Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heinous Gaider Interview

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
who gives a shit what a nerdy ass dnd rulebook says
Because that's where the whole idea of the alignments comes from, smart guy. Also, fuck you. Chaotic Neutral always struck me more as irrationality than insanity, but I suppose one can encompass the other.

I'm pretty sure Felicia Day got started with this:

And Gaider definitely does need to embrace his inner Kane.

random_encounter

Educated
someone fill me in on who this felica day bitch is. she seems to be famous just cause shes a slut that plays videogames and isnt ugly?

please respond.
E-famous nerd girl whose claim to fame is the Guild series and appearing on Dr. Horrible. Has managed to leverage said popularity into gaming roles as a voice actor in Fallout New Vegas for an NPC and an actual character in Dragon Age 2 Mark of the Assassin expansion. Don't know if she's actually finished any of the games she's mentioned. Something of a bitchy diva in real life.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I just spent the day drinking beer and watching all five seasons of 'The Guild' and liked it. The acting is okay, the characters grow on you and the writing works. There's a few cool cameos, many references that a Codexer should get, a bit of lewdness and more than a few good laughs. Furries scare her. That's a bonus.

Plus she's hot. How many girlfriends have you had that initially *pretend* to like video games that eventually turns into, "I'm so sick of seeing the back of you head on the computer"? Even though this is based on MMO's at least she wouldn't be asking you to come watch the latest episode of Survivor or something in the living room.

Anyways, I liked it and think it was well done.

This is probably coinciedence but she did make a reference to leaving a turtle on her back in the mailbag video a few pages back and her name is Codex1. I'm surprised that the half of you that aren't gay, trannied or furry aren't fapping to her videos right now.

poetic codex

Augur
I give her props for doing what she loves and getting paid for it. An enviable position for any geek regardless of gender.

However, I do think she's benefiting from the "girl geek= Queen Bee" syndrome. A lot of female geeks who aren't hideous realize that they could milk it to their benefit because they know a crap ton of us fawn all over them. It's gotten to the point where even non-geeky girls have caught on and realize that they could do cosplay, or play WOW in order to get the female ego boost that comes along with the added attention of being a "girl geek."

I bet girl geeks always enjoyed certain benefits compared to their male counterparts, but the internet/youtube age has been a MAJOR boon for them.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Anyone who says Felicia Day isn't hot needs to show the picture of the girl he's currently honoring.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Felicia Day would be an excellent GF for any red-blooded male geek, but when it comes to looking at pictures of girls on the internet there are far hotter females available. Just because this particular collection of pixels represent a person you'd probably enjoy chatting with IRL, it doesn't make it any more fappable.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Fine, maybe she's not 'hot' or fappable, I shouldn't have even written that. To me, she's attractive and cute. Plus she's got a brain and has talent.

It's not the point though, I liked the show and got a few good laughs out of it. Others might not like it. She wrote it herself as well and I think it's 'fun'. I don't know much about her other than that, couldn't get into the OP interview and only made it through two of the DA episode things before giving up. 'The Guild' is up my alley though, and I'd expect quite a few others here might like it as well.

Captain Shrek

"Alignment is not a straight jacket".

My opinion? Alignment titles are shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom