Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TES forums are so lame

Tintin

Arbiter
Cool, so can this be the new RPGCodex trend? Start threads about ESF threads? We'll call it "Elder Scrolls Forum Codex"

Data4

Arcane
Not to sound like some kind of armchair moderator, but the Best Thread Ever thread is the de facto spot for this kind of stuff. Think of the children. Think of Sheek.

-D4

Teb

Novice
Summary:
Hannah, a member of the ESF secret police, closed his thread for sarcasm and then allowed a second thread on the same topic (minus the sarcasm) to stay open.

First thread:
shaitan522 said:
If you are one of the very, very few people who took the initiative to actually call a store to see when Oblivion is available I would first of all like to congratulate you on your ingenuity and perseverance. Way to go.

We'd love to hear all the details of the conversation you had with whoever was fortunate enough to pick up the phone to answer your incredibly novel question.

So please, don't hold back, tell us all about it in this thread specifically made for all your sweet "I called them and they said this" stories. That way you don't need to start a new thread, after all, you just picked up a phone and got info from industry insiders all by yourself, you deserve a break!
Hannah said:
While possibly a good idea, the sarcasm and indirect flaming in the original post is not.

For my Canadian brothers and sisters - we should get it on the same day as the US. Individual stores and what not are still subject to unexpected shipping delays of course :)

Second thread:
Miral007 said:
Now with 99% less sarcasm!
Just post what store near you gets it when, try to refrain from fake postings.

The BestBuy here in Phoenix said they would have it Monday around noon, don't know how knowledgable the staff is though
Hannah said:
Thank you! :)

EB in British Columbia Canada tells me the 21st :)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Granted, I wouldn't have done the same thing as the moderator so yes, that was somewhat lame of her (here's hoping Hannah isn't a guy with a girl's name).

But why post a fricking thread about it here? Do remember: it is only lame to those who care.

Tintin

Arbiter
But why post a fricking thread about it here? Do remember: it is only lame to those who care.

Because he just registered and wants to make a good impression here the only way he knows how - make fun of Oblivion or Oblivion-related material.

Bolgard

Novice
Tintin said:

Because he just registered and wants to make a good impression here the only way he knows how - make fun of Oblivion or Oblivion-related material.

Hehe, pretty good. It's funny, the Elder Scrolls forums have a very high signal to noise ratio, it's true, but there's no shortage of lame posts here either. It's the nature of the forum beast.

Shaitan

Novice
Locue said:

I post about it here because I can't bitch about it there :P I can't even post in the second thread at all. Anything I post in that thread is deleted within a few minutes. I'm not posting here because I think any of you care, I'm posting here because it's nice to be able to make a post that will at least be read, whether the readers get any enjoyment out of it or not is not my concern.

Data4

Arcane
Shaitan said:
Locue said:

I post about it here because I can't bitch about it there :P I can't even post in the second thread at all. Anything I post in that thread is deleted within a few minutes. I'm not posting here because I think any of you care, I'm posting here because it's nice to be able to make a post that will at least be read, whether the readers get any enjoyment out of it or not is not my concern.

You could have at least posted it in the semi-official ESF bashing thread.

I mean, honestly, I simply can't understand why people say this place should be renamed "The Oblivion Codex" :roll:

-D4

Bolgard

Novice
Rew_Klip said:
These forums are no better.

Well, the one thing these forums having going for them is they don't suffer from the sheer volume of posts that the elder scrolls forums do. In the ES forums it's like drowning in a torrent of bullshit, whereas here it comes in drips. Different ecosystems.

dongle

Scholar
Shaitan said:
Listen; That thread was made with completely unoptimized settings, was made from a LOW End computer, and it has horrible compression artifacts. How can you possibly judge its quality, given all that? Plus, you need to read that thread for at LEAST 200+ hours for it's real qualities to shine through. This isn't some thread about Quake or something, this is some serious shit here. And look, it's got like 200 million views, how could a thread so popular be anything but great? I thought so! :nods: See you in Oblibion. . . .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom