Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chefe Reviews Oblivion

Cimmerian Nights

Liturgist
I think he's being facetious.

Anyway, we're not all haters here, and it's pretty ignorant to paint us all with the same brush just because of the reaction to one game.
Personally I have nothing but apathy for Oblivion - it's quite simply not an RPG. Am I elitist? Hell yeah, but I only have so many hours in a week to spend gaming and I'd rather not spend my time playing some masturbatory sand-box simulation.

OverrideB1

Scholar
Makus said:
OverrideB1 said:
The true definition of an RPG:
The thing that makes an RPG an RPG is the Role Playing aspect. If you can play a character that evolves in any way, you have an RPG. Also dungeons...you can't have an RPG without dungeons.
Sooo... You agree with that?

You want the short answer, or the long answer? Either way - I invite you to read the rest of my signature and ponder on it a bit. However, I'll give you a clue - 2 letters, starts with "N" and ends in "o"

Chefe

Erudite
Wow.

Anyways, I give Bethesda's install program a -1287913413412/10 because it employs Starforce and fucked up my computer. I had to spend all last night re-installing the fucking system. But I'm back and installing Oblivishit again.

Remember, I'm doing this all for your benefit.

wizard

Liturgist
Chefe said:
Wow.

Anyways, I give Bethesda's install program a -1287913413412/10 because it employs Starforce and fucked up my computer. I had to spend all last night re-installing the fucking system. But I'm back and installing Oblivishit again.

It has starforce? Alright then, I won't be playing the game ever then. I hate starforce that's why I won't install any shit that has starforce in them

Whipporowill

Erudite
wizard said:
Chefe said:
Wow.

It has starforce? Alright then, I won't be playing the game ever then. I hate starforce that's why I won't install any shit that has starforce in them

He's just bullshitting. There's no Starforce involved in Oblivion. Bad boy Chefe, shame on you!

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
Bethesda clearly stated that it won't use Starforce.
Chefe is on drugs as usual...

Chefe

Erudite
Bethesda has said alot of things, many of which turned out to be lies. Now, you're telling me that you're going to believe them on this?

DMKW

Novice
Chefe said:
Wow.

bluff

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
A Certain Unbiased Reviewer said:
Bethesda has said alot of things, many of which turned out to be lies. Now, you're telling me that you're going to believe them on this?
Heck no! Bring us the truth!

Rew_Klip

Novice
Or maybe Chefe does not even have the game yet, he might just be biding his time till it actually comes out. But that's just me. We will all see if he is saying the truth later on today.

El Dee

Scholar
Data4 said:
Should I be taking things more seriously here in the forums? Am I the one misinterpreting things? I laughed out loud when I read baby arm's post. Was I wrong?

God damn, I'm confused.

-D4
No you shouldn't. I think the best part of the codex is the satire, sarcasm, and sick humor. Some people just don't get it or are offended by it, and it seems that most of those people either assimilate or eventually move on to a diffrent forum.

I thinks it's hilarious that Chefe started this thread and has a lot of people actually believing that he is going to review the game.

Rew_Klip

Novice
:roll:

Ha-ha. Chefe very funny, Oblivion does not use Star Force. The Devs have said this many times. Since when have the OB Devs straight-out lied to us?

Klinn

Novice
Rew_Klip said:
Were the hell is Chefe? We are still waiting...
Agreed, this thread has been distressingly Chefe-free. When I read the title I was expecting some clever cartoons or at least Photoshop'ed screenshots. Sigh. I fell into the trap of over-hyped expectations again...

Rew_Klip

Novice
Klinn said:
Rew_Klip said:
Were the hell is Chefe? We are still waiting...
Agreed, this thread has been distressingly Chefe-free. When I read the title I was expecting some clever cartoons or at least Photoshop'ed screenshots. Sigh. I fell into the trap of over-hyped expectations again...
:lol:

Klinn

Novice
Pr()ZaC said:
Thier board doesn't work as it should today.
Care to quote?
Nothing too special in that thread, but for what's it worth:

RussianTheifGuild said:
Wow.

Anyways, I give Bethesda's install program a -1287913413412/10 because it employs Starforce and [censored] up my computer. I had to spend all last night re-installing the [censored] system. But I'm back and installing Oblivi[censored] again.

This quote is from the RPG Codex forums (go figure), and this guy (Chefe) claims he has the game. Whether we should believe him or not is up to you, I'll just wait for the evidence (of him having the game)

Anyway this guy claims that OB is using Star Force, I don't believe him and neither do many other Codexers.

What is your stance on this, do you believe him, and do you think that Beth has been lying to us about Star force all along? (I don't)

Let the speculation begin.

Last post in thread from a moderator:
Regulus said:
We aren't going to discuss the claims of trolls from other forums...that and it has been said at least a couple times that Oblivion won't be using that form of copy protection...

I just found it mildly amusing that an obvious gag post here would be reposted as something serious on the TES forums.

bryce777

Erudite
yipsl said:
Twinfalls said:
baby arm said:
But I just take it in stride, turn on some tunes, and keep on raping teenage boys.

But yeah, it's late so I'm taking off. Take it easy bro and stay strong.

AHAHAhahahahahaha

The fanboys at the official boards are often early teen kids who don't know any better, but they can grow up and can be educated in the lore and the series' history. Most of the RPG elitists here, and I tend towards RPG elitism; albeit while recognizing different subgenres, are closer to my age.

Anyone who still behaves so antisocially (even on the net) when they're that old, then they don't have social skills or maturity. Regarding game content, they come across as so ossified in their opinions that they won't like anything that they didn't like in their personal glory days. They might even be schizoid if they think that child rape jokes are funny, or worse if they make those kind of jokes.

dongle said:
Folks here have an underlying neurosis tainting their opinion of Oblivion. You offer them your condescending pity. This in a repose to Data4 pointing out that folks have different tastes and it's OK.

I say; wait a sec, saying differing options are OK, then calling folks emotionally disturbed for having them is just fuckwitted. I'm using the Ford analogy to continue Data4's thought.

Got it?

Some people here seem emotionally disturbed to me, and I was invited here quite awhile back, but didn't make this my primary RPG board because of content like that mentioned above.

I pity people like you. You 'grow up' and forget how to live. Next you will be telling us about how you watch touched by an angel. If you haven't figured out not to take like seriously by now, you have a second class mind. Get a life!

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
yipsl said:
Some people here seem emotionally disturbed to me, and I was invited here quite awhile back, but didn't make this my primary RPG board because of content like that mentioned above.

I find your sig most disturbing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom