Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

racofer

Thread Incliner
Also, got inspired by Racofer's trolling and got some nice graphics mods & texture packs for Skyrim. :P

B01E47470448F1FAFA7CB15C5DA3C85883BC2CD0
Good man!

:bro:

Peter

Arcane
Don't want to sound like a graphicswhore, but why do you use 16 bit mode?

:oops:

Cause DDfix didn't quite want to work for me and I'm too lazy to figure out why and wanted to just play the game.

It looks worse in the screenshots than it does in-game. I barely notice it while playing, tbh.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Reusable flasks- best thing since sliced bread
grimrock2012-07-2509-54-08-55.jpg

Crotch Crow hits you for 9 points of smell my balls damage
grimrock2012-07-2609-44-20-58.jpg

Wait, am I still in the same game?
grimrock2012-07-2609-56-51-65.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
Those screaming/vampiric heads are fucking terrifying.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Trying out some Scumm games on DS.
I managed to even get Full Throttle to run smoothly using the 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. But still I can't manage to play them on the DS knowing I can play then on a 21 inch monitor...

Nice, I don't really mind the small screens when I'm away from my PC. I was about to try out Full Throttle and The Dig but unfortunately I don't have the necessary "external RAM pack".
Have you tried running Dosbox on your DS?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Isn't the small touchscreen a huge hindrance ?

Anyway, I have considered doing the same thing, but the one thing that pulls me out of it is the fact that taking notes is mandatory in those kind of games. I guess a netbook is a good compromise.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Isn't the small touchscreen a huge hindrance ?

Anyway, I have considered doing the same thing, but the one thing that pulls me out of it is the fact that taking notes is mandatory in those kind of games. I guess a netbook is a good compromise.

It's not that much of a hindrance IMO but it does depend on the games you play and how well you already know them, I wouldn't attempt to play an adventure game for the first time on this device. If you run ScummVM the upper screen shows a "zoomed in" image of the area around the cursor.

DSx86 emulates a 286 and uses the lower screen as a touchpad but it also has the ability to "skip" between executables and files without having to type.

Anyway part of the enjoyment comes from figuring out how to get these games running but a portable is of course a much better choice.

http://dsx86compatibility.pbworks.com/w/page/26738915/Compatibility List

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#whichgames

Renegen

Arcane
I was underleveled and took 40 minutes to beat this boss using Ashe manually as a support character. What an epic fight that was, and then I parleyed his reward into more boss rewards and broke the whole game difficulty.

Bahamut

Arcane
I was underleveled and took 40 minutes to beat this boss using Ashe manually as a support character. What an epic fight that was, and then I parleyed his reward into more boss rewards and broke the whole game difficulty.

Game can be easily abused because you can get imba gear early if you do some sidestuff

currently i have the infamous Zodiac Spear, gave it to Bash and cast bravery+berserk on him, he is an one man rape squad.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
FDjmA.jpg

That's one long and helpful fishing pole.

f1EGF.jpg

Mindreading a little.

L0vRq.jpg

The spaceport.

hHqaG.jpg

Using the useless spaceport's radar.

Multi-headed Cow

Borderlands 2 made me look at my Borderlands 1 screenshots, which consists of... Only this!

1C3BC4D2EC7ADF0A43DA5C56138CC48BB253DB27

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Continuing to unravel the monstrous conspiracy...

qN65b.png

7ux5P.png

There is a lot of screaming in this game...

d3Dyy.png

Ancient languages...

nSNZM.png

Die, eternal horror...

qg8EC.png

FnVsS.png

The soppy ending, with the happy gratitude of the villagers, doesn't fit in with the rest of the game and is unlovecraftian...

gCvos.png

2NpBC.png

----

Now, the next game in this stream of Horrors... I have set out to play every Lovecraft-inspired classic in existence....!

zkzaz.png

7VERZ.png

AUCcr.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom