Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I got my oblivion copy! haha fuckers!

kris

Arcane
Rew_Klip said:
Chefe said:
Screenshot some naked elf chicks.

If they still have the brown underwear, I'm not buying this title.
:lol:
I thought you already bought it.

Dear God!

Excalibur, post something positive that isn't graphics about the game.

The map looked nice. Is that a collectors edition only?

Excalibur

Liturgist
the game has at some intervals before the loading screen kicks in for "loading area" the far mouatin textures look like 640x480, then they sudenly go nice, it almost looks like a graphics darw error, but i dont know

ANDS!

Novice
You hav to change INI files for print screen to work. Right click it and open and change screenshot option to 1.

Venom

Scholar
Shagnak said:
Coincides with the release of the Shitbox 360, you see. (Yeah, we don't even have that yet)
Well thank God for my shitbox 360! The game runs perfectly with the framerate staying constant 99 percent of the time. LOD is amazing, textures are great.

My friend's uber ninja PC has trouble playing it though, real crappy textures...think it's an install glitch.

Anyway, the game is damn fun. Combat is like that game Condemned, which I like. Nothing too RPG about it, it feels more like Zelda.

NPCs are pretty great. The lypsinc is spot on. The dialogue is better then Morrowind. Same way of doing things, when you hear of a subject it appears in the NPCs dialogue list, but at least they don't all say the same thing unlike Morrowind...some know others don't....Much better.

Joined the thief's guild by picking up on some obscure Metal Gear Solid reference...I didn't even steal anything, which shows that there must be many ways to enter a guild.

My first quest went horribly...I screwed up big time but I managed to steal that damned diary back from that *****! Hehehehe. It's great to see that alot more effort went into the quests then Morrowind.

But the loadings are pretty long! Arrrgh! And the inventory system is pretty shitty!

merry andrew

Erudite
After reading over the tech feedback on the ES forums, I'm pretty sure my system can't run it. All this waiting and now I get a refund. Wheee!

El Dee

Scholar
Venom said:
But the loadings are pretty long! Arrrgh! And the inventory system is pretty shitty!
I have the game for PC and I don't have a problem with load times. Are you talking about the load times in the cities when you move between areas or enter/exit buildings? That's the only time I get a load screen, on the other hand when I'm outside the cities a message pops up at the bottom of the screen from time to time: 'Loading Area", but there is no pause in gameplay when this happens.

I agree with you about the inventory system- it could've been done much better.

Venom

Scholar
In the wilderness, the loading is pretty nonexistent...a small message that says loading and it doesn't even stop the game.

In the dungeons.....a few seconds.

In the towns....LOADING!

And damn is the dialogue better...actual NPCs with personality....And you can answers their questions...Which is a huge step-up from Morrowind.

sanibonani

Novice
For those who want to get their paws on this game quickly...

Direct2Drive seems to be the way. I know this will not suit everyone, but for those really hungry it's a good solution, and all you miss out on is the box. Now, Direct2Drive usually blocks anyone registered outside the US, but there's the clue - you REGISTER and PAY separately. If you register as a US user, you can still put in credit card details from wherever you live and it still seems to work. I do not think this is illegal, as I am certainly not trying to avoid paying - just circumventing artificial restrictions.

My download is at 40% right now, so I cannot promise that I wont hit a snag later, but honestly I doubt it. You pays your money you takes your chance - I'll let you know how it turns out for me if you're interested.

sanibonani

Novice
Yes, it is a huge download - about 4 hours on my 2mb line. But that's far better than Friday, and UK suppliers aren't even guaranteeing that.

And to be clear, I'm still paying for it - I'm not trying to con them, it's just that their system doesn't check your location when you put your payment address in, it only checks when you first register. So my payment still went through, it just avoided their system telling me, "Sorry, this is only available to people in the US."

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
But then you have to depend on D2D's good will concerning patches, right? I think you won't be able to use the standard patches made by Bethesda.

sanibonani

Novice
That's a fair point, and could even cause complications with mods. As your test canary, i'll let you know if I suffer from delayed patches, incompatable mods etc.

sanibonani

Novice
Well, I've just emerged from the first dungeon. It's pretty sweet so far - interior graphics are superb, spells feel good, and sneaking around in the shadows offing goblins with arrows is excellent fun. The melee combat is nothing special, but it certainly has improved on Morrowind - it's still just hack dodge hack though. Havok physics add to the game, much like HL2, it's good to kill enemies by rolling stuff down on top of them. The exterior graphics are not all that impressive, but can be greatly improved on the PC version by applying the tweaks in this thread: http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... 73834&st=0

The D2D download worked OK until it came time to 'activate' it, at which point it squealed about my location. Rather than hunt around for a US proxy to fool it, I just applied the no-cd patch and replaced their loader with the proper exe. Works perfectly - D2D don't seem to interfere with any files but the main executable. I usually apply no-cd patches to rid myself of copy protection problems anyway (starforce and friends).

So far so good.

:D

gromit

Arcane
Ha ha ha, those hills look like shit. Seems like another "oops, we shipped with the wrong INIs" to me... why not at least make those tweaks standard options? It shouldn't take collaborative research on delving into arcane variables to get at least a -little- consistency between the top and bottom halves of the screen.

That aside, in a day or two I'm still going to disappear of the face of the net through the weekend for, uhm, completely unrelated reasons. Yeah, that's it. No Oblivion here.

kris

Arcane
Venom said:
And damn is the dialogue better...actual NPCs with personality....And you can answers their questions...Which is a huge step-up from Morrowind.

sounds promising. The gamekiller (for me) in morrowind may be improved.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Dialogs dialogs, tell us about the dialogs.

MAke screeniies

Show models! Naked models, I want to see how well limbs are composed.

CMON WERE WAITING

And ive seen that old turtle hag, called "emperor" already...

obi14fr2pj4ig.jpg

roffle

Novice
Pr()ZaC said:
You're a disgrace to piracy.
HALT!

Shut the fuck you, you little piece of shit script kiddy, bet you're feeling good downloading t3h t0rr3nts omfg. Step up to the fucking plate and post your fucking IP here why don't you...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I must've missed when pirating software equated to being a l33t Haxx0r OMG OMG OMG.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
roffle said:
Pr()ZaC said:
HALT!

Shut the fuck you, you little piece of shit script kiddy, bet you're feeling good downloading t3h t0rr3nts omfg. Step up to the fucking plate and post your fucking IP here why don't you...
This is the funniest thing ever posted on the Codex.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
roffle said:
Pr()ZaC said:
HALT!

192.168.1.1 TRY TO OWN ME NOW FUCKHEAD MOTHERSHITTER>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom