Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex: Eternity - What you get for your $$$

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The horsemen idea is much much more codexian than having a few r00fles! codex members.

I quite liked my Prosper the Golem (Turd Elemental) and Maximus (mondblut/minmaxers) in bright pink chestplate ideas.

:(

Also, in the small chance it ever reaches $5k, would it need to be six party members? You could probably cut out the Konami and Redner ones so that the remaining four horsemen of the decline could draw parallels with the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

EA = Conquest (self explanatory)
Game Journos = Famine (the industry is starved for quality journalism/writing)
Bethesda = War (is RPG Codex still censored on their forums?)
Herve = Death (killed Interplay BIS)

:thumbsup:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Donated.

I have no race, yet I must betray.

Also, everything is all detailed yet we have no description of the saddle... how about something on day-one DLC or a "online horse pass" whatever?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll say it again - saddle DRM. A curse that prevents you from transferring the saddle to another character.

Also, you should be able to find a way to refer to Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'll say it again - saddle DRM. A curse that prevents you from transferring the saddle to another character.
Cool, cursed items. BTW, we should ask someday if there will be cursed itens in P:E...

Also, you should be able to find a way to refer to Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC.
That's a bit overkill, no? People done that one to death, it was Oblivion's arrow to the knee...

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Just make it a loot drop when you kill Todd. Add an interesting item description if possible. Can't be dropped/moved and has a negative monetary value. Meaning that to get rid of it, you have to pay the merchant NPC. The horse armor was apparently 200 MS points. So, it's worth -200 gold or something.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just make it a loot drop when you kill Todd. Add an interesting item description if possible. Can't be dropped/moved and has a negative monetary value. Meaning that to get rid of it, you have to pay the merchant NPC. The horse armor was apparently 200 MS points. So, it's worth -200 gold or something.

Haha, great idea.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There should be a really difficult quest in order to get rid of the saddle. Also, you should be required to sacrifice a member of your party in order to get rid of it.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
We are never going to get 5K so it doesn't really matter.

We will if you decide to donate those 1000$ for that hot gay MCA fellatio

a_med_chris_artikel1.jpg

227071-chris_avellone2_super.jpg

W6axm.gif

rtFwQ.png

Project: Eternity
I think we should get an inn or something where a group of "modders" take the saddle and turn it into a magnificant item.

Vival

Augur
I think we should get an inn or something where a group of "modders" take the saddle and turn it into a magnificant item.

Right, you mean to improve the riding experience they glue some phallic spikes onto the saddle and give it a rather questionable paint job.

Desert Fish

Educated
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What if the sixth member left them many, many years ago to work on a brilliant saddle of his own design...

He is a giant, neanderthal-like humanoid wielding a meat cleaver...

(Of course, his saddle is still not complete, and he mostly talks about how the world is doomed and how exceptional he is.)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Sorry, but no money from me. I almost withdrew my KS pledge after hearing about cooldowns and loot tables.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Sorry, but no money from me. I almost withdrew my KS pledge after hearing about cooldowns and loot tables.
Infinitron and J_C, I concede defeat. More information from Obsidian is indeed, a bad and terrible thing. They'd have been better if every update had just been a reminder that Tim Cain is working on the project, coupled with a picture of Chris Avellone looking at the camera in a series of Zoolander "Blue Steel"-esque photoshoots.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Infinitron and J_C, I concede defeat. More information from Obsidian is indeed, a bad and terrible thing. They'd have been better if every update had just been a reminder that Tim Cain is working on the project, coupled with a picture of Chris Avellone looking at the camera in a series of Zoolander "Blue Steel"-esque photoshoots.
:brianfargo:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have no problem with this update.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Cooldowns are in? Fuck that. Yeah this is going to be just like the Infinity Engine games, sure.

MCA, Cain and Sawyer have fallen victim to Sick Boy's unifying theory of life:

Contrary to these other people who have a very strange way of donating IMO, I started with 20$ to get the game, and will up my pledge when good news comes. A mega-dungeon is certainly that type of news, but cooldowns? Definetely not upping the pledge unless they reveal something very, very good.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Changed mine from 35 to 5000 because of cooldowns. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom