Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Awesome game dev recruiting video

titus

Arcane
Patron

Too bad their (current) games are shit.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That reminds me of Fargo's W2 kickstarter video where he was interviewed by several retarded publishers.

Also, I'd work for that old guy with the suit.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, they're a facebook game dev company.

Haha.

When your grandkids ask you what kinds of games you made you'll hang your head in shame.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
NG94l.jpg

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Nothing wrong with Facebook games. I'd make them if the dev studio was a fun, casual and open environment with good people. That's way more important than anything else. Besides, they seem to make some fairly bro-approved Facebook games. Lots of strategy titles, etc.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
When my grandkids asks me what kind of games I made, I'll tell them I made software for handling measurements of nuclear waste, diagnostics software for 20 year old oil pumps and database design for mobile calendar applications they never heard of. And I had a blast doing it. 95% of the enjoyment comes from code itself, not what the end product does.

If a facebook game company offered me a competitive salary and the workplace/colleagues were decent, I'd have no qualms programming for them provided I didn't have to play the end products myself.

That said, video in OP is retarded.

AngryKobold

Arcane
Too bad the most of small game development studios are just like that: fecebook, HTML5, Flash. Java, if you're lucky. Games? The simplest, retarded games, cloned and refactorized one after another. Everything adjusted for websites and mobile devices. Because why bother with anything more.
Time passes and studio disappears, leaving to the world nothing valuable. Except an interesting entry to the CV of former hirelings.

That reminds me of Fargo's W2 kickstarter video where he was interviewed by several retarded publishers.
Any link? I thought there was only a text interview with Fargo himself about the matter.

Destroid

Arcane
When my grandkids asks me what kind of games I made, I'll tell them I made software for handling measurements of nuclear waste, diagnostics software for 20 year old oil pumps and database design for mobile calendar applications they never heard of. And I had a blast doing it. 95% of the enjoyment comes from code itself, not what the end product does.

If a facebook game company offered me a competitive salary and the workplace/colleagues were decent, I'd have no qualms programming for them provided I didn't have to play the end products myself.

Sure, I mean if you aren't involved in the design, what difference does it make.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
They should stop making games and become an advertising company instead.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So, the purpose of the video was to teach us that game companies are run by rich, spoiled kids; decreptic old farts, boring nerds or EXXXTREME douches who thing they are cool?

:troll:

titus

Arcane
Patron

Yep, the problem lies within the people who play those games, not the people who make them. Making that crap? sure, the market needs providers. It's just how business works.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
At least they got Zynga correctly parodied.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom