 business days. Worse case scenario the check never arrives / bounces and I'm down $7.5k.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom