Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

5Hitman: derpolution

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
that's a parody, right? this is not real. it is not.

it's not. it _can't_

Astral Rag

Arcane
that's a parody, right? this is not real. it is not.

it's not. it _can't_

w9y4d0.jpg

Stinger

Arcane
Yeesh, what an awful trailer.

Still...you guys remember that Blood Money's trailer involved 47 going around and killing a bunch of people including guards and innocents etc right?

Blood Money was pretty heavily advertised as a combatfest and Parchezzi was advertised as some big end game boss that the game was building up to. That couldn't have been more wrong.

I dunno, some part of me doesn't want to admit that Hitman has gone down the shitter.

chubs

Novice
Another rape of a perfectly good game series. What a bunch of fuckin cuntscabs.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

Stinger

Arcane
x-ray vision billed as 'heightened instincts'

But....but there's no map now?

Confirmed plot details include series protagonist Agent 47 assassinating his former International Contract Agency handler Diana Burnwood early in the game

Well...she did seemingly betray him at the end of Blood Money....?

ditching of jesper kyd from ost work and 47's longstanding VA guy

But....but........
:rage:

How do you screw things up this badly!

chubs

Novice
Diana revived him at the end of blood money via the antidote she applied on her lips iirc. Bateson wanted to continue doing the voice of 47, yet they replace him for some guy no one gives a fuck about.

Stinger

Arcane
Diana revived him at the end of blood money via the antidote she applied on her lips iirc. Bateson wanted to continue doing the voice of 47, yet they replace him for some guy no one gives a fuck about.

I know she did that, but does 47 know that considering he was in a coma? And that's a shitty move to Bateson.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
also I'm pretty sure Diana seemed to be back working as his handler but cheekily saying she didn't know where he was at the end of blood money before you saw him assassinate a man in a fancy brothel and then the curtains closing

that alludes to her giving him another job, business as usual etc

chubs

Novice

I know she did that, but does 47 know that considering he was in a coma? And that's a shitty move to Bateson.
There is a mission in the game where you apply this same poison to an agent that you are supposed to rescue to fake his death, so that he can later be revived via the antidote, so I assumed he figured it out after he awoke.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
47 - Diana romance

in a stunning twist it shall be revealed that diana is the highest ranking hitwoman in the international stealth circles

Hitman VI: Double Agents

play as either 47 or Diana

completing missions as 47 unlocks weapons and weapon mods
completing missions as diana allows you to unlock different outfits with abilities

http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/672054#search=Agent_47
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/683292#search=Agent_47

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Lost (TV series)
Naomi Dorrit

:( ...What a crock of shit. Why do they spend their budget on these overpriced actors.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Confirmed plot details include series protagonist Agent 47 assassinating his former International Contract Agency handler Diana Burnwood early in the game

They could have smeared an even greater volume of shit on the series had they written a 47 - Diana romance instead. Not that it will matter much.
What are the chances of the assassination mission not ending with Diana revealing the TRUE CONSPIRACY, with the rest of the game focused on her and 47's blossoming relationship as they discover that they can trust and depend on nobody but each other?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That trailer was truly cringe worthy. And I was completely wasted when I watched it and couldn't figure out if it was real or if I was set up with some adulterated shit.

And Diana is a nig? FFS.

Stinger

Arcane
So are these guys at least the same people who made the original Hitman games? Is there at least some reason to hope there might be great level design and multipath approaches amidst all the bullshit?

Sacculina

Educated
Rock Paper Shotgun said:
[The trailer] is “an action-packed thrill ride, reflecting the very special vibe and atmosphere you can expect in HITMAN: ABSOLUTION™ when it launches globally on November 20,” according to the press release.

Words fail me.

And Diana is a nig?

Unlikely.

Sacculina

Educated

Stinger

Arcane
So are these guys at least the same people who made the original Hitman games? Is there at least some reason to hope there might be great level design and multipath approaches amidst all the bullshit?

I heard that the most of the team that worked on Bloodmoney had already left when Absolution was announced.

Edit:

Sorta confirmed: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24132679&postcount=105. So yeah, I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

Oh.....fuck me. Why was I optimistic about this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom