Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
2.) He probably (shouldn't if you position players right) won't be in an assisted foul area at all.

wat

A ballsacker does nothing but be in assisted foul areas. You dodge him onto the ball, sometimes negative 2D blocking with three guys around you.

Anyway, I'm still considering. I need both a carrier and a sacker after all...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Huh? Are you kidding me? Of course not. It's a fundamentally luck-based game with teams bound in playing-style and flavour, not in fucking competitive balance. And that's without even mentioning "gag" teams and the fact that "Game Balance" is an extremely misunderstood and misused term today.

Blood Bowl. Balanced. Hah.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think Blood Bowl is very well balanced for a game as unbalanced and random as it is. It could use a few tweaks here and there, though.

edit: I uploaded Grunker vs. scratchmonkey replay to BBM.

scratchmonkey

Educated
Looking over the Khorne team, they don't seem unbalanced at all. They'll be very tricky to play as a new team as all that Frenzy + 3 ST + no Block means a lot of burning through rerolls and you'll have to work hard on positioning to keep your team in a coherent formation. Not to mention that the entire team is pretty slow and there's no ball-carrying ability either. The Bloodletters will probably be the stars of the team once you get them developed, as they have Agility and Strength skills -- Regen and an apothecary should keep them alive even with an AV 7.

Passing skill access on the Linemen is a little weird; it's not like it'll be that useful with AG 3 though.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No Slaan? :(

And why the hell didn't they add Chaos Pact? It would have been easy to implement.

grotsnik

Arcane
I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, but the story everyone seems to be repeating is that GW nixed Slaan. Because, you know, the fluff.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Actually, it was not an issue of fluff but rather that GW does not make Slaan miniatures, therefore no profit for them.

No idea why there is no Chaos Pact, though.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
All the new teams look crap so I won't be getting chaos edishun.

desocupado

Magister
Me and Grotty played. He probably uploaded the replay to the dropbox thing by now.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
In an absurdly one-sided affair, the Decliners massacred guerrilas 4-0, killing a gutter and injuring both Morg (for the second time this season) and the rat ogre. both todd and gaydar inflicted enough casualties to level up.

Garm

Learned
Actually, it was not an issue of fluff but rather that GW does not make Slaan miniatures, therefore no profit for them.

No idea why there is no Chaos Pact, though.

It was both actually. As for Chaos Pact, GW said to include Khorne instead and that they had to be sort of a bridge between a couple "tiers".

Garm

Learned
Huh? Are you kidding me? Of course not. It's a fundamentally luck-based game with teams bound in playing-style and flavour, not in fucking competitive balance. And that's without even mentioning "gag" teams and the fact that "Game Balance" is an extremely misunderstood and misused term today.

Blood Bowl. Balanced. Hah.

True on those counts, but it still has some degree of balance...people that are pissed about Khorne wanted like every daemon to have ST5 and shit...although I did like the ST4 AG2 idea for Heralds...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm pissed about Khorne, but that's because it's a dead boring race. Once you get over the all-frenzy gimmick it gets old fast. The best teams with "one gimmick" like that are either big fun to play and viable (Amazon) or have some positionals that works outside the gimmick (Norse).

:)

EDIT: Also, plz reply to MicoSelva's question about when you can play, Garm

Garm

Learned
I uploaded matches to BBM and validated hoverdog vs. Country_Gravy massacre.

Garm good little toastboy . Your match is the last one. Any thoughts on when You can play?

Sorry, didn't see when this message...must have been when I was typing one of mine. Anyway, me and Toastboy will have our game done on Wednesday...or possibly tomorrow if he has the time.

Garm

Learned
I'm pissed about Khorne, but that's because it's a dead boring race. Once you get over the all-frenzy gimmick it gets old fast. The best teams with "one gimmick" like that are either big fun to play and viable (Amazon) or have some positionals that works outside the gimmick (Norse).

:)

EDIT: Also, plz reply to MicoSelva's question about when you can play, Garm

Yeah they are kind of boring. I really think they should change the heralds to 4ST 2AG or decrease the cost of everyone except the big guy...as it is they simply aren't that viable of a team.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Again, you're arguing the strength of the team. I don't really care much about that. I do care that they become boring to play fast though, and having some funky positionals that weren't just another take on a frenzy-dude would help that alot.

Garm

Learned
Me and Toastboy played our match, uploaded to BBM. I had two MNG injuries and my level 3 Saurus died :(

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I won't be home for at least 90 more minutes. Maybe Grunker can validate Your game earlier (and move the matchday).

What about the replay? Uploaded?

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
1.) He'll die sooner or later anyway, might as well get the most use possible out of him.

2.) He probably (shouldn't if you position players right) won't be in an assisted foul area at all.

Me and Toastboy played our match, uploaded to BBM. I had two MNG injuries and my level 3 Saurus died :(

Self fulfilling prophecy.

I was pretty lucky to score in the 2nd half though. Fucking halfling chef again took three rerolls off me and I only needed the one I still had left on my final turn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom