Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

War of the Roses is a turd (for now)

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
So, had this one pre-ordered and it was a fucking stupid idea.

Engine seems to be badly optimised. Yeah, I have a shitty rig, but it manages to run most of the new shit with decent frame rates.

Servers have become a massive clusterfuck at the moment. Think Diablo 3 clusterfuck. There are constant lags, disconnects and this kind of bullshit.

Not sure about gameplay, because this thing is fucking unplayable at the moment. Will report later, but I expect to ask Gabe for a refund if nothing changes.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
So, had this one pre-ordered and it was a fucking stupid idea.

Engine seems to be badly optimised. Yeah, I have a shitty rig, but it manages to run most of the new shit with decent frame rates.

Servers have become a massive clusterfuck at the moment. Think Diablo 3 clusterfuck. There are constant lags, disconnects and this kind of bullshit.

Not sure about gameplay, because this thing is fucking unplayable at the moment. Will report later, but I expect to ask Gabe for a refund if nothing changes.

I couldn't even find servers, but tried the single-player battles and boy does the fighting suck with melee weapons.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
It will be a turd for as long as it doesn't have proper single player.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like it :love: It's a nice fighting game. I love that armour actually protects you from damage, but you can be still one-hit-killed if hit in a weak spot.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Looks much better than WotR. Might actually be a decent multiplayer alternative for Mount & Blade.

WotR unfortunately isn't one, at least that's my first impression. It's much too popamole for my taste. Not to mention that it lags as hell, which turns all fights into awesome-button fests where everyone just spams their attacks without any thought whatsoever.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What a shocker. Was painfully obvious months ago. First off, it's Fat Shark so that should have raised an eyebrow at least. Then you have multi-player only, the finishing moves, vanity gear, etc.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
"Failure to launch" is basically every Fatshark game in a nutshell. Good ideas, sloppy execution on basically all fronts, ideas that are under-developed. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Shame, really. They usually do have good ideas. Also boggles me why they insist on using DX10+ engines exclusively. Seems like most of their games end up poorly optimized, anyway.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
So, guys, anyone has some experience with asking the God Gaben for a refund? What should I write to get my potato back?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Does this game have siege warfare? And what is the player limit?

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
No sieges. Player limit seems to be set up at 64.

Things I find annoying so far:

Executions and reviving fallen comrades. It might look cool, but it's fucking annoying. Instakills are far too rare, so you need to execute every guy you knock down. Reviving anyone takes like 2 seconds, so if you fight against three guys, you it's almost guaranteed that they'll revive themselves ad nauseam.

There's a mechanic which allows team mates to spawn randomly next to team mates, which is fucking aggravating. You fight against a guy and bam, next one spawns next to him.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That won't be any good, either. Re: refunds. You aren't going to get one unless they game just flat out doesn't work.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Age of Chivalry is terrible crap, I'd rather play Oblivion and collect flowers.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Fucking Steam won't give my potato back. Fucking thieves. I'm going to sue their asses in Hague. Not only I've lost my money but I'll have this turd on my game list forever. Fuck.

KidBoogie

Learned
Really frustrating, war of the roses does a lot of stuff better than mount and blade but for every good thing it does it fucks something else up. If the devs would just fix a few things it would be great, but that would require fundamental changes that probably should have happened in beta.

btw is the new chivalry game's melee combat different from the first game? I remember it being pretty boring

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Well, it would be pretty decent with better netcode and some sort of realism mode without all the bullshit present in the current game modes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom