Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Starfarer releases version 0.53a

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Fractal Softworks; Starfarer

The naval combat with spaceships sim seems to be chugging along quite nicely with the last mayor release implementing all combat features. I like those ship systems and AI changes myself.
The 0.53a version of Starfarer is now out! This update is focused on fleshing out the combat gameplay, and future releases will focus on campaign features. That’s not to say that combat won’t receive any more attention – but this release does wrap up all of the major planned combat features.

What’s new:
Ship systems – each ship gets an active ability – flares, burn drive, a combat teleporter – and many more
Phase cloaking – three new ships that use the cloak as a primary defensive system
New mission featuring phase ships
Tons of AI improvements, new modding features, and bugfixes

Norfleet

Wow. This is actually a thing. At first I thought it was just another piece of vaporware, but apparently this is for real.

Norfleet

Well, let's be honest. It's not really all that 20th century naval combat, either. It's more like 16th century naval combat. But with PEWPEW and LAZORS.

Norfleet

Well, apparently it's claimed as a combat simulator, so given that the creators do not claim that any game actually exists, there's no reason to believe there is one.

Destroid

Arcane
Well, apparently it's claimed as a combat simulator, so given that the creators do not claim that any game actually exists, there's no reason to believe there is one.

I wouldn't describe it as a simulator, it has none of the characteristic detail. The combat isn't much alike to any sort of naval battle either.

YourConscience

Scholar
You guys are a bunch of weirdos. So these dudes make the wet dream of any tactical player, and then you complain it is something between a simulator and a game? I, for one, welcome our new venting overlords.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
pirates! in space with some rts controls tacked over it is the wet dream of any tactical player? 'cos that's pretty much what this is supposed to be like when it's finished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom