Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most anticipated Indie RPG of 2013

GuybrushWilco

Educated
Excluding the big two: Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns, which indie RPG scheduled for a 2013 release are you most excited about, if any?

I'm going with Underrail, since the setting intrigues me, and the gameplay is very reminiscent of Fallout 1 and 2, which is a big plus in my books :). I guess Age of Decadence might be a close second, or Avadon 2. There are not really any big publisher RPGs slated for next year, except maybe Dragon Age III, so I'm paying a lot of attention to the indie games. I would make a poll, but I'm sure that I would forget many games :).

Note that this isn't a list of all indie RPGs in the works, but which one people people are most looking forward to for the year 2013.

dragonbait

Augur
I really wish I could be exited for some new release of any new rpg. Unfortunatetly, there does not seem to be anything to peak my interest. Wake me up when Bard's Tale IV, or a new SSI style gold box game, or updated Wizardry or Might and Magic I or II style game comes to life.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Chaos Chronicles, Age of Decadence & Underrail, in that order.

You may say CC is not indie, but they are BROS, thus they get free pass. :salute:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't know if it has a 2013 release, but Dead State has me really intrigued.

I still need to play the Underrail demo :oops:

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Age of Decadence, Underrail, Dead State and Chaos Chronicles. No idea if those will be released next year, but I'm looking forward to them for sure.

I really wish I could be exited for some new release of any new rpg. Unfortunatetly, there does not seem to be anything to peak my interest. Wake me up when Bard's Tale IV, or a new SSI style gold box game, or updated Wizardry or Might and Magic I or II style game comes to life.

Have you checked out Sword and Sorcery: Underworld? It's extremely Might and Magicy.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Age of Decadence and Dead State assuming they actually manage to come out in 2013

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - The Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

Marsal

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
I want to spend the next 6 months (or so, it's not a deadline) being focused on nothing but the game and thoroughly enjoying each day. Yes, I'm well aware that the game probably won't sell a lot.
VD in six months:

zapp-wink.gif

Livonya

Augur
Patron
AoD and Dead State.

A lot of the other games looks good, but AoD will be good as the demo was good. So that is an easy pick.

Dead State is the one that I am most interested in as the setting is awesome, but time will tell how good it is.

Duckard

Augur
I think we had a similar thread a while back, but mostly AoD and Underrail. All in all, though, I'm looking forward to 2013 in general.

What about Swords and Sorcery: Underworld by our very own Charles-cgr? I know it's not upcoming, but just released isn't bad.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I think we had a similar thread a while back, but mostly AoD and Underrail. All in all, though, I'm looking forward to 2013 in general.

What about Swords and Sorcery: Underworld by our very own Charles-cgr? I know it's not upcoming, but just released isn't bad.

Charles IS now working on the second game (if I was reading his posts correctly). So technically you could say Swords and Sorcery: Underworld II: Electric Boogaloo. ;)

I'm half way though the first game so far. Good stuff.

GuybrushWilco

Educated
That Swords and Sorcery game looks interesting, and I think I'll check it out :). I'm also looking forward to Eschalon book 3, but mostly I want more details on Basalisk's upcoming scifi RPG :).

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Aside from the aforementioned games, Divnity: Original Sin is something I'm looking forward to.

fuzz

Liturgist
Dead State for RPing.
Dead Linger for LARPing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom