Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sample a piece of Wasteland 2's music

Shadenuat

Arcane
You'll get a motherfuckin' hover tank!!

:eek:

z205539943.jpg

:incline:

Humanophage

Arcane
I appreciate Mark Morgan mostly because of his P:T soundtrack, which was like normal dark ambient stripped of excessive electronics, and a bit more similar to fantasy orchestral soundtracks. The problem with dark ambient is that it's frequently too monotonous, but it doesn't apply to Mark Morgan. I'm especially fond of the more subdued Mortuary and Sigil tracks. More similar to this than what you would expect from your standard electronic dark ambient.

Aphex Twin plagiarizer stealing composing a derivative, shitty "suspenseful" piece, what a surprise. First there are 900+ pages of derp, and now this.
Hmm, I thought Aphex Twin only had a few ambient songs in this style, mostly from this album, whereas most of the rest is just IDM with its chaotic beats that you would expect from experimental electronic musicians. While a number of Morgan's tracks are similar to Aphex Twin's, most are original and more consistent in style. I'm not an expert on Aphex Twin, but surely he's not a pioneer of dark ambient and this sort of atmosphere had been used by many other artists - say, Zoviet France.

Snerf

Learned
This is going to be an awesome soundtrack for my ranger/mutant cultist relationship simulator.

catfood

AGAIN
Sounds awesome IMO. Looks like Morgan hasn't run out of artists to plagiarize lost his touch.

Oh wait this is the Codex what the fuck is this piece of shit this isn't like Wasteland 1 music at all :decline: banal shit boring popamole :mob::killit::killit:

Stabwound

Arcane
I can't really say much regarding the music taken out of context. It's not bad, I guess. It doesn't at all fit the recent mockup screenshot they released, though. I get more of a Deux Ex/Shadowrun vibe from this.

madbringer

Arcane
Oh no, this vaguely sounds like something else, why won't he make dark/tribal/industrial ambient that sounds like contemporary Nicaraguan indie technical jazz?
:rpgcodex:

Welp, at the very least, even if the game turns out bad, i'll get another solid Mark Morgan OST out of Wasteland 2. Sweet. :D

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like it. The tune itself isn't anything extraordinary but Morgan is definitely heading in the right direction. :salute:

I quite like it. I think the objective is to communicate a darker mood without drawing too much attention to the music and it achieves that.

The music fits well with the concept art, but not so much with that alpha screenshot. Hopefully that is something they consider.

EG

Nullified
I wonder how "loud" it's supposed to be in game . . . if it's at Fallout 1's usual volume, it'd fit just fine.

Nothing could fit well with that screen shot, Ex.

MisterStone

Arcane
I feel like Lynrd Skynyrd would fit the ranger concept art better than this forgettable ambient stuff...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom