Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

MetalCraze

Arcane
Finally - a Dwarf Fortress made for humans

Outside:

C0D8E1380248F6C44EED7CDF2174DC68DF484ED3

1st floor (living quarters, kitchen with related workbenches and storage rooms):

982CDE1306A1E45E4ACF67AFF70FF3F4499662ED

This game did a real breakthrough. It's 2D, isometric and it has zoom function. As we know from the Inquisitor thread never before 2D games had zoom and suitable interfaces for high resolutions.

5C6548820174E57EB3AB8AF63DC63A0CF92E6F04

2nd floor (metal and stone works):

9762A4AE26078B60362781CE9F845ADE60F6BCFB

Searching for and digging up precious resources

2475E68F91ACB144FD23E9BDE20126C6BDFC4703

Some combat. A nicely equipped goblin intruder. I had only copper armor and weapons before I took some iron weapons from his dead body.

3DDCCF60585DC71EEE214E7EBF57B26672BD79CE

Multi-headed Cow

Press Any Key

:mca:

Finally - a Dwarf Fortress made for humans
What the fuck is this popamole decline bullshit? In Dwarf Fortress your dwarfs will use cover intelligently and crawl under cars and fire at you and the whole thing is dynamic. NICE FACE-HIGH WALLS YOU GOT THERE SKYWAY. MAYBE YOU WANT SOME QUEST MARKERS TO SHOW YOU WHERE TO DIG? A GUI TO GO WITH THOSE SPRITES? YOU DISGUST ME.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You should call yourself BLOOMWOLF.

No...

gw005.jpg

Answer the call, it's time to raid...
gw013.jpg

We slaughtered those foolish enough to stand in our way, until...

gw014.jpg

Motherfucking jumping puzzle in MMORPG.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You guys best be donating at least an equal amount to Toady as you pay for Gnomoria.

Konjad, MetalCraze
I donated to DF a few times about $5. I bought Gnomoria for $5. Someday I'll probably donate again to Toady or Gnomoria dev or both when I'll have some more money I can give. I don't know why you're mad, though. Both games are good and I like them both. There's few games like that and I'm happy DF is not the only good game within that "genre". If someone would like Gnomoria and dislike DF or the other way around I would understand them pretty well. You, however, seem to be prejudiced to a new thing just because it's new?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apart from that Toady is a tard who adds a lot of new features, but doesn't fix the known issues. In DF you have pretty much auto-win if you build a good wall around your fortress and then game becomes shit because there's no thing that could possibly be a threat to your dwarfs on a larger scale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom