Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Seriously, Auschwitz?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Somebody needs to create a tumblr page where codexers can go cry about how words hurt their first worldian feelings

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
both are dumb
So's your chosen custom title "WEAVER OF GAY HOMOBASKETS". Why is it ok for you to make fun of homosexuals? Why is that "funny"?
so this was all just a cunning plan to get a free homobasket weaving demonstration was it

why won't you pay for a gay homobasket like everybody else? Why do you hate capitalism?
Again, why is this "joke" acceptable?
1. It's not presented on the front page of the forum; context
2. In combination with my "DONGS" avatar and "MASTURBATING AND WEEPING" location, I present an absurd/surreal persona instead of a shock value "LOL HOLOCAUST" one; a proper comparison would be if my avatar/location were normal and my custom title was "fag slayer"
3. I weave really fucking nice homobaskets
4. You're not getting one

Esquilax

Arcane
Tastelessness aside, the real problem is that the joke just isn't funny. Forget whether it's tasteful/distasteful/whatever, it's lame because its got no value beyond the shock of "LOL HOLOCAUST" There's no depth to it - it's popamole humour, if you will. This isn't exactly George Carlin talking about rape here:

My point is, you can make a good joke about any subject, no matter how taboo it is, as long as you deliver it and structure it properly. But the Auschwitz thing is just shitty toilet humour for morons to laugh at. It's hack shit that even Dane Cook could come up with. It's fucking pathetic, Anne Frankely, I think we can do a lot better.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The name was changed and a global crisis was averted. Nothing to see here people. Go home.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The name was changed and a global crisis was averted. Nothing to see here people. Go home.
You know, if I has relatives being waterboarded without trial in some hell hole on Fidel's doorstep, I'd still be pretty mad. Lucky them ragheads don't have that good PR, eh?

PS Joke's still not funny.

Cassidy

Arcane

In before Andhaira Mother Russia starting a thread complaining the new name is extremely offensive to Arabs and Muslism.

I suggest allowing it to show up if that happens.

racofer

Thread Incliner
ITT we witness the effectiveness of Zionist brainwashing techniques among the general internet population. A marvelous sight, from a scientific point of view.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
anyone who thinks the holocaust was bad/happened/whatever is a zionist!!! I'm here all week folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiresome people. The weaver of gay homobaskets thinks you are childish. Think about that.

See, this is why being an admin is worth it after all. A normal user gets butthurt about a donation drive, people laugh at him and poke him with sticks. DU gets butthurt about a donation drive, he names a subforum something offensive and forces a bunch of users to partake in his analpain.

Also, does anyone else finds it disturbing that changing the name to that of a place where terrible things happen in the present most likely won't generate as much discomfort as giving it the name of a place where terrible things happened decades ago

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
As someone who hates Nazi's but really digs the old wehrmacht and many German officers.....I could care less! It's just funny how the people who are pro-Auschwitz forum are more retarded than the people who can do without it. I say keep the forum, but place the stupid posters in there and quarantine them. You could do all sorts of...crazy experiments. :)

Cassidy

Arcane
Also, does anyone else finds it disturbing that changing the name to that of a place where terrible things happen in the present most likely won't generate as much discomfort as giving it the name of a place where terrible things happened decades ago

Christians-march-600x450.jpg

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
So explain why a "Race Traitor" tag is ok and acceptable, but naming a forum "Auschwitz" isn't.

What makes you think I thought Race Traitor was acceptable to begin with?

Have you asked MCA how he feels about drawing custom avatars for those with a Race Traitor tag who get the privilege of posting in a subforum named Auschwitz?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Isn't it either all offensive, or none of it is offensive?

No.
So, again, why is one offensive and the other one isn't?

1. It's not presented on the front page of the forum; context
So the line is drawn at "what's on the front page"... Where we've had the "Race Traitor" tag in a stickied news item for the last week. Openly touting that "if you donate, you'll get this".

2. In combination with my "DONGS" avatar and "MASTURBATING AND WEEPING" location, I present an absurd/surreal persona
IE: It's dumb. Which was your initial argument against the forum name.

instead of a shock value "LOL HOLOCAUST" one; a proper comparison would be if my avatar/location were normal and my custom title was "fag slayer"
Where's the shock value though? Who here is really "shocked"? You yourself said it was "just dumb", not shocking. Walker called it "just plain stupid".

So is it just dumb, like your stuff, or is it shocking? And if it's shocking, where are all the shocked people?

So explain why a "Race Traitor" tag is ok and acceptable, but naming a forum "Auschwitz" isn't.
What makes you think I thought Race Traitor was acceptable to begin with?
You complained about Auschwitz but not the Race Traitor tag.

Have you asked MCA how he feels about drawing custom avatars for those with a Race Traitor tag who get the privilege of posting in a subforum named Auschwitz?
Do I need to? His trolls have nothing to do with it. And I'm constantly surprised at the "we better not defend the developers!" attitude that a lot of people seem to have at the Codex. Have you asked him how he feels about all the "gay fag" jokes on the Codex?

Disturbing? No. Hypocritical? Yes. No-one seems to be able to explain the difference.

LundB

Mistakes were made.

It's a good thing he didn't change the name to a place where terrible things happen then.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
It's a shit idea, and DU will eventually be forced to see it like the button parade issue.

Unless he has drawn a line in the sand in defending shit ideas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom