Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Unwanted

HardDeck

Dumbfuck!!
I would love this to get 5 million because it is a title that deserves it. We have in-game trailers and ingame play already but the game is struggling to get 1 mil in 1st week.

W2 and PE without a single ingame screenshot raised over 3 mil. It makes no sense, is it an indication that there are more RPG fans than space fans or people are just retarded and will put money on blind faith rather than actual facts ?

Unwanted

HardDeck

Dumbfuck!!
NOT AN MMO !

Is Star Citizen an MMO?
No! Star Citizen will take the best of all possible worlds, ranging from a permanent, persistent world similar to those found in MMOs to an offline, single player campaign like those found in the Wing Commander series. The game will include the option for private servers, like Freelancer, and will offer plenty of opportunities for players who are interested in modding the content. Unlike many games, none of these aspects is an afterthought: they all combine to form the core of the Star Citizen experience.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I would love this to get 5 million because it is a title that deserves it. We have in-game trailers and ingame play already but the game is struggling to get 1 mil in 1st week.

W2 and PE without a single ingame screenshot raised over 3 mil. It makes no sense, is it an indication that there are more RPG fans than space fans or people are just retarded and will put money on blind faith rather than actual facts ?
Bad PR. That's all it is. He fucked up with the website and it not being on kickstarter, that right there is the service that allows the exchange of funds. When a consumer can't throw money they will not.

kaizoku

Arcane
"Why not using Kickstarter ?" everyone is asking.

Because not every game have to be kickstarted. It's a bit sad, really, that we have come to assume this in this day and age.

KS is the crowdfunding de facto.

Haters gonna hate, but that's the way it rolls.

People don't like registering for each fucking site, and like to have things centralized.
steam vs gog, anyone?
Most also like the mindless chatting and the trill of the chase. Check out some of the people there... 20, 30 and even more backed projects!

He dumbfucked by not going KS.
Hopefully he'll do that when his own solo attempt reaches the deadline.

Also, the fact is space games have a very small crowd IMO.

The more of you it pisses off, the more it pisses me off too, although I am already pissed off.

Now really... - as someone said - obviously it's true he has no idea of the internet and then wants to make a MMO. Is this a joke or what? And then he thinks he can produce a MMO with just a couple of people "only hiring as they need them, that's why it not cost that much" says the webpage... lol. It took him 1 year to produce a short demo, and within 1,5 years he thinks he can produce a full-fletched epic singleplayer campaign and 1 year later, the MMO is finished. Yea... sure. That's like the naive thought of a 12 year old, when he first jumps into a game engine forum.

"cobbler, stick to your shoes"... it would probably be better if he just sticked to the SP part of the game... at least it'd be more reliable.
Have you ever had a job?

Getting a working demo is maybe 1/3 of the work. Most of the projects don't reach the beach.
Also, this wasn't just doing a demo. It was coming under a rock and get a whole business rolling.

So PE will make a game out of nowhere in 18 months, and he, with a working engine, isn't able to do it in 18 months?
You dumbfuck much?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
It makes no sense, is it an indication that there are more RPG fans than space fans or people are just retarded and will put money on blind faith rather than actual facts ?

Or it is an indication that you should use kickstarter for the next time and not some shitty self-created platform that was almost for a week disfunctional.

Unwanted

HardDeck

Dumbfuck!!
Or it is an indication that you should use kickstarter for the next time and not some shitty self-created platform that was almost for a week disfunctional.

If someone knows about the game, knows the site address and like space sims and would like to play this and pledge i see no problem in registering on his site and paying. No random people on kickstarter will pledge if they don't like this kind of games anyway.

Saying that kickstarter is the only place to pay is pretty much retarded.

titus

Arcane
Patron
If someone knows about the game, knows the site address and like space sims and would like to play this and pledge i see no problem in registering on his site and paying. No random people on kickstarter will pledge if they don't like this kind of games anyway.
Saying that kickstarter is the only place to pay is pretty much retarded.

But it is the only place at this moment. It doesn't need to be though. The thing is that they have the infrastructure, the media coverage and the visitors for this kind of thing. Most people that visit kickstarter are looking to support one project or another. So until there will be another overhyped website that allows crowdfunding, kickstarter is pretty much the only serious place. Just compare IndieGoGo with kickstarter. IGG's biggest project is around 1,4 millions. That's small compared to the kind of money that Kickstarter projects get.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Also, seems like a good place to point people towards Evochron Mercenary -- I believe it's made by one guy and he's working on some expansion content that will introduce capitol ships, etc. Oh, there's also multi-player without any pay schemes.

kaizoku

Arcane
Also, seems like a good place to point people towards Evochron Mercenary -- I believe it's made by one guy and he's working on some expansion content that will introduce capitol ships, etc. Oh, there's also multi-player without any pay schemes.

StarWraith 3D Games LLC is an independant game company that has been developing PC space-sims since 1999. It is primarily the effort of one person who enjoys the space combat genre and wants to help keep the game theme alive by creating unique and enjoyable first person perspective 3D space games.

About the Developer
I have been creating space combat games for over 25 years (since 4-color CGA graphics were common and the fastest PC around was about 12 MHz) mostly as a hobby and decided in 1999 to begin working in my spare time developing shareware space games designed around player feedback and my own concepts for such games. Nearly all game development and most media creation is done by myself, although several others have helped with various things and testing. While Evochron and Arvoch are my spare time hobby and my resources are quite limited, I hope to continue working on (and playing) these space-sim concepts to keep gameplay fresh and alive in this genre. I hope you enjoy the games I've written so far and welcome your feedback. Thank you for your support!

Impressive stuff. :salute:

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Have you ever had a job?

Getting a working demo is maybe 1/3 of the work. Most of the projects don't reach the beach.
Also, this wasn't just doing a demo. It was coming under a rock and get a whole business rolling.

So PE will make a game out of nowhere in 18 months, and he, with a working engine, isn't able to do it in 18 months?
You dumbfuck much?

Obviously you have no idea of software engineering. Obviously you have no idea of game development. And absolutely no idea of MMO development. Otherwise you'll realize that Roberts' claims are made of thin air, almost a joke. Also you are wrong that PE starts from nothing. PE uses Unity Engine as a base which has a superior toolset than Cryengine. But you can't know that if you never worked with game engines or game projects. Obviously you feel good to dwell in ignorance and call names. Congratulations that you proved yourself to be the utmost dumbfuck.

Runciter

Augur
From http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/a-letter-from-chris-roberts/:
For fun, we’ve created a small Kickstarter pledge for existing backers. It’s called the “Kickstarter” and it’s an Electro Skin Hull Enhancement module. This is an upgrade package that players will be able to buy in game that allows ship owners to switch their hull appearance at a flick of a switch.
First he was speaking about immersion and now he comes up with player-ego-stroking gimmicks. I'm still optimistic, but between this and the cash shop I'm beginning to feel uneasy.

kaizoku

Arcane
Have you ever had a job?

You dumbfuck much?

Obviously you have no idea of software engineering. Obviously you have no idea of game development. And absolutely no idea of MMO development. Otherwise you'll realize that Roberts' claims are made of thin air, almost a joke. Also you are wrong that PE starts from nothing. PE uses Unity Engine as a base which has a superior toolset than Cryengine. But you can't know that if you never worked with game engines or game projects. Obviously you feel good to dwell in ignorance and call names. Congratulations that you proved yourself to be the utmost dumbfuck.
Roberts... working prototype
Obsidian... scene screenshot

:hmmm:

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, it's at $72,500 so far. It will definitely make its goal and probably much more since I suspect big internet names like Total Biscuit to endorse it. I'm gonna guess $1.25 mil by the end of the campaign.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Interesting to see them finally add the KS thing. Good luck with that I guess. Should have done that at the start.

PosledniKovboj

Scholar
So when finished orgazming over detail and texels and physx and immershun, whats the game actually about? Is it a combat/trading thing like X3?

PosledniKovboj

Scholar
Uhu

We have skill-based combat like X3 rather than the click-to-fight sort of thing in EVE... but on a grander scale with the politics and corporations of EVE.
Star Citizen is divided into two parts... a single player oriented Wing Commander-style adventure, Squadron 42, and a Privateer-style MMO-ish game (Star Citizen.)

interesting:hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom