Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The matchday was not moved forward (it is now). I suspect that was the source of the problem.

Welcome to MD #8.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I know. I even wanted to check the BBM and move the MD earlier, but something distracted me... ooh, shiny!

Garm

Learned
Hey, does anyone have the Chaos Edition yet? I'm installing now and I wanted to know how/if I can import my teams...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Crazy motherfucking game. Well worth a watch guys, I would watch this one if I was you. Some stats:

- Grunker only has 1 player left on the field when the game ends
- A total of six zombie casualties, with only five zombies actually in the game
- A total of seven player casualties (about 12 if you count the ones that regened)
- full of other really insane shit!

Scratchmonkey had some shitty luck, this must be said. Other than that, this game is why we play Blood Bowl, motherfuckers!

Replay: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3613210/Replay_2012-10-11_22-17-48.db

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Oh God... The ST4 ghoul rolled doubles... I sooooooo wanted Block...

nnnnngghghghg

Sure hands? Or get Wrestle and make him a ball sacker.

Sure Hands? Nononono. I have General access on normals. I can pick that up any time. Block is first in line if I pick a General skill. Without Block he is a suicide waiting to happen. But doubles man.

My plan WAS to make him a ball-carrier, meaning ST4 -> Block -> Sure Hands, but now I'm lost.

Garm

Learned
Aw yeah, I've got Chaos Edition running and still have all my teams.

Oh, and my Blodging Saurus leveled up apparently...what should his third skill be? I'm thinking Guard or Break Tackle...on one hand Guard would be great because he can stand up in the scrum just fine since he has blodge; but, break tackle would go great with dodge. Decisions decisions.

Garm

Learned

nnnnngghghghg

Sure Hands? Nononono. I have General access on normals. I can pick that up any time. Block is first in line if I pick a General skill. Without Block he is a suicide waiting to happen. But doubles man.

My plan WAS to make him a ball-carrier, meaning ST4 -> Block -> Sure Hands, but now I'm lost.

Ah, I was thinking that Sure Hands was a Pass skill for some reason. Well then, give him wrestle. You need to be able to deal with those ball carriers that have block.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Oh, and my Blodging Saurus leveled up apparently...what should his third skill be? I'm thinking Guard or Break Tackle...on one hand Guard would be great because he can stand up in the scrum just fine since he has blodge; but, break tackle would go great with dodge. Decisions decisions.

Is he an assister/man marker or your primary/secondary blitzer?

In the last case, he really calls for Break Tackle. In the first, I'd get guard if you're lacking some Guard. AFAIR your team is pretty new right?

However getting that first Sauri with Break Tackle is pretty sweet. No more random zombaaahs or other worthless scum will tie him down!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

nnnnngghghghg

Ah, I was thinking that Sure Hands was a Pass skill for some reason. Well then, give him wrestle. You need to be able to deal with those ball carriers that have block.

I'm not sure letting this guy fall to the ground is a prudent move ;)

He is either a ball-carrier or a blitzer, I think. He would be a great ball-sacker, you are right, if not for AV7 and the huge important (i.e. I can't just sack the ball and let the opponent kill him).

Captain Shrek

nnnnngghghghg

:troll:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Give him Juggernaut and then Strip Ball. :P

Also: replay.

Crazy motherfucking game. Well worth a watch guys, I would watch this one if I was you. Some stats:

- Grunker only has 1 player left on the field when the game ends
- A total of six zombie casualties, with only five zombies actually in the game
- A total of seven player casualties (about 12 if you count the ones that regened)
- full of other really insane shit!

Scratchmonkey had some shitty luck, this must be said. Other than that, this game is why we play Blood Bowl, motherfuckers!

Replay: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3613210/Replay_2012-10-11_22-17-48.db

;)

I think maybe scratchmonkey is uploading to BBManager?

scratchmonkey

Educated
MicoSelva -- There's a dropbox link in Grunker's post.

If you need it submitted to BBM, let me know and I'll do it -- it's been reset, so I'll have to fast-forward through the replay; I'll do it later today if needed.

Garm

Learned

Is he an assister/man marker or your primary/secondary blitzer?

In the last case, he really calls for Break Tackle. In the first, I'd get guard if you're lacking some Guard. AFAIR your team is pretty new right?

However getting that first Sauri with Break Tackle is pretty sweet. No more random zombaaahs or other worthless scum will tie him down!

My team isn't new, you must be thinking of Jaedar's--all my Sauri are level 2 except the blodger an a rookie; and I have a +AG and a +ST skink. And yes I am lacking Guard...I have none since I gave my Krox Stand Firm (which has been decent so far). Break Tackle would be great...but I already have a Saurus with wrestle and the +ST skink, plus another Saurus with Break Tackle. My main blitzer is whoever is closest to the ball :)

He is either a ball-carrier or a blitzer, I think. He would be a great ball-sacker, you are right, if not for AV7 and the huge important (i.e. I can't just sack the ball and let the opponent kill him).

Two things:

1.) He'll die sooner or later anyway, might as well get the most use possible out of him.

2.) He probably (shouldn't if you position players right) won't be in an assisted foul area at all.

Garm

Learned
khorne daemons look fucking terrible. bloodthirster has st5? what a joke, fucking greater daemon is as strong as a troll
av7 on the bloodletters

GW what have you done

Game balance >>>>>> Fluff bullshit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom