Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League

scratchmonkey

Educated
Me and Country Gravy have played and the replay has been uploaded to BBM. Required viewing for sadists only.

Got my first victory of the league as things went bad almost immediately for Gravy, with a Gutter Runner failing a Dodge on the first turn, followed by a torrent of KOs and casualties. At one point in the second half, he had zero players on the pitch.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got my first victory of the league as things went bad almost immediately for Gravy, with a Gutter Runner failing a Dodge on the first turn, followed by a torrent of KOs and casualties. At one point in the second half, he had zero players on the pitch.
Ha ha ha! :troll:

grotsnik

Arcane
The game just skips past your turns until your opponent scores and you have a chance to bring some players back on, I think.

Captain Shrek, I'm around this weekend if you are!

scratchmonkey

Educated
Yeah, you just play passing your turns (I think you could still cast a wizard if you had one) until the other player scores, at which point you see if any of your KOed dudes show up. In this case, three of them did.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Well, I had the second game-breaking bug in this tournament during our game with Garm. I received, couldn't swap my players off/on the field (thankfully without much disadvantage), scored in 7th turn. To my amazement, when I was to place my guys on defence, I noticed that I actually have all 12 my guys on the field! :MNothing happened during those few turns; when the second half started, I still had twelve players playing. I was going to make one rotter stand in the corner doing nothing. This didn't come to be, however, because after my kick-off the game froze in a strange way - as if it was my turn to do something - but I couldn't do anything, not even bring the options panel. We had to alt+f4 our match, which will be played again on Monday, I hope.

fucking cyanide.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MicoSelva: Replay: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3613210/Replay_2012-10-21_13-59-30.db

BB.jpg

So... I hear Ogres are squishy motherfuckers?

The game actually ended 1-1 because I a) forgot to blitz my ball-carrier in the first half and b) got greedy in the second and wanted to level-up my Flesh Golem, who of course fails to pick-up rolls.

Then he gets MVP :lol:

Oh, and he rolled 11. +AG Flesh Golem?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm attending a family funeral and I won't be able to do anything bloodbowly (validate matches, upload replays) until at least tomorrow evening.

grotsnik

Arcane
Khemri/Halflings played and uploaded to Dropbox!

The Halfling Master Chef really kicked in to bite CS - 2 re-rolls lost in the first half, 3 in the second. I managed to sneak a 'fling around the lumbering mummies in the first half to run in a touchdown; in the second half, two of my treemen were taken out by rioting fans, but the third break-tackled his way onto the ball-carrier; CS tried to get free but the ball ended up with one of my halflings, who scurried madly forwards into the opposition half, only to be knocked down. CS had the men and the access to score but his inagile players and lack of rerolls meant he spent those vital last few turns chasing the ball around on the ground. Final score 1-0, only one injury (and even that was Badly Hurt, boo).

Barring a miscarriage of justice miracle, it doesn't look like the Team of Ultimate Evil will be making it to the play-offs, so thanks to everyone for a great league, and especially thanks to Mico for doing such an absolutely stand-up job running it. Good show, old boy. :salute:

scratchmonkey

Educated
Barring a miscarriage of justice miracle, it doesn't look like the Team of Ultimate Evil will be making it to the play-offs, so thanks to everyone for a great league, and especially thanks to Mico for doing such an absolutely stand-up job running it. Good show, old boy. :salute:

Seconded. Er, thirded. Looking forward to potential future seasons.

Garm

Learned
Well, me and hoverdog played. Replay is on BBM. It did not go nearly as well as expected...

...It went even better than expected! 1-1 Draw with no injuries except for two BH :kfc:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom