Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland 2 - What to do if we raise more than $10k?

What would you prefer we do with the dosh?

• Total voters

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Fuck Wasteland, all funds should go to building a codex vault. Someone's got to challenge Cleve for dominance over the baby meat wastes.

(Voted 2K for server, and 80/20% split for funds > 12K - don't care about the party)

Kz3r0

Arcane
Guys, we are missing an opportunity here, SMA for the Wasteland 2 party and Kaiserin for the Banner Saga rotscope, it would be glorious.:codexisfor:

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck the party. Anything above $5k should go to W2 and the Codex, IMO.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
baby arm is going to the party.

We'll end this at $10k.

We've reached (beyond) what we were aiming for. $10k is the maximum reward and it's only appropriate that the Codex proudly proclaim that we bought one of the largest packages available after raising the money in as little as a week.

I will consider starting a new fund for $2,500 for the Banner Saga (Codex Viking GOD - let us spread our name far and wide and into as many orifices of the internet world as possible!)

We will have a specific drive for Codex Server Upgrades at some later date.

To answer someone's question earlier, we get like $3 bucks from the merchandise (which is why all the prices are so expensive otherwise it's not worth it).

Good call. Reserving some ducats for the Codex server drive later on.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I 've got a few questions

1 Wasn't the point of the whole Codex 2.0 upgrade to decrease the server load and avoid upgrades for a significant amount of time?didn't that help as much as was expected or did the influx of new users ate that up in a couple of months?

2 How much do you esxpect these 2k upgrades to last?How many users will we be able to handle if the current configuration seems to have problems handling above 700

3 Were are all the new unwashed masses coming from?The BSN after the late shitstorm?

No it didn't and yes they did.

No telling right now. The EC2 that DU is throwing around isn't necessarily what we'll go with. On a properly scalable cloud setup there's no effective limit except $$$.

Everywhere. Apparently there's a shortage of soap.

Jason

chasing a bee
And btw, we should give Jason at least a Benjamin for booze and err.. other expenses.
Cant have a man doin` all that mingling and old school brofisting and interviews thirsty... why he is likely to collapse even before he scores something.

Appreciate the thought, but I don't drink anymore. Send party favors instead, preferably the little paper ones with funny pictures. Helps get in the right frame of mind ("Fear & Loathing in Wasteland 2").

Also Jason, you are hereby ordained to wear a moustache like this and have a face like this the whole evening

No. The beard stays. I can do the bitter, constipated look just fine, though.

Agree, but the catch is that those funds were donated with the understanding that the money was going to W2, not Codex costs. Perhaps we can trade the $10,000 bonus for something game-related (whether in-game or copies for members) rather than access to a press party.

Anything over $10,000 should go to Codex costs, though. The W2 drive was for $5k or $10k at the most. On the other hand, that decision should rest with the actual donators.

hiver

And btw, we should give Jason at least a Benjamin for booze and err.. other expenses.
Cant have a man doin` all that mingling and old school brofisting and interviews thirsty... why he is likely to collapse even before he scores something.

Appreciate the thought, but I don't drink anymore. Send party favors instead, preferably the little paper ones with funny pictures. Helps get in the right frame of mind ("Fear & Loathing in Wasteland 2").
But of course. I only said booze not to get you into unnecessary trouble mang :)
Tell them all about the bats!

Also Jason, you are hereby ordained to wear a moustache like this and have a face like this the whole evening

haha... well, at least you have a mustache then so i was not too off the mark.

Unwanted

Frian Bargo

Kosmonaut's Alt

Agree, but the catch is that those funds were donated with the understanding that the money was going to W2, not Codex costs. Perhaps we can trade the $10,000 bonus for something game-related (whether in-game or copies for members) rather than access to a press party.

Anything over $10,000 should go to Codex costs, though. The W2 drive was for $5k or $10k at the most. On the other hand, that decision should rest with the actual donators.
This. We should aim high.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Voted:
[Party Expenses] - Any party attendance is at the attendee's own expense.
[Server] - The Codex needs a new server, so we should use the opportunity to raise $2k for it ($12k)
[Beyond $12k] - Any money above $12k should be split 80% for Wasteland 2 and 20% for the Codex.

Party is rather useless thing, we could get so much more with the money.
I'm all for using part of the funds to purchase a new server, even if we won't reach $12000. Hell, even if we'll get only $9000 you should take these $2000 if they are going to help the 'dex. Although what hardware are you going to purchase for that? What hardware does 'dex run right now? $2000 seems quite a lot, but I never ran server so I don't know.
I'd say Codex should take some % of cash (I'd raise it to 30%) at some point to make sure it will have enough funds for another 2 years for everything it needs, however no more than that. If you will get enough then after that 100% should go to wasteland 2 case again.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Party is rather useless thing, we could get so much more with the money.
You are missing the point Konjad, we are upping Codex's prestige by sending our representative to the party.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
All this talk of trannies could scare the new folks away before the new servers are up. Just sayin' M:

I will get back to work now.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Hypothetical question for you Konjad: If it were - in a twisted parallel universe - you who had been chosen to be possibly send back in time to prevent humanity's downfall into chaos to the party, would it still be considered a useless thing by yourself?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Hypothetical question for you Konjad: If it were - in a twisted parallel universe - you who had been chosen to be possibly send back in time to prevent humanity's downfall into chaos to the party, would it still be considered a useless thing by yourself?
End of the world? Pfff. This is where it's at.

RPGWatch: "The Codex haters hate every game."

RPGCodex: "Yeah, althought Fargo said something different when he was drinking with a Codexer on his W2-exclusive-party."

RPGWatch: :rage:

RPGCodex: :troll:

Oh yeah, money well spent.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I would decline and insist it's spend on something else.

Gregz

Arcane
baby arm is going to the party.

We'll end this at $10k.

We've reached (beyond) what we were aiming for. $10k is the maximum reward and it's only appropriate that the Codex proudly proclaim that we bought one of the largest packages available after raising the money in as little as a week.

I will consider starting a new fund for $2,500 for the Banner Saga (Codex Viking GOD - let us spread our name far and wide and into as many orifices of the internet world as possible!)

We will have a specific drive for Codex Server Upgrades at some later date.

To answer someone's question earlier, we get like $3 bucks from the merchandise (which is why all the prices are so expensive otherwise it's not worth it).

:bro:

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
If there's going to be a $10K donation, I think you should try to time it so that it bumps the total above 1.5m. It is inching its way there very slowly now. It might still be a while before it reaches 1.490 (currently at 1.483).

An opportunity to give it maximum symbolic value :)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
KICK.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
RPGSmurf Forums - after Wasteland 2 is released

neeg.jpg

"Smurf the line, mates" -DU Smurf

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom