Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dishonored by Arkane

kingcomrade22

Educated
That trailer is fuckin great. Not showing gameplay kind of sucks, but the trailer shows a pretty neat world.

Sacculina

Educated
These awareness lines – along with much of the HUD’s additional elements, like objective markers and even the frob highlight – can be toggled off.
And they don’t just religiously follow their patrols. They’re sometimes pulled off by a painting in the environment, or a fireplace, or a rat that they want to stomp – these little dynamic things – and then they go back to the patrol. So that factors into the situation as well. However, if they ever actually engage you – they for sure know you’re there, and fight you, or find a body you’ve left behind – they never fully cool down. They will conclude that maybe you left – ‘Ah, he got away! Let’s keep an eye out!’ – but they will stay at a minimal level of alert after that. They’re not going to conclude it was nothing.”
“The guards notice when a patrol route has been vacated,” Smith adds. “Sometimes they change routes to make up for it.”
The result is a stealth game where levels can never be truly ‘learned’, and goes a fair way to addressing the issue of patrol routes amounting to elaborate timing puzzles. And with that constant uncertainty should come an ever-present tension.

Shit, that's some serious incline there. I cannot wait to have my stealth immershun periodically shattered by Bethesda QA.

Roderick

Savant
Fuck, that sounds amazing. this could truly be aprogression for stealth games

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow. That stealth systems sounds awesome - potentially even better than Thief.

Don't you dare fucking disappoint with this, Arkane. I want you to succeed and be like the next Looking Glass. DO THIS RIGHT, FFS

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All of these cool features won't mean much, if they don't exist in the context of large and well-designed non-linear (non-console/popamole) levels.

Otherwise it's just a stylish Splinter Cell.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Especially if bethesda is involved.

Wulfstand

Prophet
That last trailer sucked, I'll quote one of the top yt comments as to why:

so a bunch of half a second shots mixed with pre rendered cutscenes counts as a gameplay video?
jesus christ
call me when they do a "first 20 minutes" video or some shit, this is worse than a teaser trailer
The whole trailer did nothing for me, it didn't deliver. When I first heard that song I thought I'd get a bit of plot, a few glimpses at future encounters, when all along, they're just a few gameplay snippets.​

OuterSpace

Scholar
Serious lack of kicking in that trailer. Just looks like a bunch of canned assassination animations.

Don Peste

Arcane
OMG OMG OMG It's gunna be great! It looks a bit overpowered, though. I guess you can always play in hard difficulty.

Edit Oct 16, 2016: Well I guess it was OK.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
So I guess there won't be a non-violent route in the game?
I always liked how on higher difficulties in Thief you couldn't kill people to succeed.

Also the blood effects in the trailer looked overdone and strange, but I guess I will anyway only get a reduced-violence version here, so I probably won't have to endure them.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Looks like generic, plastic, console hybrid shit to me but hey whatever floats your little boats.

Footnote: Because the Codex seems to be googling over it, chances are I'll play the demo or maybe even pirate a copy but if it's bad and underwhelming, as suggested, I will murder you all for distracting me from my newfound enjoyment in a plethora of RTS titles.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Looks like a yet another pretentious hipster piece of shit - just like Bioshock Infinite, except with a teenage girl this time.
And look at that grimdark.

I can already see people with 2 digit IQ praising it for great art-direction and deep plot.
Woah everything is so random in this world - cool like best anime! Look devs are so DEEP they even trademarked the phrase "revenge solves everything" (incoming lawsuit for the Codex)

Gord said:
So I guess there won't be a non-violoent route in the game?
I always liked how on higher difficulties in Thief you couldn't kill people to succeed.
If it was developed by Thief devs for PC it would've been like Thief sure.
Alas it's developed by Bethesda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom