Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pool Of Radiance 2 Display problem

FeelTheRads

Arcane
U0vHd.jpg

The fuck is that shit? Windows 7 64bit, Nvidia, game updated to latest patch. Can get rid of it by Alt-tabbing but it comes back after a while so it's annoying.

Edit: Nvm, fixxored.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What the fuck is Pool of Radiance 2? Ruins of Myth Drannor? Terrible.

DemonKing

Arcane
Honestly - this game is not worth wasting time on - the vast majority of it is huge identical-looking dungeon levels and there is no character customisation. Uninstall now and save yourself some bother.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Try turning off hardware accelleration.
I would have been fine with PoR2 if you got to choose your feats yourself...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
No game is better than NWN therefore I know you lie.

But, here's a hint: SOZ, AP, and DS3 are all better than POR2. L0LZ

Morkar Left

Would have been good with feat and skill selection plus splitting up your party (or at least let your rogue scout the area in advance). Waisted opportunity.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
I have to say, I finished POR2 and enjoyed it.

Yes, there are some silly aspects to it.

But I simply prefer turn based game play for party based games, and I enjoyed playing POR2 far more than I did NWN for example. Hell, I spent more time with POR2 then I did with Dragon Age. Dragon Age might technically be a "better" game but I loathe the combat engine and never could finish it because my distaste for it became far too palpable.

POR2 isn't an amazing game by any stretch of the imagination, but it isn't nearly as terrible as people make it out to be.

I would say give it a chance. If you find that you like it then good for you, and if you don't then it won't be any more disappointing than playing any of the modern AAA titles that came out in the last 15 years.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hey, Livonya, you wouldn't want to make a patch to increase the movement speed, would you?

Livonya

Augur
Patron
Hey, Livonya, you wouldn't want to make a patch to increase the movement speed, would you?

Beyond my skills.

I was never that annoyed by the speed, though it is true that some battles would take some time to watch all the skeletons or what not move.

I didn't use it, but I seem to remember there being some sort of mod that speeds up the movement. But maybe my memory is wrong. It has been at least 8 to 10 years since I played this game.

Might be worth searching for.

Thrasher

Erudite
I need to replay this sometime. It'll be a good check on nostalgic memories vs. reality.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Yes, there are some silly aspects to it."

Silly? The game is unpure shit. Garbage of epic proportions. There is NOT one good thing about POR2. Not one thing.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
"Yes, there are some silly aspects to it."

Silly? The game is unpure shit. Garbage of epic proportions. There is NOT one good thing about POR2. Not one thing.

I would agree with you if we lived in an alternative world where a few really good turn based RPGs came out every year.

But in our world a turn based RPG comes out almost never.

Thus, since I have generally been starved for decent turn based RPGs I enjoyed the meal that POR2 offered.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Actually, after some contemplation, I realise I actually prefer it when the characters develop themselves. I'm there to oversee that the plot progresses and to establish tactics for combat, not to develop a character. The characters should establish and evolve themselves organically within whatever framework was created.

Inb4 assburger can't into imagination. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom