Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your Equipment/Weapon Idea?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I personally am going for 'Lord Paco's Codpiece of Vigor' (+2 Endurance, Belt Slot).

What have other people thought of?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You may suggest your ideas to Obsidian, but the final say is theirs, obviously.

I'm gonna suggest a Crooked Bee Bow. :)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I WILL ONLY GET A TEXT MENTION BUT I HOPE I CAN BECOME PROJECT ETERNITY'S MOSES OR SOMETHING :):)

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I get the $100 reward, with which I want to be part of the lore for a bottle of wine or spirits one of the party members is carrying.

:martini:

Donaroriak

Augur
Project: Eternity
Clearly a monocle adding to intelligence and/or perception (or equivalents). Also a multi-headed spear or club.

Or are those too literal? :troll:

denizsi

Arcane
Reserving a grimoire in my name (unless we go for an epic item and make that a Codex Grimoire since we raised more than $8000) and its backstory. Let Obsidian fill it with whatever spells they see fit. Haven't yet decided what else I want. Wish I knew whether a grimoire counted as an item or a piece of equipment. I hope it's the former.

To get variations on your preferred name:
http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/advanced.html

update: I think a grimoire will be a standard item ($150) because magic stuff will have its own interface and I think the option to switch grimoires will be handled through it so you won't need to "equip" a grimoire on the body like a piece of equipment. If that will be the case, I'll go for a longsword + grimoire + item lore for either, most likely the sword.

I won't need a copy of the game from the Codex, by the way.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I want a drinking horn which never runs out of beer healing potion.

MCA
I was actually thinking the same thing. A drinking horn. You beat me to it. But personal items will be standard (non-epic) items.

Oh wait, I didn't even donate to warrant anything. I'm only here by courtesy of oldmanpaco's ten dorrars. :troll:

Belt of Gender Changing. :M

The Moleslayer (some sort of bow or crossbow possibly, or even better a gun if they have em)

The Declinator (magical greatsword, drains intelligence on hit)

Monocle of Inclination (increases intelligence)

Executer

Phrenologist
I was actually thinking the same thing. A drinking horn. You beat me to it. But personal items will be standard (non-epic) items.

Oh wait, I didn't even donate to warrant anything. I'm only here by courtesy of oldmanpaco's ten dorrars. :troll:

Your reverse psychology Obsidian shilling has worked wonders, I almost upped my pledge until I realised what you were up to :troll:

P.S. oldmanpaco I'd change the item name to start with Don Paco, rather than Lord Paco.

titus

Arcane
Patron
So you guys want to add something that actually helps the player? Why not "cursed" items, like an uber-damage gun with extremely low aim, etc(with respect to the game's mechanics). Helping the player is no fun!

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I actually have a little problem with the items apart from my complete lack of imagination,my forum name is after a character from the Ravenloft setting which is owned by WoTC,I am not sure Obsidian would accept Azalin's Crown of Gender Changing without having copyright problems:avatard:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It would be nice to see The Codex of Infinite Wisdom in the game. Just saying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom