Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why so slow?

Thrasher

Erudite
I bet this has been explained elsewhere. The new forums look GORGEOUS, but why so slow? They test my patience... And then I go elsewhere... Are you lacking internets?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Image1.png

Thrasher

Erudite
That's an insane rate of increase. Are these bots or real people? Or are RPGs becoming too popular. ;)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why 'dex is becoming so popular? Soon it'll be a new mainstream and people will have to migrate to Watch to stay at least a bit cool and edgy :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks like Wasteland 2's responsible for the biggest spike. That Fargo and his namedropping.

MCA
The problem is this: we have been becoming way too fucking soft what with all the :love: and shit. We need to toughen up and get back on top of our game which is that Codex is an unfriendly hive of vitriol and hatred. We hate every thing. This is not a friendly place and we don't want your sorry and unwanted faces here. Konjad, fuck you you subhuman piece of shit. I can not tell whether you are a jew or a nigger or a woman or third worldian or what but it doesn't matter because they all stink and so do you. And who the fuck even is this "Thrasher", whose alt are you? You have 1300-something posts and I don't even know who the fuck you are. Are you a Biowhore or TES refugee or what? Get the fuck out of this place. NAU! You suck. Roguey, who are you again? What kind of faggot do you have to be to use a junkie cunt's face for an avatar? I don't even know why DU puts up with all these goddamn morons so obviously something must be wrong with him as well.

And don't even get me started on BRAIN FART-GO and his new religion called Wasteland 2. What kind of retards have taken up residence here in Codex that people managed to raise $10000+ for a game that doesn't even exist in any shape or form all because some guy is whispering words of bliss into their ears. Well then here's an idea: I'll rape your moms and sisters while whispering nice things into their ears and it will all be okay.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
I'm hijacking this thread to report a minor issue as it's not worth to start a new topic about it.

When on the front page (address bar shows www.rpgcodex.net) if you click any of the headlines it takes you to the #anchor of the headline that you chose, but instead of doing it instantly it reloads the page and only then goes to the #anchor. It was driving me nuts, so i circumvented it by bookmarking www.rpgcodex.net/index.php. It's not a major problem but it's counterproductive and every click on the headline is eating away codex servers when it should not.

Checked on latest firefox, opera and ie8.

Thrasher

Erudite
DU, I think you need more server horsepower. Hopefully you've gained lots of internets from the increased traffic to pay for it.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DU, I think you need more server horsepower. Hopefully you've gained lots of internets from the increased traffic to pay for it.

The Codex really needs a server upgrade. DU will most likely start a server upgrade donation drive soon.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
DU, I think you need more server horsepower.
Taluntain is having trouble fitting all the horses in. You can lead a horse to water etc...

Hopefully you've gained lots of internets from the increased traffic to pay for it.
Fun Fact™: No, we don't. We're still second. What's wrong Codex? Why can't you win the internets?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom