Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

It's Time

What say you?

• Total voters
I'm going out on a limb here, but it's what we Americans do (taking the world with us). Since we've surpassed the necessary requirement in having a subforum (2 users), I think it's time for the creation of a turn-based strategy gaming subforum focused on tablets. Or at the very least, expand the coverage of TC to encompass such games. It does seem there is a growth of TB on tablets (and in Russia HUR HUR); granted most of these games are clones, but eventually there will be more original content. Even Battlefront has entered the tablet market.

Cassidy

Arcane
Even though large tracts of Codexia and many old and famous forums have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Apple Cult and all the odious apparatus of hipsterfag rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Site Feedback, we shall fight on the GD and Adventure, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our RPGCodex, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the News, we shall fight on the General Gaming, we shall fight in the GRPGD and in the Strategy, we shall fight in the Library; we shall never surrender.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Far be it for me to judge what subforums should and shouldn't be created (I mean I got one dedicated to Emma Watson once, ffs) but I don't think the time has come yet for a tablet section. There are far too many subforums as it is, and the LGTB-only RPG forum had dibs a long time ago anyway.

Voted NEIN

Don't care about the poll, but don't you dare go on hiatus again.

I'll be around for quite awhile. Contrary to the poll topic, I'm not an Apple supporter. Working in film/TV now; everyone in this line of work uses Apple products, being artsy fartsies. So I had to buy one to interface with these turkeys. Some days there is nothing going aside from initial setup, so I play strategy games on this fucking thing (Words with Friends HUR HUR). Hence my interest.

Good to see you're still around.

Phelot

Arcane
Why not simply make a separate thread for each game as they come out?

Why not simply make a separate thread for each game as they come out?

Imagine the outcry. I don't think every TB game warrants attention anyway, and I don't really want to pollute the more complex strategy games that inhabit the strategy forum. The mega thread idea makes more sense, even if it only has one user HUR HUR. Eventually there will be complex games down the pipeline aside from clones, and tablets are the one area where TB is considered acceptable; the hardware suits it. On PC, TB strategy is a niche (a niche I love, but a niche nonetheless).

Renegen

Arcane
Tablets? We've barely begun to accept consoles in the GRPG sub-forum. Come back in 5 years.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Notebooks didn't use to be prestigious.
Now look at them:
victorian_steampunk_laptop_by_retro_spector_2.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tablets? We've barely begun to accept consoles in the GRPG sub-forum. Come back in 5 years.
With games of interest actually being developed for the PC again, I think we ought to cut back a bit on the consoles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom