Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

POLL: Old "Brofist" or the new "Button Parade"?

Which is better, the new system or the old one?

• Total voters

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So we're moving to a system of less discussion, just reply by click!

i must admit i fail to see how making the "+1" post into an icon constitutes "moving to a system of less discussion", but then again i'm one of those ignorant fucks who believe the codex won't be turned upside down by adding four buttons

You act as if every post agreeing or disagreeing was some sort of phrase or emote which was not the case. If you got annoyed by a poster that simply mashed parrot emotes everywhere, we already have the ignore system. I don't ever recall being opposed to that despite never using it.

wat

what does that have to do with my point?

once again: these statements of recognition always existed in some form another, now there's icons for them. how this will cause less discussion on any subject i have difficulty seeing, unless you count "BUTTHURT LULZ" as one of your systems of discussion, because these icons will, unfortunately, rid of us those posts I suspect...

actually, it just occured to me this system might eradicate skyway's need to post at all

i think the codex is strong enough to survive the implementation of a few icons, so my point remains; i don't care, do whatever

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. DarkUnderlord, and I won't have it! Is that clear?

You think you've merely installed a rating mod. That is not the case! The retards have taken the decent arguments out of this forum, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance!

You are an old man who thinks in terms of threads and posts. There are no threads. There are no members. There are no moderators. There are no admins. There are no other forums. There is no Internet.

There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of hatred. race-hate, gender-hate, console-hate... hass, nienawiść, haïr, ienaids, and ненависть.

It is the international system of hatred which determines the totality of life on this forum.

That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today!

And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU... WILL... ATONE!

Am I getting through to you, Mr. DarkUnderlord?

You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about Codex and your admin account. You think that you can simplify the hate, the dislike and streamline it into clicking a button. Retards and butthurts, a constant stream of ever increasing digits.

You think that your access to the databases lets you control the hate? Well, Mr. DarkUnderlord, next to hatred, you and your petty ambitions are nothing but dust in the wind. For the great wheel of hate, you're not even a pebble on the road.

We no longer live in a world of admins and members, Mr. DarkUnderlord. The Codex is a college of feuds, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of hate. The world is hate, Mr. DarkUnderlord. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. DarkUnderlord, to see that... perfect world... in which there's no self-censorship or downvoting, hateful exchanges simplified to a press of a button.

A world where wordsmiths and cockmongers face off in brutal duels of argumentation, leaving behind only hurt feelings and trauma. Everything written down, then torn apart and twisted into something foul. A world where one does not pop moles of butthurt from the safety of cover, but must expose themselves to the unforgiving hordes of the Codex. All forever documented in the eternal annals of retardo.

One vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common hate, in which all men will hold a share of stock. All necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. DarkUnderlord, to preach this evangel.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
"butthurt" "u mad" "u salty" is the laziest form of discourse possible, it's a blight on the proud art of forum-fu everywhere. That it's now reduced even further to a one-click affair just highlights our degeneracy as nerds.

:tearofaneagle

Nomask Alt

Arbiter
Odrzut just marked 30 of my messages, many of them substantial, as "retarded", while leaving the reasons for his evaluations a mystery forever. Needless to say, I see this new system primarily as a means to give power to true retards like Odrzut, who are now allowed to express their idiocy without having to formulate actual thoughts, while everyone else was content with the old system.

DraQ

Arcane
I kind of like it:

-it's lulzy because it apparently creates much butthurt
-it should help keep the forums cleaner by channelling what would have been inane posts into inane icons
-it gives me ability to tell people they're retarded without having to write one-liner post about it
-it's more balanced than just having brofists - what are we, some fakebook or something that only has "like" button?
-props for making both "agree" and "disagree" neutral, as they should be.

I don't see any point in returning to just brofists right now - either we keep our collection of inane web 2.0 buttons and use it for good, or we drop this shit altogether - including brofists - and piss on 2.0fags' juvenile scorn.

:obviously:

Edit:

What's with the rating bar showing only positive ones now?
:retarded:
Fucking facebookdex.
:decline:

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The only concept I have an issue with, DarkUnderlord, is the auto-hide of posts. It's like the Forum is forcing me to be butthurt and use the ignore-function.

That feature I could do without.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
9vaok.gif

This new rating view looks like shit.

zeitgeist

Magister
Can anyone think of a few examples of any kind of a rating system improving the quality of discussion in any forum? I can't recall a single one.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
No you didn't.

Prot-tip: Unbrofist him. Refresh. Then Brofist him and refresh again.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm still waiting to see the mod that felipepepe paid for implemented, everyone's getting to distracted by brofist's when we should be getting excited about title editing.
You mean the mod I installed yesterday? Haven't you seen all the "this post was last edited" popping up.
It seems they only appear if the person editing writes a reason for the editing, otherwise there is no indication of the edit... is this as intended?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom