Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Excellent choices and consequences Flash RPG

It's a fairly short flash RPG but full of choices and consequences. A reflection of what a true RPG should be. You can finish it in about fifteen minutes, if you do a straight run through.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495903

Multi-headed Cow

Did they ever expand Choice of the Dragon or Choice of the Vampire? Hated playing those and getting blueballed with a "LOL WE'RE GONNA ADD MORE LATER!" message.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
SCO said:
Welcome to 1986 baby

Fuck yeah man

Multi-headed Cow said:
Did they ever expand Choice of the Dragon or Choice of the Vampire? Hated playing those and getting blueballed with a "LOL WE'RE GONNA ADD MORE LATER!" message.

I don't know but I just played Choice of Vampire and it was pretty damn great

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
anus_pounder said:
And what about those 'choice of _____' games ?
Broadside has gay romance - Biowhore rejoice :smug:

I've only played Dragon and Broadside. Dragon's good fun though it felt annoyingly unfinished. Broadside is very well done. Good use of skills, some good C&C, though it sadly has its share of Biowarian fake choices as well. They're all solidly written and relatively short to go through, so give a couple a shot and see if you like them.

Serious_Business said:
anus_pounder said:
SCO said:
http://www.playalterego.com/alterego

:thumbsup:

And what about those 'choice of _____' games ?

Was thinking about that. Apparently they have three new games since last time the Codex mentionned them :

http://www.choiceofgames.com/category/our-games/
Played the dragon one when the topic first came to the Codex's attention and was their only game. Currently enjoying the hell out of the vampire one.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I wish alter ego had become more fleshed out over time but noooo instead we get the fucking sims. Shit even an alien/fantasy version of alter ego with strange shit going down and an original language and culture would be THE incline! I'd play the fuck out of that.

Very sad that a game from 1986 published by Activision has more roleplaying than all the Bioware and Bethesda games combined.

Grim Monk

Arcane
I'm becoming suspicious that I may have uncovered the hobby of one Codexs Members...

All the CYOA games I've just posted are made by one dude, a guy called "EndMaster"...

He also wrote GameBook RPG called "Legend", which requires dice throws and :salute: the writing down of stats.
http://www.infinite-story.com/story/room.php?id=28071

And a Post Apocalyptic CYOA with obvious Fallout influences back in 2006:
http://www.infinite-story.com/story/room.php?id=36382

He references the Codex in one of his posts:
Lol, if you think No Mutants Allowed is bad, try RPGCodex. Hilarity will ensue.

Though the Codex is composed mostly of grumpy "old school" gamers which I can somewhat identify with, since I agree that there has been the trend to "dumb down" the CRPG genre in recent years.

Some of his stories start off on a page like this:
WARNING! This story contains a lot of graphic content, if you are offended by ultra violence, explicit sexual descriptions, tons of swearing, blasphemy, inappropriate dark humor, torture, cannibalism, consensual incest, necrophilia and extreme madness and misanthropy in general then DO NOT read this story! Go read one of my "nicer" stories like Repression or TRASH instead. (And given that I used those 2 as an example of "nice" that gives you an idea of what kind of story this is!)

Of course now that I've mentioned all the things it contains, you'll probably read it anyway, you sick little monkey.

Well don't complain if you get offended, I did warn you and keep in mind it IS only a story…

I hope you're wearing hip waiters because you're about to step into some twisted shit…

I'll keep looking, but the Codexian :rpgcodex: Vibe is strong...

thesoup

Arcane
The title mislead me into believing this topic was about the upcoming South Park RPG.

Necro Master

Novice
I'm becoming suspicious that I may have uncovered the hobby of one Codexs Members...

All the CYOA games I've just posted are made by one dude, a guy called "EndMaster"...

He also wrote GameBook RPG called "Legend", which requires dice throws and :salute: the writing down of stats.
http://www.infinite-story.com/story/room.php?id=28071

And a Post Apocalyptic CYOA with obvious Fallout influences back in 2006:
http://www.infinite-story.com/story/room.php?id=36382

He references the Codex in one of his posts:
Lol, if you think No Mutants Allowed is bad, try RPGCodex. Hilarity will ensue.

Though the Codex is composed mostly of grumpy "old school" gamers which I can somewhat identify with, since I agree that there has been the trend to "dumb down" the CRPG genre in recent years.

Some of his stories start off on a page like this:
WARNING! This story contains a lot of graphic content, if you are offended by ultra violence, explicit sexual descriptions, tons of swearing, blasphemy, inappropriate dark humor, torture, cannibalism, consensual incest, necrophilia and extreme madness and misanthropy in general then DO NOT read this story! Go read one of my "nicer" stories like Repression or TRASH instead. (And given that I used those 2 as an example of "nice" that gives you an idea of what kind of story this is!)

Of course now that I've mentioned all the things it contains, you'll probably read it anyway, you sick little monkey.

Well don't complain if you get offended, I did warn you and keep in mind it IS only a story…

I hope you're wearing hip waiters because you're about to step into some twisted shit…

I'll keep looking, but the Codexian :rpgcodex: Vibe is strong...

It's really interesting what you find when you're googling your own nickname for no apparent reason.

Grim Monk was right though, I have definitely lurked on RPGCodex for years, before VD got kicked out even. Seen most of the drama on here like the rebellion against VD, the fake muslim dude who annoyed everyone, the long winded Indian, the outraged Christian, Cleve's rants about the apocalypse, the trannies, the overly sensitive furry, the Nazi who wanted one of the trannies to shit on him, the guy that say everything is shit (You know, the REALLY angry one), basically all the major points.

Always liked the cartoons the Admiral made.

Though I haven't kept up on what's been going on here lately, so I may have missed some stuff.

Anyway considering what a small blip I am on this great big wondrous web, just thought it was interesting that I somehow got mentioned briefly at this prestigious magazine.

Decline and all that, gentlemen. :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom