Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News More Wasteland 2 news

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Brian Fargo, InXile Entertainment; Liz Danforth; Wasteland 2

Brain Fargo answered a few community questions over at No Mutants Allowed. The questions cover multiplayer, DLC and the ever-popular quest compass.

Fargo doesn't like day-0 DLC:
Will the game contain any form of day-one or small DLC (not expansion pack-sized ones post-release)?

Hell no there won't be day one DLC... everything is going to the game as it should be. I feel like I've been taken advantage of in other games in which they tried to sell me stuff that was already completed. This isn't a free to play model. Now of course I might insist on a red boots DLC pack for fun.​

Also, don't forget to check out our own recent Q&A here.

But wait..! There's more!

Liz Danforth writes on her blog about her experience writing Highpool for Wasteland, and how she will make an area in Wasteland 2 at least as emotionally engaging:

Right now, it looks like I’ll be doing just a little in the new game, but at least one map. Expect a worthy successor to Highpool. Expect me to jack around with your emotions and expect your decisions to have consequences. I know more about games and game design than I did then, and I’d like to think I’m at least as creative today as I was then, if not more so.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I added the Liz Danforth blog. Fargo linked it on twitter. Very nice read.

hiver

Will the game contain a quest compass?

We have no plans for a quest compass. We are designing this game to maximize exploration and discovery and through good design it should work fine. I like the tension of wandering off and stumbling upon random encounters... makes you pay attention. I made one comment that IF for some reason despite everything people are complaining about getting lost all the time then maybe we would look into ways to counter that. We are not making this game to try to appeal to a mass market and it has always served me well to assume the audience is smart.

/ well, this should assuage some fears at least.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"We are not making this game to try to appeal to a mass market and it has always served me well to assume the audience is smart.​
PROTIP: Brian Fargo is a BRO. "

Explains some of the games Interplay released under his watch. LMFAO

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Explains some of the games Interplay released under his watch. LMFAO"

It sure does. Big difference between them and this:

be7rdf.png

bminorkey

"Explains some of the games Interplay released under his watch. LMFAO"

It sure does. Big difference between them and this:

The irony being that David Gaider is completely correct - being hardcore doesn't have much to do with intelligence - but something like a quest compass or toning down of strategic depth is not "appealing to the masses", it's straight out telling your players they are spoiled monkeys. So being a casual gamer here is equated with being retarded anyway.

Hekateras

Educated
What about a Betrayal at Krondor kickstarter?

There's actually been some talk recently from the makers of BaK for a BaK remake kickstarter.

Unfortunately, it guttered out on Feist's end, as the rights to BaK aren't available at this moment. It might be referring to how Feist is currently writing the final book of the trilogy the novelisation to BaK is part of. Maybe after it's published the situation will change. It's reassuring, at least, that Neal and John Cutter are still interested in BaK.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Most of them are classics to this day. "
Have you played all these so called 'classics' released by Interplay under Fargo? LMFAO​

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom