Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underworld Gold Trailer

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
8th build, sadly. I would've prefered getting it right the first time but then one's gotta learn. But, I & the artists have also been working on the sequel as well, which has a title screen (and therefore a title) gui, environments, monsters, 2 new classes & a few cutscenes. Also UW has changed a lot more than the trailer shows with new NPCs, half a dozen new maps (3 entirely new, others are redesigns), new mechanics, monsters...

About the same time I release UW I'll introduce the sequel. A full outdoor world to build with the power of my mind's eye. That's the best part :)

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Bleed now requires stealth, which is a nerf in itself. Also it does a bit less damage than previously.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Charles-cgr What's the combat style/ mechanics for this game?

Combat style is MM2 with enhancements. Turn-based, heavily text based but with the logical compensation, more tactical depth than a real time system can offer. There's a brief introduction in the trailer (0:07 - 0:12) to which you need to add the spells and tactical options (both for the enemy AI and the player party) to get a real grasp.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Charles-cgr What's the combat style/ mechanics for this game?

Combat style is MM2 with enhancements. Turn-based, heavily text based but with the logical compensation, more tactical depth than a real time system can offer. There's a brief introduction in the trailer (0:07 - 0:12) to which you need to add the spells and tactical options (both for the enemy AI and the player party) to get a real grasp.
That's all I needed to read. You have a sale when this is released. :salute:

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Have you approached GOG or STEAM to put this on there Charles-cgr ?

Oops almost missed that.

My first approach with Gog dates back to february and was turned down because they were swamped (or so they told me). Now that Grimrock and co have been released I'll try again when I have a reliable demo & beta (hopefully this week-end). I haven't tried Steam yet but the plan is the same & will unfold in the coming days.

Hopefully everything can be sorted out for a September release. Of course if everyone turns it down it could be a lot quicker.

Flatlander

Liturgist
Any chance to ever get this thing running on Android devices? It's made with Gamemaker right? ISTR they have some kind of an tablet support... with the recent facelift it might actually do quite well in that space.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
I haven't much looked into the latest version of GM yet. But I know I'll need to recode from scratch (lots of copy & paste + some recoding actually) for it to work on Mac, iOS, HTML5 & Android. I'll be working on that alongside the sequel. I did it for Mac with GM4Mac and it didn't work so I won't be focusing all my resources on cross-platform. So I really can't say when, or even if I'll end up with a cross-platform version. I'd love it though.

Repressed Homosexual
He put Underworld on Gamersgate, though I don't see the point. He'll probably make money money by selling the game himself. Even though it's on Gamersgate, it's always remained in complete obscurity.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
I'll get them to at least update the file for previous GG customers to be able to upgrade. Maybe they'll deem it worthy of a tweet this time... Possibly more! HHR is right though one year on GG got me about 20 sales, but in all fairness it probably isn't all GG's fault :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom