Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spec Ops: The Line - Heart of Darkness with guns

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Hey hey hey, I didn't try Diablo III either, so kindly leave my monocle alone. Play the game man, not everything has to be an RPG.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
I don't have access to my archives, but I always thought he was one of the few reviewers to actually rag on mediocre AAA games instead of slurping that shit up. I guess there's always his contempt for RPGs and a fetish for all things sandbox related, but hey, at least he's honest about it. Plus he seems like a pretty well developed sociopath.:obviously:

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
I enjoyed it.

Some of the scenery was amazing but like someone said earlier would have been even more amazing on Cryengine.

Game is very atmospheric and story is pretty good.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well... Fuck me. I listened to a yhatzee review (GASP!) and it actually made me feel like giving a console popamole shooter a chance (DOUBLE GASP!)

a budda

Arbiter
great popamole shooter
the end is nigh...

seriously, try it
starts slowly but when it gets going it does
6h

Drakron

Arcane
Well its not a good FPS mechanics wise (its same old with the Sand thrown in), it does however pull a very odd and good (yes, good) story.

Well its not a good FPS mechanics wise

Enough calling third person shooters "FPS", seriously. Get your fucking letters right. Sorry Drakon, this isn't directed at you alone, I just got tired of it. Every once in a while someone has to call third person shooter "FPS" and apparently it hurts my butt.
I'm trying to play through this (chapter 4 I think) but I can't sit in front of it for more than 30 mins so it might take a while. I find gameplay to be incredibly bland so far.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well its not a good FPS mechanics wise (its same old with the Sand thrown in), it does however pull a very odd and good (yes, good) story.

It's a shooter with a shitty gameplay! But guise there's a good story in a shooter :lol:

Playing a shooter for a story (zomg you gotta shoot all those guys they are bad - DEEP) :lol:

Codex never fails to deliver

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
You know, if one would follow your argument to the letter, then you could be equally baffled as to why people read books for a plot when the syntax is all that matters. As much as I hate this buzzword, but gaming is evolving as an artform. Ugh.

praetor

Arcane
^seriously flawed analogy. the plot is the key element of a book, just like the motherfucking gameplay is the key element of a game. you cannot have a good game without good gameplay. sure, it may have a cool story or a nice engine or great voice acting, but if the gameplay is shit it's still a shitty game. unless you're one of the idiots that considers Dear Esther a work of art...

a budda

Arbiter
^
think sb mentioned this already: pst has crap for gameplay... oh well

praetor

Arcane
^
think sb mentioned this already: pst has crap for gameplay... oh well

it's not exactly crap, but the combat is kinda sub-par (as it is in FO1/2 and plenty other codex favourites). the LoK series is another one with fantastic storytelling but not quite great gamplay (except for the first SR). then KotOR2, MotB and so on and so forth... but all of them have a decent, solid foundation of gameplay. this is, gameplay-wise, pure shit, i.e. everything that's wrong with modern shooters. the story is literally the only thing that saves this from being an irredeemable turd

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
God same enemies over and over and really stupid AI makes combat pretty shit and repetitive,i could say this for most of the games of the genre of course but still i finished it on easy mode just to see it's story so this game was worth my time in end.

Unwanted

Unwanted
Still waiting for a massive price cut - binary domain burned me.

betamin

Learned
Played this because of the thread and I really liked it, almost quit after chapter 5 because the combat was kinda boring but the story carried it through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom