Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your path to greatness, obscurity or death. A multiple choice LP

m4davis

Scholar
A

Baltika9

Arcane
Etiquette skill check, is offering your hand to a general in this culture a good idea?

And I'm voting A.

Curufinwe

Learned
B. Exactly the same as A, cold facts is the way to go, but mention Kyoss' father's name (Peter of Tulik). Just a hunch, really.

Baltika9

Arcane
+1 to mentioning our father's name. I don't think we need a separate vote for that.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
B, great idea about mentioning Tulik, but maybe just "Kyoss of Tulik" though? Tulik is a small village and if he suspected knowing our father he would mention it himself I think. "I am Kyoss of Tulik, Son of Peter" might be a bit too much. :M

edit: +1 to a good firm handshake, unless our etiquette tells us otherwise. Montys right, you wait for a handshake to be offered when meeting with a man of such magnitude I think.

Awesome update as well btw :salute: we live in exciting times it seems. Will probably be covered in other updates but id like to know more about this castle.

Monty

Arcane
Agree with Hoodoo, although I very much doubt that this general goes around shaking hands with the lower ranks (and he didn't with Irene who he knows), let's keep it formal and to the point.

Vernydar

Learned
Awesome update as well btw :salute: we live in exciting times it seems. Will probably be covered in other updates but id like to know more about this castle.

Well, as Irene said, you have three tasks, and you will have to formulate a plan. Depending on that, this mission could be quite long indeed :cool:

Oh, and I remember at the start of the lp when many wanted to go all political. Well, you're now in a position to make a good impression on important people.

Though perhaps you should concentrate on surviving and saving your kingdom instead. FUN times are ahead, as I'm sure you noticed :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
FUN times are ahead, as I'm sure you noticed :lol:

"May you live in interesting times." "May you come to the attention of important people." "May your wishes be granted."
Check, check and, insofar, check. This isn't good.

m4davis

Scholar
Well I see no ruins that could be or a castle named Nainys in the south of the kingdoms map they must really want people to think theres absolutely nothing here. Note this isn't me trying to make it a vote just me speculating.

Curufinwe

Learned
Speculating, it's probably a great fortress of the ancient realm that was here, with Avarlos as capital. Don't think our current kingdom has the resources to build something like this.
What I'm worried about is the location and, more importantly, why are they suddenly manning the place.
It does lend credence to my underground enemy theory. If those guys came from our borders there would be no real reason to man this place in the middle of nowhere. It's also literally smack in the middle of our kingdom.
Interesting times ahead. And this is why I voted B in the assignment update, since I was expecting interesting times soon.

Vernydar

Learned
It's not really appropriate unless he offers first. He is, after all, a very important person, and Kyoss is a nameless young hopeful for now. He may later on if you make a good impression though ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom