Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your Oblivion screenshots

Nog Robbin

Scholar
Kendar said:

Jesus fucking Christ. What the fuck is up with that bitches face? Has she been eating the plutonium again? :shock:

Micmu

Magister
radiantshit.jpg

Radiant in action!
I bet Piranha guys are laughing.

Kendar

Novice
In exterior, the HDR completely messes up with the skin colour of my char, since I purposely made her very white and pale (not to mention old). In interior, and dongeons in general, it works perfectly.

suibhne

Erudite
On top of experiencing a profound identity crisis, she appears to have the plague.

Solik

Scholar
Do your characters actually look like that in-game, Drain? That's really messed up. I'm seeing a lot more attractive characters (and I've met her specifically). Did you cut the jpg quality way down?

suibhne

Erudite
Solik said:
Do your characters actually look like that in-game, Drain? That's really messed up. I'm seeing a lot more attractive characters (and I've met her specifically). Did you cut the jpg quality way down?

I've seen quite a few characters who look great and quite a few who look just as bad as that. Fwiw, I have self-shadowing and HDR turned off.

Solik

Scholar
Hmm. Well, someone released a higher-quality set of face textures on the mod forum. I applied it and everyone was instantly better-looking. They weren't as bad as that right there before, though. Still, it might be worth looking into.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Y'know, I really really like the orc chick on the first page. Looks really boneable. I mean, I'd bang her so hard she'd beg for it to never end. God damn. Candlewax.

Drain

Scholar
Solik said:
I run it at the minimum settings + 640x480 + this image is compressed (default Paint compression) + she is a victim of poor facegen aging algorithm.

Rulion

Liturgist
Solik said:
Hmm. Well, someone released a higher-quality set of face textures on the mod forum. I applied it and everyone was instantly better-looking. They weren't as bad as that right there before, though. Still, it might be worth looking into.
Do you have a link to this?

Relien

Scholar
Solik said:

Is this it?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Some of the most erodingly radiant bit's I've captured so far.

Phenomenon that common codexer would be rather concerned about most times - horsie pr0n.

Official confiramtion disaproving ridiculous rumours about horses having genitals. As well as boobies.

Aaaw, awent they sweet wittle things..

..unfortunately those cruel and evil imperial guards lack any sypmhaty for those poor creatures..

..ANIMAL HATER :evil: ... that's why he died eventually. Sad I didn't capture that sweet moment of justice.

Anyway...

Looks like kinda of a bit form Kurosawa's movie.

Too much ale for today eh..

..at least there's always a cousy sack to sleep off the... well, it's optional of course. To roleplay, you know.

Nice tights. :cool:

Kinda melodramatic and.. epic, don't you think?

Dedicated to Naked_Lunch.

And finally some modern art for all you elistist pricks. :twisted:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Hez-hezron said:
Here is one from me. I got that after every 5 minutes of playing. Nice, huh?

From a brief skim of the Unofficial Official Hardware & Technical Issues FAQ, you should do the following:

1. Turn off your video card's Write Combining (found in your display properties).
2. Bump your AGP Aperture Size to its maximum (this is found in your BIOS).
3. Install the February 2006 version of DX9 (MS features a redistributable on their site).
4. Unplug any and all USB controllers you may have turned on if you're using mouse and keyboard.
5. Make sure your Fast Writes are enabled (found in your BIOS as well).
6. If you're using an NVIDIA card, download and merge CoolBits 2.0 and set your Max Frames To Render Ahead to "0" (found under the Performance & Quality tab in your NVIDIA Control Panel).
7. Be 100% sure you don't have your Oblivion.INI set to "Read-Only", as this causes the game to crash whenever it has to access it during gameplay.
8. Finally, there have been numerous reports of conflicts with Creative drivers. Download the Oblivion INI Tweaker (you can download it from www.tessource.net/files, but you need to register), and put a checkmark on "Turn off Hardware-Accelerated Sound". This will disable 3D sound positioning and EAX effects but many have reported that it fixed their sound-related stutters, hiccups and crashes.

Xi

Arcane
Hez-hezron said:
Here is one from me. I got that after every 5 minutes of playing. Nice, huh?

The game is in dire need of a patch. Everyone is having this issue. The Bethesda Crash Blues are nothing new though. It doesn't happen to me as frequently, but I do see that every few hours, or sometimes it happens a few times in a row. Really annoying.

Rulion

Liturgist
Everyone? I haven't gotten it once. Neither has any of the three people that usually play at the same time as me, and we're all level 20 or slightly higher.

Hez-hezron

Novice
aweigh said:
From a brief skim of the Unofficial Official Hardware & Technical Issues FAQ, you should do the following:

1. Turn off your video card's Write Combining (found in your display properties).

I found some other forums where people say it's because of video codecs. As soon as they uninstalled all of them (especially PowerDVD with its codecs) game works fine. I wonder what system they were testing Oblivion on (they were testing it, right?).
I think I'm gonna wait for the patch.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Gnidrologist said:

Official confiramtion disaproving ridiculous rumours about horses having genitals. As well as boobies.
So where is HorseHelper when he is needed? I still miss the guy. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom