Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

m4davis

Scholar
B

newcomer

Learned
B

And I thought Ean would be the Theseus :(
Nevermind, Sekhenum is hot enough to compensate the Minos daughters

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Let Theseus kill Minos' gieloth-spawned minotaur. We're here to work with Sekhenun. Time to get something out of our arrangement. I still want to learn A LOT more about Gieloth! And our Masters. And... well, you get the idea! This all means a solid B.

ScubaV

Prophet
B

After what happened with Aphrodite I'd rather get our powers back before we start meddling again.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Chapter 4.5: The Love Potion

"Have you found out anything about the artifact?"

Sekhenun greets you by getting straight down to business. You shake your head. She gives you a slight, smile, as if she had scored a slight victory over you.

"It looks like I'm the one who has to do all the thinking around here, then? Very well, here's what we... no, here's what I know about the artifact so far. It's shaped like a golden bull statuette, Minos has it kept in his treasure vault, and apparently the only way to get there is via the Labyrinth."

"I suppose we're not going into this Labyrinth right now because it is confusing, dangerous, and possibly lethal?"

"Yes, very astute observation." Sekhenun chuckles. "Minos is rumoured to have kept away a creation of his, a man-bull hybrid, in the Labyrinth. I'm not sure how much of the tale is true, but I do know there are plenty of traps and beasts prowling the maze. He throws Athenians and any other people he dislikes into the Labyrinth as a trial. If they survive, he spares them and showers them with riches. I think the Athenians are going in tomorrow."

"Does Minos have a map of some sorts? If he has a treasure vault within, surely he needs to get in and out without getting lost."

"That's a very good question. Would you like to volunteer to sneak into Minos's heavily guarded chambers to search for it?"

That'd probably be a very bad idea.

"How are our chances of getting in and out of the maze without a map, then?"

Sekhenun thinks about it for a while, and then speaks. "I estimate a 0.5% chance of successfully navigating the Labyrinth without any navigational aid."

"Surely we could leave something to mark our way... like, string, or something?"

"That's great, maybe you could make sure the string doesn't get cut by traps or monsters or that you don't lose it while fending off dozens of bull-headed dogs?"

"Bull-headed dogs?"

"Minos is known to have a fetish. Anyway, here's what I propose."

She brings out a familiar vial... it appears to be the same one you obtained from Aphrodite. Looks like Sekhenun didn't give Mehrune the real thing.

"We take the short cut, make Minos fall uncontrollably in love with you, and have him just give us the orb."

"Me?"

"It's a love potion, it works even on animals. I've tweaked it to work exceptionally well on Gieloth physiology too. I must say, Aphrodite is very devious."

"No, I mean, why me?"

"You're the one who absolutely needs your powers back, right? Why should I be taking the risk of being wooed by that randy bull-lover?"

You think on this a bit further. Surely there is another way out.

A. You agree to become the subject of Minos's affections and seduce him into giving you the orb. It's not a role you have any experience in playing, but the potion should give you a great advantage. In any case, this is your responsibility.

B. You persuade Sekhenun to take your place - she is much better in cases of subterfuge, deception and seduction, and her chances would be far higher. You convince her this is the best way to make the mission succeed.

C. You think out of the box... You don't really fancy having yourself or Sekhenun as the target of Minos's affections. However, his daughters might be able to help you obtain a map or even the artifact itself. You find a way to give them the love potion instead.

D. Map? You don't need no map! You go into the Labyrinth tomorrow, with the Athenians. Sekhenun will probably refuse to enter the Labyrinth blind, without any certainty of escaping, but you would rather not rely on a love potion from Aphrodite.

E. This is really all too risky. You tell Sekhenun to call off the whole thing, and to just enjoy this sunny vacation in Crete. You will get your powers back in a thousand years anyway.

ScubaV

Prophet
I'd say B if you guys think we can convince her, if not then C. As the choice states, Sekhenun is skilled in deception and is the Gieloth expert, "knowing more about Gieloth than most Gieloth themselves". Manipulating Minos with the help of the love potion should be trivial for her. She can probably even avoid the bull's horn if she so wishes. Besides, she thinks Ean is a bumbling oaf, if there's anyone that can screw this up even with the aid of a love potion it's Ean. It'd be better not to take that chance. :smug:

Esquilax

Arcane
Sekhenun is suggesting this because it's going to work in her favour in some way. The love potion is legit (I'm positive it's not water with food colouring), there's no doubt in my mind about that, but I think she wants us to take the risk because being the object of Minos' affections is clearly dangerous:

Minos played host with his two daughters, Ariadne and Phaedra; his wife, Pasiphae, had not been seen for many years, and he cheerfully apologized for her continued absence. You wonder about the parentage of the daughters, and make a note to ask Sekhenun about it later.

I'm pretty sure he offed his wife a while ago. From what we know of Minos, he's a reclusive man with a penchant for cruelty. He also strikes me as jealous and prone to anger, which is the real reason why Sekhenun wants Ean to do this task, and not her. So yeah, it's clearly Sekhenun trying to manipulate the situation so she can get what she wants without putting her ass on the line.

Ean doesn't have a silver tongue, but I think we should try to convince her to become the object of Minos' affections. We can give her our word that we'll be back to rescue her once we've regained our powers with the artifact. Our word counts much more than hers, so I believe she would be willing to trust us, even after the Aphrodite gaffe. Alternatively, spiking the drinks of Minos' daughters could work, but after leaving the rest of our party to Aphrodite's hands over in Cyprus, I'm not sure I want to manipulate Minos' daughters here. Just strikes me as kind of a shitty thing to do.

B

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
220px-Juniorposter.jpg

newcomer

Learned
treave

is it possible to give the love potion to Theseus also?

C for now

and I'm also hoping for a better fuck it option:
F. A vacation is good, but not good enough without a woman! You force-feed Sekhenum with the love potion!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You could. You missed a chance to interact with Theseus and the Minos sisters, and narrowed down your options when you chose not to follow him.

Re: the daughters, Ean will ask to confirm if option C has a chance of working, which it does.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom