Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 3 community patch 1.75 released

made

Arcane
DL links are back up, including a hotfix for yesterday's patch.

Revenant

I would rather see JoWooD releasing Gothic III's source code under GPL, as they already gave the source code to the community mod devs. Ported to multiple platforms Gothic III with ironed out bugs would be the only modern game I will ever need.

Antagonist

Liturgist
Probably not possible due to licensing restrictions since Piranha Bytes used all kind of third party libraries (SpeedTree et al.) but the original engine for Gothic 1 and 2 might be a viable target for open source treatment. For some inexplicable reason Gothic 2 runs noticeably worse on my current (and fairly powerful) system than it did on the one when I played it 9 years ago. Gothic 1 also barely reaches 20+ FPS. It would be cool if some community developers could have a look at this.

Deleted member 7219

These fuckers are just trolling now...every time they release a CP they say it's the LAST EVAH!!!! I loved it with CP 1.60 so can't imagine what it's like now. Myrtana is such a great location that I even stomached a playthrough of Forsaken Gods(before the community enhancement) just to experience it some more.

I feel the same. I hate it that you have to start a new game each time. Makes me feel like, "Oh, I won't download 1.60 because 1.61 will be out in a few months and I'll have to start again.... oh, they say this is the last one, they'll probably be moving on after this, I might as well install it. Oh, 1.61 is out. FUUUUU-"

Deleted member 7219

Never mind. First impressions: They've done a great job with this patch, so I don't mind starting all over again. Stuttering seems to have gone, at last. FXAA looks pretty good. Menus and floating text have finally been sorted out for widescreen resolutions.

adure

Liturgist
I've played every other PB game to death and avoided this one like the plague because of so many bad reviews (bugs, imbalances etc.)

How does it stand now? Is it a good game? How does it compare to, say, G2:NotR?
compared to g2notr it really sucks!

no fanpatch can repair the retarded and fucked up storyline...

There is a fanmade mod / overhaul in the making called Community Story Project which goal it is to fix the story (introducing chapters again, make the companions more believable, more/different endings, more quests etc.). If the game sucks for you because of the story/questdesign you could give it a try when it's released.

thats really nice, but they work since 2009 on this.
i dont see that this will be ever released.

Morkar Left

thats really nice, but they work since 2009 on this.
i dont see that this will be ever released.

There are too much people involved to crash. Even people who worked on the community patch helped out a bit. But yes, It's possible that it will take around another 1-2 years again. It's a huge project, maybe a bit less than U5:Lazarus I would say.

My temper ended when I've liberated all cities including the fucking capital, but every bum was rude to me, and i still had to find Xardas in the fucking snow desert, where everything looks same. So, when I've finally found his tower, he was just sitting there and eating soup.
EATING FUCKING SOUP.

Deleted member 7219

I was taken aback by that. In my first playthrough I basically went to Xardas quite quickly because every 'friend' you meet says "YOU'VE GOT TO SPEAK TO XARDAS!". And he was just sitting there doing nothing. Anyway, he asked me to do some stuff and I was like, "Lol, no, you die now".

made

Arcane
Game looks great but I only get like 20-30 fps in the opening battle. And controls feel kinda muddy, even with mouse smoothing turned way down and vsync off.

Morkar Left

I'm afraid that muddy feeling won't go away. It's mostly the slow animations you are stucked in till they are executed. That means you have to look at the animations of your enemies and time your attacks.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
These fuckers are just trolling now...every time they release a CP they say it's the LAST EVAH!!!! I loved it with CP 1.60 so can't imagine what it's like now. Myrtana is such a great location that I even stomached a playthrough of Forsaken Gods(before the community enhancement) just to experience it some more.
The difference between the last few and this one is that it's an official patch, meaning that the publisher(s) will also host it and any new physical releases of the game will contain it on disk.

tindrli

Arcane
Bros, im thinking about start playing it for a first time and i wonder.. is still 1.75 last patch???. should i consider and other patches/mods beside community patch ?

Should i even try to play it with this configuration I was never a graphic fag and i dont mind at all playing it in all LOW settings if it will give me decent FPS

Fagdows 7 32 bit
Intel Pentium P6200 / 2.13 GHz
Mobile Intel HM55 Express
4 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics

and is the game finally playable???

and just one more thing, does forsaken gods include standard Gothic or its another campaign or whatever??

Last edited:

Nim

Augur
1.75.14 is the final patch

You will have to put some stuff to low, whatever that graphics card is it is probably pretty bad ( X2 2GHz, 4GB Ram and a Radeon 4830 here, plays pretty good, SSD would help with the occasional loading stuff that is still a bit annoying)

Just don't expect too much from the game

Revenant

Play vanilla (1.12) instead. I doubt the game will run well on Intel Graphics, if it will run at all. Don't even touch Forsaken Gods - it contains only the Myrtana part of the original gameworld and is very bad.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Vanilla is horribly bugged and combat system is shit. You sould play that game with 1.75.14 - it improves almost every aspect of the game. Not sure about performance - I suppose that 1.75 will suffer the same memory leaks that are in 1.12.

Revenant

I honestly don't know what memory leaks in vanilla you people are talking about. With the 4gb patch for 64 bit systems vanilla 1.12 Gothic 3 doesn't crash for me, like, ever. Also, alternate balancing introduced with the CP is even worse than the original melee combat system. Plus, the CP adds game content that doesn't match with PB's aesthetics.

Nim

Augur
I honestly don't know what memory leaks in vanilla you people are talking about. With the 4gb patch for 64 bit systems vanilla 1.12 Gothic 3 doesn't crash for me, like, ever.
I suppose you are one of the lucky ones then.
Also, alternate balancing introduced with the CP is even worse than the original melee combat system.
Nobody forces you to play with alternative balancing/AI. They knew that it was not to everyones taste which is why they made it optional.
Plus, the CP adds game content that doesn't match with PB's aesthetics.
Shouldn't actually. You sure this was the CP's fault and not some mod ?

covr

Prophet
Patron
No, it does not suffer the same memory leaks. Where does that assumption come from ?
Well, maybe not memory leaks, but something with cleaning RAM memory - game still sometimes freezes for about quarter to half a second when player is running and a lot models/textures are loading. Got this on 2 PC's, I've read that many people suffers from the same hard-coded memory bug.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
No, it does not suffer the same memory leaks. Where does that assumption come from ?
Well, maybe not memory leaks, but something with cleaning RAM memory - game still sometimes freezes for about quarter to half a second when player is running and a lot models/textures are loading. Got this on 2 PC's, I've read that many people suffers from the same hard-coded memory bug.

I got all that freezes and CTDs 4 months ago when I replayed the game, even with all them patches game has serious performance problems.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Also, new combat system is harder and more demanding, you should at least try it. In vanilla, when you are surrounded by enemies they wait and attack you one by one. Which is retarded.

Nim

Augur
Yes, I have that too. F.ex. when running from Trelis to Geldern there is one place on a ledge past that farm with the alchemist where it just freezes for a second or so clearly loading a lot of stuff. That's not a memory leak though. Shitty engine can only be improved so much I suppose.

I got all that freezes and CTDs 4 months ago when I replayed the game, even with all them patches game has serious performance problems.
The only CTDs I've had so far were when Alt-Tabbing and wanting to get back into the game. Maybe around 10% of the time game just crashes there.

tindrli

Arcane
i will report my situation as soon as i can

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom