Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Rumor: Square Enix Has Axed Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In other news...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...et-to-unveil-new-direction-for-lightning-saga

The Final Fantasy 13 development team is set to unveil a "new direction" for the Lightning saga.

The producer, director and art director of the divisive Final Fantasy 13 will present new information about the direction of character Lightning's story at an event in Tokyo on 1st September 2012, Square Enix said today.

Two games have been released in the Lightning Saga: Final Fantasy 13 and Final Fantasy 13-2, which have together sold over 9.6 million units.

Square Enix said today that The FF13-2 add-on content Lightning's Story: Requim of the Goddess brought FF13-2 to a conclusion.

So what's this announcement about, then? In July Square Enix teased more Final Fantasy 13 content, and some speculated that it related to Final Fantasy 13-3. "The [FF 13-2] Lightning download content had an ending that left a feeling of mystery and hope," director Motomu Toriyama told Japanese magazine Famitsu.​

Can't wait for Final Fantasy 13-13.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Versus XIII has announced in 2006.

We are in 2012.

Fuck

This game is dead.

deuxhero

Arcane

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
What the fuck is FF 13-2? Is it a complete game made using the same engine and same art assets as FF 13, kinda like FFX-II??

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
FF XIII-2 was clearly made with a japan-only mind and then released on the rest of the wolrd as an experiment.... I mean, look at this:

6745mons_adornments_US_01_RGB-copy.jpg

Chateaubryan

Cipher
What's the deal with Versus ? I never understood the hype and disappointment it produced.
All I've seen so far are the screenshots of a CG J-Drama.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well either you have a quality story like this:

qmytte.jpg

Or something funny with memorable characters like this:

30adu93.jpg

Or something highly playable like learn to fly.

Or you have something like DA2.

Fans seen, from the images, it would be something between the first two (aka great story, and memorable characters), and considering Square-Enix didn't made entirely bad combat system, they thought it would be above average game.

Random

Arcane
Patron
God I would kill for them to finish X.

I would also kill for a FF that was everything they promised Versus to be, but I know that will never come true.

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
So, what the fuck are the Versus games?
Just a new story w/same characters, like an expansion? Only you pay the same price?
It's an entirely different game with an Engrish name.

Actually I found this:
RitznRubble | Posted 1/19/2012 4:57:49 PM "Versus in Latin means “to turn around” and in English it means “against”. Both translations are the main keywords for this game."

http://www.finalfantasy-fxn.net/boa...nal-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-(Covers-2006-Present)

- basically it has nothing to do with final fantasy xiii. It's its own game and uses the Fabula Nova Crystallis myth in a different way than XIII or type-0 doest.

here: http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/619315-/61703183

That sounds the same as what I read before 13 was out. So, it is not an engrish name but an internal reference name muchh like 'Final Fantasy' is (there is still so much ignorance about the legacy of the name it's staggering). For most people, I guess it is a terrible name like Final Fantasy is, but I quite like that the names have a little significance to their development and/or legacy.

As horribly messy and overlong is the manga/anime 'Bleach,' its ridiculous name actually bears meaning. Naming a show 'Bleach' for one is bizarre, and people have taken notice of the show. Second, bleach is easilly associated with white (the color of death in Japanese culture because of the association to sun-BLEACHed bones like the masks of the hollows, the show's main foes).

.............. As you were....

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
Ooooo fucking japs and their bullshit subtle wordplay thinking they're deep.
They should stick to hentai.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you could put anyone in that category (only exception that comes to my mind right now at 4:35 AM is 'I am Legend' because that... all of it was freaking brilliance for me!), especially with 'mature' elements in games usually meaning "here's our jack-off fantasies, too!"

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Oh it's coming alright

This is relevant because series director Tetsuya Nomura previously confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3 will come eventually, but its development cannot start until the Kingdom Hearts Tokyo team is finished making Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Which they’ve been working on since finishing Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix in 2007 and no doubt are hoping to finish by 2013 with development taking twice as long as usual.

FF versus XIII 6 years in the working..... best FF ever? It uses the Kingdom Hearts combat system and is made by the same team, and KH were great. Can't wait.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2012/07/30/kingdom-hearts-3-release-date.htm

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom