Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion: lulz button

desocupado

Magister
I miss seeing the name of the bro that brofisted my post or a post I liked. This allowed me to build friendships and get to know the people behind their avatars, or 'stalk' other bros who had similar interests to me. Those were useful features. Now everything is anonymous...having to go to the user CP to view who did what is too slow and cumbersome to be practical.

Yeah, I second what this guy said. He's spot on (even if he's a tard now and again).

Repressed Homosexual
Quetzacoatl is already stalking me and tagging every post I make. Hilarious.

And I mean, how can you be so blind and pretend it will not be abused continuously when people with bitter vendettas spam negative tags to posts as innocuous as all posts Cleve makes which are just him posting youtube videos demonstrating Grimoire features.

EG

Nullified
The couple "took too long to response" errors I've gotten the past two days aren't do this lovely new feature, are they, my lord?

How can you be so blind not to notice the staff implemented this shit knowing it would be abused and that was exactly the objective?

Like if you agree

I like this, in an old-timely manner. I do not seem to have the privilege to use the precious buttons.

I'm sorry people are singling you out, HHR. :incline: I hope those 41 red flags don't clash with your 400-odd green ones.

desocupado

Magister
Quetzacoatl is already stalking me and tagging every post I make. Hilarious.

And I mean, how can you be so blind and pretend it will not be abused continuously when people with bitter vendettas spam negative tags to posts as innocuous as all posts Cleve makes which are just him posting youtube videos demonstrating Grimoire features.

Can't you see the wheat lobby is going to make him their bitch?

Repressed Homosexual
The couple "took too long to response" errors I've gotten the past two days aren't do this lovely new feature, are they, my lord?

How can you be so blind not to notice the staff implemented this shit knowing it would be abused and that was exactly the objective?

Like if you agree

I like this, in an old-timely manner. I do not seem to have the privilege to use the precious buttons.

I'm sorry people are singling you out, HHR. :incline: I hope those 41 red flags don't clash with your 400-odd green ones.

It could be a ratio of 10000 red to one green and white that I still wouldn't bat an eyelid. It is not empowering malcontents and malcontent knee-jerk behavior that matters for me in this case.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If someone wants to do it to you, they can shower you with alerts on your old posts. I woke up with almost 600 of them this morning, so not posting won't hold back the barbarian hordes.

Oh come on, we might not have gotten consent first, but you know you ended up enjoying what ironyuri, Menckenstein, SuicideBunny and I did to you. I was considering finishing the job today, since I hate to leave anything unfinished, but DU seems to have taken my rating 'privileges' away.

You were a special case, and I'd ask for them back on that basis, but I've found that the codex loads a bit faster for me now that I can't rate posts, so I quite like this development.
I agree with you on account of the fact that yesterday I laughed more than in the last 3 months combined because of the lolcalypse happening on this thread:D.

pipka

Savant
DarkUnderlord Can we or will we be able to filter posts in a thread based on the rating tags?
It's possible to auto-hide posts that receive a given number of negative ratings.
sup du
And what about the positive ones?
I was thinking that in not so distant future, when I'll (or whoever) be searching for a game and find myself with 20+ pages thread, it could be easier to filter for informative posts through non-retarded but still redundant codexian circle-jerk.

P.S. So when will thread compass appear?

laclongquan

Arcane
This message by various codexers has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
:wtfits:

What the fuck is this shit!

I dont ignore anyone just so some motherfucking code hide messages from various codexers from my imperial gaze.

Drop this piece of shit immediately I vote!

I dont mind the trollish element but I do mind the fucking censorship.

Drop it! Drop it with extreme prejudice, say I. :flamesaw:

:jump up and down, stomping the hat: :rage:

:mob:

:what:

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This message by various codexers has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)

I dont ignore anyone just so some motherfucking code hide messages from various codexers from my imperial gaze.

DU, this is a problem because not everybody may agree with those ratings. Also, in my case, after the raid on my posting history that took place yesterday, everything I posted in the last 3 months or so is now being censored for no other reason that some assholes felt butthurt that I donated the money for the rating plugin.

mondblut

Arcane
DU, this is a problem because not everybody may agree with those ratings. Also, in my case, after the raid on my posting history that took place yesterday, everything I posted in the last 3 months or so is now being censored for no other reason that some assholes felt butthurt that I donated the money for the rating plugin.

Choices and consequences, bitch. You reap what you sow.

@DU, I would suggest dropping the post-hiding for everyone BUT the poster above.

laclongquan

Arcane

Agree or not is irrevelant. Even if Codex consensus agree Prosper is insane, I still read his post. Even if Andhaira or Bryce or whateverthehelllurkhere post, I still read it.

I DONT IGNORE NO ONE JUST SO SOME MOTHERFUCKING CODE CENSOR MY READING MATERIAL~!

skuphundaku

Patron

Choices and consequences.

In your original post in which you donated money, you said, and I quote:

Let the butthurt flow!

The butthurt has flowed. The fact you're getting dragged along in its undertow is your problem.

This message has been approved by the Codex Diversity Squad Purification Squad.
Suck my dick, bitch!

skuphundaku

Patron

Choices and consequences, bitch. You reap what you sow.

@DU, I would suggest dropping the post-hiding for everyone BUT the poster above.
How about you kiss my ass mondblut, while you're at it.

EG

Nullified

Like if you agree

It could be a ratio of 10000 red to one green and white that I still wouldn't bat an eyelid. It is not empowering malcontents and malcontent knee-jerk behavior that matters for me in this case.

Do not be a delicate little flower, HHR.

Be a . . . well. What ever the fuck you are.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Oh look ! New smileys to click on ! Ain't that the shit ?

URVPf.png

LundB

Mistakes were made.

He who desires to cause butthurt might take care lest he thereby become butthurt. And when you gaze long into the Codex, the Codex gazes also into you.

Also, just a day ago:
Oh come on, we might not have gotten consent first, but you know you ended up enjoying what ironyuri, Menckenstein, SuicideBunny and I did to you. I was considering finishing the job today, since I hate to leave anything unfinished, but DU seems to have taken my rating 'privileges' away.

You were a special case, and I'd ask for them back on that basis, but I've found that the codex loads a bit faster for me now that I can't rate posts, so I quite like this development.
I agree with you on account of the fact that yesterday I laughed more than in the last 3 months combined because of the lolcalypse happening on this thread:D.

How quickly slight adversity reveals one's true colours. Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls itt. :D

skuphundaku

Patron

He who desires to cause butthurt might take care lest he thereby become butthurt. And when you gaze long into the Codex, the Codex gazes also into you.

Also, just a day ago:

How quickly slight adversity reveals one's true colours. Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls itt. :D
I don't agree with the hiding of posts. I don't care how much you and your band of merry men raid my post history and rate everything negatively because by doing that you prove yourself to be just smarmy little children and I don't feel the need to argue with you because you can't be argued with rationally and I don't give a shit that you don't agree with what I say. I'm not here to take part in a popularity contest by way of aggregated ratings. However, I despise censorship in general and, in particular, I resent the censoring of posts that do nothing but report facts, like all my posts that your actions have censored in the Kickstarter Watch thread.

Also, assuming that hiding posts is a good idea, even if it isn't, the current system of hiding posts with just 3 negative ratings, regardless of the positive ratings, is stupid. As you have already proven, is extremely easy to abuse. You can even do it by yourself if you have two alts.

ironyuri

Also, just a day ago:

I don't agree with the hiding of posts. I don't care how much you and your band of merry men raid my post history and rate everything negatively because by doing that you prove yourself to be just smarmy little children and I don't feel the need to argue with you because you can't be argued with rationally and I don't give a shit that you don't agree with what I say. I'm not here to take part in a popularity contest by way of aggregated ratings. However, I despise censorship in general and, in particular, I resent the censoring of posts that do nothing but report facts, like all my posts that your actions have censored in the Kickstarter Watch thread.

Also, assuming that hiding posts is a good idea, even if it isn't, the current system of hiding posts with just 3 negative ratings, regardless of the positive ratings, is stupid. As you have already proven, is extremely easy to abuse. You can even do it by yourself if you have two alts.

Pretty sure you...

asked for this.

:neveraskedforthis::yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom