Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
I don't understand what we're even doing down here. Why don't we grab this squad and bring them back to the power couplings on the deck above to keep our forces coherent and focused on one objective at a time? This labyrinth can wait until we've cleared the first objective and have an entire company to deal with it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I expressed myself wrongly: You can't die immediately from any of the choices, but both 1 and 2 have potentially deadly outcomes in their follow-up choices, something 3 can avoid.

Wait wait wait... You're saying that trying to blow a hole through the hull of a travelling spaceship while our people are in said section of the hull could have potentially deadly effects!? :eek:

Gondolin

Arcane
Wait wait wait... You're saying that trying to blow a hole through the hull of a travelling spaceship while our people are in said section of the hull could have potentially deadly effects!? :eek:

We're only doing it to get to the Big Bad Evil Thing behind it. That should offset some of the risk.

GreyViper

Prophet
1) Blow open a passage to the Geller field’s outer edge and seek out the Ruinous Powers. Demon or Greater Demon encounter, yet if you survive I could see a fate point inc. More likely GAME soon to be OVER stupid choice. Yet part of me wonders if we did come out as victorsv with deleterious effects (such as losing an *insert random limb*). It would be in Shepards style, probably would gain a fate point and a mechanical limb.

2) Wait for Flavion to finish his work and see if he can figure out this mundane puzzle. No this one is a bit tougher, yet by root comments makes a bit sense if you recall the priests account about the sect. What I'm worried about is that the priest might play a game of his own and it would come back and bite us in the ass. Not sure how the time speed factor plays into this, maybe something similar like the ritual event that didn't get interruptedd before.

Guess we will have to see what Root has in store for us.

Kayerts

Arcane
The warning that we might die is promising, considering that only something very powerful could one-shot us right now.

I'm calling it now, Groshaw's actually the Deceiver.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Could we not use rope like Theseus did in Labyrinth or place markers as we went? or command some soldiers to do this for us? Blowing the hole and using all bromethium or waiting for Heretics to ensnare us are Biowerian choices..... edit after reading Root post Oh Knew it's Trap.... but we atleast still have bromethium and Emperor's gift to mankind the Hate with us. Scourge and Purge!

We're Redeemer and Witchbane 4 for Emprah!

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
3) The power of friendship is the strongest of all

edit: cunning plan pending

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oooh, yes, trust the voices. That's always a good move in a root LP. :roll: Too bad the other options aren't exactly appealing. But we did take the drunken priest with us.
Might as well hear what he has to say.

Option 1

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

The daemon will most likely bring us too it, like the fewl it is. And when it does, we will strike it down!

Kayerts

Arcane
4 sounds a lot like what a daemon-addled Shepard would think. Of course, if the voice had been in us since our run in with the Tyrant Star, that decreases the odds that it's a daemon. It still could be Tyrant Star-inspired madness, or garden variety madness. In any case, I'm skeptical of this voice which has supposedly been speaking to us since Komus but which has been mute over the course of the past 20 updates.

2 is an attempt to use randomness against Chaos; I'm sure that will end well.

The merits of 1 vs. 3 seem largely contingent on what sort of daemon we think we're facing. A Slaaneshi demon seems like it'd affect the drunkard Kirchoff more; a Tzeentchian daemon seems like it'd be more effective against the fearful Groshaw.

Barring any insight there, it seems like we should work out a cunning plan.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
4 seems bad. It's unlikely that a voice that's been with you since you encountered the Tyrant Star is entirely benevolent. It would be hubris to tell our men to steel themselves against assaults on their mind while we give in to whispers in the dark.

For now I lean towards either 1 or 3, can't really decide which of the uncultured cunts are more trustworthy though. Unless someone else comes up with a plan so cunning it could have been made by a fox that is a professor of cunning at Oxford, of course.

Longinus

Educated
Besides, it was said behind curtains there is something unique about Shepard, he is resistant to taint, might have some Astrates genes, and if it doesn't convince you lot check his bloody character sheet - Exceptional Willpower, WITCHESBANE and Zealous Hatred calls for some in character action here.

GreyViper

Prophet
5)
You close your eyes and go through many options in your head. In the end you reach the only one conclusion. There is only one option the rest are just a illusion and irrelevant, BECAUSE IN THE END IT IS YOU WHO IS IN CONTROLL!
NOT Kirchhoff nor Groshaw or any kind of voice, they are pawns for you to control and to use as you see fit.

You reach inside of yourself mentally and gather all your inner strength into mental barrier. Then with a effort shape it in your mind into keep, no something more a TOWER OF IRON WILL!
You open your eyes and your back in the reality of Black holds.
And now understand that no voice will fight the victory for you.
You are Shepard a medicae, a soldier, a champion for emperor and you have always known The Emperor Protects those who protect them selves. Its crystal clear to you these men need hope for the upcoming battle. They need to know you have a plan and YOU ARE IN CONTROLL.
“Kirchhoff I trust you carry flask of Holy water with you all the time?” you ask with smile on your face.
“And would you be so kind and bless some of our canteen water to, because I think we are going to need it,” you say chuckling.
You turn to your men addressing them with a loud voice that echoes through corridors.
“Brothers, comrades, we face a strong enemy who thinks he has already won.”
“It thinks we have only choice, yet I say, its wrong there is only OUR choice, we are the makers of our own fate and it can’t control that”.
“In truth it fears us, because we have the power and means to destroy it and it knows it.”
“It will try to play mind games, it will try to turn us against each other, it will try to kill us and you will come to know that it fears Emperors light.”
“ Our dear priest Kirchhoff should be done with blessing soon, so take up a song of courage and show our undivided faith into HIM WHO SITS ON GOLDEN THRONE and feel no fear.”
“Sing SING, like you have never before, let all know here in darkness are men who bring emperors light to far corners of abyss, never faltering.”
“We will going toward Gellar field that is where lies our salvation.”
“When we encounter our enemy, you will take up covering fire arcs. You WILL use ANY COWER in combat. Concentrate fire on one target if possible, the ones who are using lasrifles, start using hotshots, make every shoot count. And finally if enemy gets close use the holy water our dear priest Kirchhoff provided you with.”
“Now move out”

Esquilax

Arcane
Um... nice story, but what's your plan? Give an inspirational speech and charge into the Gellar Field? I've gotta be honest, I kinda skimmed through it.

Voting (1) at the moment, given that the priest seems to be the one most likely to keep a clear head here. Don't like (4) because I think fucking with Tyrant Star related nonsense at a time like this (or actually, any time at all) is a terrible idea. Willing to flop to any cunning plan (tm) you bros come up with.

(1)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
4 sounds a lot like what a daemon-addled Shepard would think. Of course, if the voice had been in us since our run in with the Tyrant Star, that decreases the odds that it's a daemon. It still could be Tyrant Star-inspired madness, or garden variety madness. In any case, I'm skeptical of this voice which has supposedly been speaking to us since Komus but which has been mute over the course of the past 20 updates.

2 is an attempt to use randomness against Chaos; I'm sure that will end well.

The merits of 1 vs. 3 seem largely contingent on what sort of daemon we think we're facing. A Slaaneshi demon seems like it'd affect the drunkard Kirchoff more; a Tzeentchian daemon seems like it'd be more effective against the fearful Groshaw.

Barring any insight there, it seems like we should work out a cunning plan.

On the other hand a Keeper of Secrets (since I dont expect to run into a lesser daemon with that amount of power) might also feed on Groshaws blind devotion and courage while the other option is impossible to outsmart anyway. I'd say we go with Kirchhoff. Groshaw might have his uses, but fighting mental influences isn't one of them. As far as I recall he was under the witches spell before we could slay her, and a daemon is a whole other calibre. If there is one guy whose mental barricades should still be up it is ourselves, and even we got to see a strange vision. The daemon has plans for us, and it was happy to see that we didn't went for the geller field without the techpriest. Why? That he was uncertain of what choice we would make is the only thing that makes me believe we're facing a slaaneshi daemon here. Also, what about the blue halo?

Edit: On the off-chance that we are in fact facing a Lord of Change, being random might be our best bet. He already kind of thanked us for being rational, so maybe it is time to be unrational?

ironyuri

well it sounds like from the dream that the daemon might be a keeper of secrets, but the maze sounds like a lord of change

maybe we're facing both at once. double penetration of shepards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom