Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Keep playing. You'll get it right eventually.

scratchmonkey

Educated
desocupado - What are your hours like? I'm typically only around starting 2AM in your time zone during the weekdays, so that's probably too late. What's your weekend schedule like?

It'll be the battle of Somebody Has to Win. Unless of course we draw.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wow. This Blood Bowl league is boss! Days moving forward quickly. I like.

Anyway, I played Garm. I made some very bad plays in the first two-three turns, and Garm punished me splendidly for them. I personally think I made a very decent come-back attempt and I almost got there, but the last bit of luck failed me, sadly.

Anyway, good game Garm!

Garm

Learned
Wow. This Blood Bowl league is boss! Days moving forward quickly. I like.

Anyway, I played Garm. I made some very bad plays in the first two-three turns, and Garm punished me splendidly for them. I personally think I made a very decent come-back attempt and I almost got there, but the last bit of luck failed me, sadly.

Anyway, good game Garm!

The game was pretty close, and like a couple other games in the league I've been in, it was really only 2 or 3 rolls away from a completely different outcome. Honestly, if I didn't get those lucky pushes and a few armor breaks I think this game would have went the other way--since I was playing with a 2-3 man advantage for 90% of the game. During those last few turns I thought I completely screwed up and it was going to be 1-1...to be honest I deserved it for trying that ball pickup with the Skink at the end. All I can say is that it was a great match and I'm glad I got the reroll inducement.

And thanks for killing the catch skink rather than the ST or AG one.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
they-sent-me-to-the-benches-meme.jpg

:( GO AHEAD HAVE MORE FUN AND MAKE ME REGRET NOT JOINING THIS LEAGUE.

desocupado

Magister
desocupado - What are your hours like? I'm typically only around starting 2AM in your time zone during the weekdays, so that's probably too late. What's your weekend schedule like?

It'll be the battle of Somebody Has to Win. Unless of course we draw.

:) Hahaha, yeah.

Well. Weekend is fine for me at any time. Lemme check... You're GMT-7 (The hell you live, the middle of the pacific or something?), so it's 4 hours earlier for you than it is to me. Uh, how about saturday, around 17PM for me, 13PM for you?

scratchmonkey

Educated
desocupado -- Right on the edge of the Pacific, yeah. I'd prefer a little earlier in the day; I think that should be doable if that's the best time for you.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have validated Gravy's Guerillas vs. Grave Knight and moved Dead Money vs. Lyzyrd Skynyrd to MD #4 (it ws uploaded to MD #1).
Two matches left. deso and scratchmonkey are already on it, so let's make sure that hoverdog and grotsnik don't lag behinbd.

Garm

Learned
I have validated Gravy's Guerillas vs. Grave Knight and moved Dead Money vs. Lyzyrd Skynyrd to MD #4 (it ws uploaded to MD #1).
Two matches left. deso and scratchmonkey are already on it, so let's make sure that hoverdog and grotsnik don't lag behinbd.

Wow, we're flying through the matches. I'm just giving you guys a heads up though: I'll be out of town working until Monday. Just giving you guys a heads up in case we start MD #4 tomorrow or something.

scratchmonkey

Educated
Deso and I played and the match has been submitted.

We fucking tied, of course.

We both made horrible mistakes on offense that resulted in the other team scoring on the last turn of each half. Luck was pretty much evenly split as well as I couldn't get off a basic blitz in the first half and then flattened deso in the second.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Finished.
I played badly, made a couple serious mistakes. Fortunately, Cleve was there to save the day and sacked Morg the ballcarrier right before he could score. TITANIUM BONES!
Halflings can't defend, especially when their Morg is getting clawed to KO. However, I still managed to fuck things up and Deeproot nearly blitzed my ballcarrier, but he failed a single GFI. Then I scored. Nothing more happened, apart from injured and dead hobbits.

grotsnik

Arcane
I think it was six badly hurt and one dead halfling by the end - the first permanent casualty of the Team Of Ultimate Evil's bloody campaign. :salute:

More frustratingly, I had Morg within distance of the endzone, on the 7th turn, with three Treemen blocking off almost the entire Nurgle team and nobody else on the pitch; not only did all of hoverdog's players successfully dodge/GFI their way past as required, but one of them was able to knock Morg down on 1D. He was then KO-ed one turn into the second half; Deeproot fell over instead of taking out the exposed Beastman ball carrier who then scored, and when play started again with two turns to equalise, the halfling nearest to the ball got hit by a rock and the second nearest halfling fumbled it. My wizard achieved nothing, while my cookpot took away two re-rolls, total, that weren't even needed.

1-0. GG hoverdog; very butthurt me.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Played my game with Scratchmonkey. Scored two goals in first half, one by a saurus. For the second half I just defended. Not because I wanted to mind you, but because all my skinks decided they wanted to have a party in the dugout box instead of playing the game. And then... a yeti scored in his last turn. Then the game was ended with a proper foul.

Oh and there was a death on the enemy team, so that was cool too, even if it wasn't anyone important.

scratchmonkey

Educated
Jaedar and I have played and the replay has been submitted through BBM

2-1 to the lizardmen in a brutal match that finally involved a dead Norseman (RIP Ronnie James Frio) and the lizzies finished the game with no skinks on the pitch. It was looking like a shutout until the very end when I managed a pass from a regular lineman to Yheetee Malmsteen, who made a catch and then two GFIs to score on the final turn.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Are you guys taking new players and/or gonna be having another season soon?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Are you guys taking new players and/or gonna be having another season soon?
We're about halfway through the season right now.

Jaedar - scratchmonkey match has been validated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom