Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA for sale?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Not sure if there is a thread about it somewhere I haven't noticed but according to the New York Post EA may be looking for a buyer.
I guess the Great Videogame Crash of 2013(tm) mght become a reality after all

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/mad_for_madden_3lyqSl04ZEpZeO9Zmh81GI

Also in before Gaider and Hepler make the Anti-Obsidian with other Bioware veterans

racofer

Thread Incliner
EA sheeples to the rescue!

Did they ever think it's because they keep shipping the same damn crap every year?

I mean, seriously? D:

You must be referring to Activision. EA has not done this. Not in quite a few years anyhow, Madden the last few years has improved massively, and continues to.

Seriously, I love how some people are still stuck in 2004...

I say, good riddance!

:excellent:

Hopefully Zionmax will buy them, and the Bioware "writers" will be assigned into writing side quests for Fallout 4 and TES 6, the Bethesda way.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Ugh that's not how Bethesda operates. They will assign them to level design department because the writer positions are already taken by people that were level designers

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I wonder if Microsoft would be interested. All signs point to them wanting a bigger cut of the digital distribution pie than they have gotten thus far. Windows 8 will have a built-in app store.

Cassidy

Arcane
Many corporations keep 50% + 1 of their stocks to their primary owner or group of associates.

Phelot

Arcane
Didn't that Korean MMO company mention wanting to take em?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some Arab oil sheikh should by them. Then they could finally make a true Battlefield game. With tastefully covered women.

Renegen

Arcane
Many corporations keep 50% + 1 of their stocks to their primary owner or group of associates.
No they don't.

On the bright side if private equity buys EA (possibly even Bain Capital!) we will have many many layoffs and much internet drama. Re-organizations are always fun, I don't see how someone could save EA.

xilo3z

Educated
Makes sense from a price prospective but the fact is EA filed a 500mln buy back a few weeks ago... You don't go from doing that to being bought out from the clear blue sky. When filing the paperwork EA would have been obligated to disclose any information pertaining to this buy out. Providence also issued a statement saying they are not pursuing EA and had no idea what was going on, so that leaves KKR. If KKR is making a move its in its infantile stage, fuck even earlier than that, so don't expect anything soon.

The only thing EA has going for it is its price so really no analyst out there is taking this as anymore than a random equity firm trying to drum up the price with some momentum.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Trip Hawkins and Herve Caen should combine their massive fortunes ( :lol: ) to buy EA, oh the horror.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Ugh Bobby is "Member of Board of Directors of Coca-Cola", while Riccitiello was the same in Pepsi - if you bothered to check links.

And these people run game corps :M

Shadenuat

Arcane
Let's kickstart a sale, buy them and use whips and beating to make them create turn-based isometric tactical sprite RPG's.

Micmu

Magister
I'd like to see a moron who buys a sinking ship other than really cheap, just to scavenge remaining resources and send them to the bottom.
I buy them for $1.99 then give them away for free.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I buy them for $1.99 then give them away for free.

That's too steep a price.
ocd-robocops-20090617072407895.jpeg

deuxhero

Arcane
So EA will be bought, stripmined of its IPs and disolved when it doesn't perform as expected?

A fitting punishment!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I hope derek smart procures this cosy little company and finally makes games equal to his ambition

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom