Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Origin Weekend Sale on GOG: Ultima & Wing Commander 50% Off

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: GOG; Origin Systems; Ultima

This weekend, all Ultima games are 50% off on GOG.com. That includes:
Each and every one of those is only $2.99. So if you've been meaning to give any of them a try, now is the perfect time to.

On top of that, the Wing Commander games are also on sale for $2.99. Great games as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Warning: WC1, WC2 and WC3 are not the newer Kilrathi Saga versions which were released in the mid-90's. More importantly, WC1, WC2 and Privateer do not include their expansion packs!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Do the Kilrathi Saga change anything to WC3? From what I heard, the changes affect mostly the first 2 games.

Morkar Left

I'm thinking about buying WC3 because the original discs are hard to run nowadays (and I'm planning to combine it with my German edition if possible). Does anybody know how easy it is to install the gog-version?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bought everything except WC1+2+3+Privateer. GOG can call me when they get their shit together for those. :rpgcodex:

Do the Kilrathi Saga change anything to WC3? From what I heard, the changes affect mostly the first 2 games.

It changes some sound effects stuff, I think. Looking it up...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I actually stopped playing the WC series after 2. Not intentionally, just never got around to buying and playing WC3 so I might pick that up. Ultima 7 complete for $3 is crazy.

Morkar Left

I actually stopped playing the WC series after 2. Not intentionally, just never got around to buying and playing WC3.

That's exactly the reason I got WC3 from ebay just to read that it is incredible difficult to get it to run. I had no time to try it out (to busy playing I-War 1+2) but if gog offers an effortless way to get it to run I'm all for it. It's just that gog is sometimes a bit sloppy with compatibility.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The main changes I'm seeing for WC3 KS edition are remastered digital music and improved joystick support. There are also some bug fixes.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
GOG can call me when they get their shit together for those.

EA decides on what games are sold on GOG. There is nothing GOG can do. And BioWare Mythic were the once who specifically worked on getting these titles on GOG (the Ultimas and WC).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

EA decides on what games are sold on GOG. There is nothing GOG can do. And BioWare Mythic were the once who specifically worked on getting these titles on GOG (the Ultimas and WC).

Not quite.

When asked, people at EA/Mythic claim they've given full permission to GOG to sell the expansions. GOG are holding it up at their end for some reason. Something about their lawyers being unsure as to how ironclad their deal with EA is with regard to selling them.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
The main changes I'm seeing for WC3 KS edition are remastered digital music and improved joystick support. There are also some bug fixes.

Thanks for looking it up.

Guess I'll start on Ultima after I finish the frst 3 Wizardry.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

Not quite.

When asked, people at EA/Mythic claim they've given full permission to GOG to sell the expansions. GOG are holding it up at their end for some reason. Something about their lawyers being unsure as to how ironclad their deal with EA is with regard to selling them.
EA trying to fuck them over? Well, at least they are cautious when dealing with the devil.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Not quite.

Where specifically are you getting this information from?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Not quite.

http://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/threads/where-are-the-addons-august-27-2011.25590/

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Not quite.

The WCNews guys, who have insider connections with EA/Mythic.

EDIT: See here http://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/threads/where-are-the-addons-august-27-2011.25590/

Allrighty then thanks.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
At least if they ever get released, they'll just add them for people who already bought them. Maybe they even planned that from the very start to gain popularity points. "You added stuff, and for free? Let me fellate you, my Potato Overlord!"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
At least if they ever get released, they'll just add them for people who already bought them. Maybe they even planned that from the very start to gain popularity points. "You added stuff, and for free? Let me fellate you, my Potato Overlord!"

They probably will, but I doubt they'll ever offer the Kilrathi Saga editions.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Well, yeah, so you kill'em. I had that issue, but yeah I finished the game no problems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom