Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

5Hitman: derpolution

Sacculina

Educated
This is what the original Hitman team is working on:

RPGMaster

Savant
If a white person voiced a black character the PC brigade would be up in arms.

Sacculina

Educated
So we should pre-emptively whine about a black person voicing a white character?

5hitman's got more than enough derp to bitch about without bringing that shit up.

You can't judge the game from the trailer alone. I bet that even the PS:T trailer was actiony and silly.
And those nuns probably only show up in some mission or something.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So we should pre-emptively whine about a black person voicing a white character?

5hitman's got more than enough derp to bitch about without bringing that shit up.

It's not really whining, more like 'why the fuck would they do that?'

Like if you start playing San Andreas and you realize CJ is voiced by, I don't know, Jay Leno.

Sacculina

Educated
It's not really whining, more like 'why the fuck would they do that?'

Well, I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post. But having said that, remember this guy?

800px-FO01_NPC_Decker_N.png

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Lost (TV series)
Naomi Dorrit

:( ...What a crock of shit. Why do they spend their budget on these overpriced actors.

It genuinely pisses me off. Devs/publishers don't seem to get that investing vidyagaem monies in an actor isn't like doing so in film & tv.
Strangest part is that I don't even notice it. I am either skipping the lines or shutting my mind off when people talk, only to realize a celebrity was voicing all those people. It just doesn't even register, like it didn't in GTA 4.

Sacculina

Educated
Hello Jeniffer Hepler. We understand you are a spokesman for the downtrodden, but please go back to Bioware central and write more gay sex scenes instead of poluting out racial purity. Metaphorical racial purity of people who actually like to play RPGs and not just people who like to bullshit.

It would save us both a lot of grief if you would just add me to the illustrious company in your phenomenal ignore list.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Ohwow, it's even more :retarded: than the trailer. Borderhouse going mainstream?

Let’s be clear here: the problem is not that Agent 47 is graphically murdering a group of women, though that’s pretty nasty. It’s that it fetishizes the violence and sexualises the women, drawing a clear line between sex and graphic violence that makes the trailer really distressing to watch, and leaves you questioning who the hell it’s designed to appeal to.
Let’s break this down. The women in this trailer – let’s call them female assassins, for want of better information – are objectified from almost the first shot in which we see them. The typical innocence/sin imagery of a naughty nun is warped here to extreme proportions, providing a kind of obscene justification for the violence; as if, because they look like they do, they probably deserve to get taught a lesson, the slutty whores.
Author:

345219668-1308073108.jpg

:eek:

TLDR: It's OK when bunch of women get murdered, but they must wear burqa first :smug:

Stinger

Arcane
I hate that the author spends far too long going into the potential gender and sex issues of the trailer and only has one lousy paragraph on the fact that none of that shit is even remotely reflective of what Hitman is supposed to be.

Fucking RPGs and open combat. Fuck you IO.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
More worried that they're supposed to be nuns (?!), rather than a group of ladies of the night.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
More worried that they're supposed to be nuns (?!), rather than a group of ladies of the night.

when you're a contract mercenary group you can wear whatever the hell you want

also I'm pretty sure the black nun was added in at the last minute, made the leader and given the weapon with the most boom AND left fighting until the end for maximum PCness

circ

Arcane
Ohwow, it's even more :retarded: than the trailer. Borderhouse going mainstream?

Let’s be clear here: the problem is not that Agent 47 is graphically murdering a group of women, though that’s pretty nasty. It’s that it fetishizes the violence and sexualises the women, drawing a clear line between sex and graphic violence that makes the trailer really distressing to watch, and leaves you questioning who the hell it’s designed to appeal to.
Let’s break this down. The women in this trailer – let’s call them female assassins, for want of better information – are objectified from almost the first shot in which we see them. The typical innocence/sin imagery of a naughty nun is warped here to extreme proportions, providing a kind of obscene justification for the violence; as if, because they look like they do, they probably deserve to get taught a lesson, the slutty whores.
Author:

345219668-1308073108.jpg

:eek:

TLDR: It's OK when bunch of women get murdered, but they must wear burqa first :smug:
HOT BITCHES IN SHINY TIGHT OUTFITS = BAD

HOT MUSCLED MEN WITHOUT SHIRTS = I'M OK WITH THAT?

Why aren't there any articles like that like, ever, IGN?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
SO basically this game is so fucking shit, they have to use sex to sell it, because the game is pure crap?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom