Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information New Codex Eternity Rewards: In-game Presence, Chris Avellone Trolls and Signatures

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Or maybe both if Codex reach 10k? Should we dream the impossible dream? :P

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
OK OK! Where the fuck do i Unload of my social security scam?!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd actually prefer a tavern.

So would I. Fuck, let's badger DU to move it to a tavern! It would actually make more sense and be less jarring to have the names of Codexers carved into tables and on plaques of remembrance in a tavern. Also a proper location will more likely be come across and noticed than some circlejerk trashmob.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Actually what would be cool is to have a tavern and then have a codex party upstairs that just insults you and attacks like those guys in BG2.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm sure the fine folks at Obsidian could be convinced to give a little more than just the adventuring party, since the donation drive is well past the 5k mark at this point. A tavern with a troll living in the basement with the stories of the brave adventurers (donators) who went to try to slay it and met their gruesome and comic deaths carved into the walls. Yes, that sounds appropriate.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well right now we can afford a tavern and 3 single NPC's that can be made as part of a group so we have a 'party' for the tavern anyway!
Yeah, that would be the best way to go: 5k for the tarvern and whatever else we get (probably another 3.5-4k) would go for a smaller (and meaner) party.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
I'd actually prefer a tavern.

But how are we going to translate our rewards (weapons, equipment, etc.) into something tavern-related? That'd only complicate things.

Personally I like the party idea better.

Well we can afford 3 NPC's as it is. Before the end we might make it to 4. How big was this party going to be? 6 people? That's only 2 sets of equipment and weapons that will have to be converted to a tavern setting. They could be found in a locked chest or rather than being a scroll on a dead body, they are a plaque on the wall.

I'd rather effectively have TWO things: a tavern and a slightly smaller party than a party and NPC's(which amount to the same thing).

deus101

OK...53 dollars and 99 pennies.

If I could I'd donate for the full shebang!

Prosit!

Edit:

Did i mention Im a bit of an OCD :smug:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Maybe it should be the other way around: a full-blown party + a smaller location where they hang out. Personally I'd prefer something like that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Repeating myself:

I disagree. The party of adventurers tier was made especially for forum communities. We can't give that up. Do you want there to be a SomethingAwful party or a NeoGAF party but no Codex party? :decline:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Well I don't care infinitron. You want there to be a Gamebanshee tavern and not RPGCodex one???? Huh? HUH???

I think a proper tavern can have a lot more 'Codexian' stuff and lore tied to it rather than bizarrely trying to cram the names of a hundred Codexers on some scrolls held by a glorified trash mob. It can have MCA trolls as part of the architecture FFS!

deus101

There should be an Evil Tavern, that could be wiped out...(alot of people wants that to happen so lets indulge them.)

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
As cool as a tavern would be, I do think the donation drive was started with a certain objective and set of rewards, and changing them at the 11th hour is probably not the best idea.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
As cool as a tavern would be, I do think the donation drive was started with a certain objective and set of rewards, and changing them at the 11th hour is probably not the best idea.

But that was because some fucks took all the tavern spots pretty early on and we had nothing to aspire to apart from the party. I daresay we would have got both by now if the Tavern was 'open' as an option earlier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom