Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Fags, I realized that I could use it to buy BC2 Vietnam but now I can't :<

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
You can just use a cracked executable with the Steam version, it's what I do after I downloaded the GOTY version with all the DLCs etc.

Of course, but given the choice I prefer to avoid cracks as I had a few bad experiences with them where they fucked something up with the game and/or made things unstable (one of them being Civ4, which I bought but wanted to play without the disc in the tray). Since then I prefer to not crack the original executable and use other methods like mini-images, or buying my games online. I know that 99% of times I could use a crack but I prefer the comfort of knowing that whatever problem may arise isn't cause by a cracked executable. Plus I already found it silly to circumvent protections in order to play the game I bought without the disc in the tray which is a reason I welcomed the age of digital distribution for allowing me to get games easily and letting me simply install them and play them, so being required to crack an executable again because the distribution platform doesn't like me modifying the original file is a bit of a bummer.

Zeus

Cipher
Absolutely Great Square Pack. Amazon is insane.

All that and much much more for $9.99!

Penny Arcade praised The Last Remnant, saying it's a whole new game compared to the awful console versions.

Just Cause 2 had one of those 30-minute demos that are better than 90% of competing games.

The rest, I don't know about. Deus Ex sounds interesting. I want to level up my cyberfists.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PNLAAW/

Multi-headed Cow

Deus Ex HR isn't too bad. Decent enough level design. Boss fights are shit. Well worth a play.

Hitman Blood Money is pretty good. The Hitman games are pretty unique in the stealth genre. Come to think of it I don't believe I finished Blood Money for some strange reason.

Quantum Conundrum is alright. No great shakes but as part of this bundle it's certainly worth checking out. First person puzzler.

Supreme Commander 2 has a pretty fuckawful campaign but has perhaps the best AI in skirmishes of any RTS ever made. I specify skirmishes because during the campaign the AI follows RTS-standard "Make blob, attack-move blob at player's base". The base management and units are dumbed down from supcom1 a fair chunk, but it's a pretty good RTS in its own right. Especially if you like comp stomping.

Captain Shrek

Bros.

I need your help.

Which flight simulator games on GamersGate sale are even remotely enjoyable?

http://www.gamersgate.com/offers

I have a craving for a good sim and I am willing to shill out a few coins for a hour long dalliance.

Overboard

Arcane
1. Click on the GOG link at the top of the page
2. Get IL-2 Sturmovik™: 1946 from the Ubisoft sale
3. ??????
4. Prospfit!

Gord

Arcane
Something rather unusual in this thread, and only for people in or close (as in near the border) to Germany:
Müller (the drugstore/multi-media/toy-store-something chain) is running a pre-christmas sale with 20% off on all toys including pc and console games.
E.g. Dishonored is sold for 45€ regular, so that would be 36€ after the sale. Take that Gabe.
Might be worth checking out.
Sale goes from 15.10. to 27.10.

mck

Cipher
there are some good deals over at greenmangaming.

you can pick up dead island goty (activates on steam) for $8.

Morkar Left

Does "what you want" mean 1$ or even 1 cent? Because I would totally feel like giving Herve 1$ for 8 games...

Turjan

Arcane
Does "what you want" mean 1$ or even 1 cent? Because I would totally feel like giving Herve 1$ for 8 games...
1 cent should work. You have to manually fill it into the field with the price (the slider doesn't go below 99 cents).

Morkar Left

1 cent should work. You have to manually fill it into the field with the price (the slider doesn't go below 99 cents).

Actually unlike they state in the ad you have to spent at least 0,99$ as minimum pledge.

Turjan

Arcane

Actually unlike they state in the ad you have to spent at least 0,99$ as minimum pledge.
No, one cent works, as I explained. The number field is editable.

gog1_zpsbbb6a90b.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
I really hate their promotions.
These new ones? Definitely. They are, while not technically misleading, questionable regarding their verbiage. Also stuff like not making it obvious where you change the price besides the slider. If you don't notice, you will contribute to bringing up the average. The whole thing doesn't look quite kosher.

I also don't like that, due to how this is set up, garbage accumulates in my account.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep. It seems like they do anything to avoid handing out 60% or higher discounts on the major/desirable titles.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Thanks for the heads up.

I bought the the "Interplay" stuff for $0.01, and :smug: then got the "The Witcher" for $4.99.

Multi-headed Cow

Deals coming from Amazon next month at some point.

We won't be matching that due to upcoming promotional plans...like DA:U+DA2+Mass Effect 1+Mass Effect 2 for $14.99 and KOA + All DLCs for 80% off ($11.99).

Shame that isn't a Steam key on Kingdoms of Amalur.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hmmm $12 for the whole shebang might just make me put up with Origin.

dragonfk

Erudite
WHAT? So DA&ME bundle won't be redeemable on Steam?

Origin is a big no no for me, so I'll think I'll pass that sale.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Decent deal, however it's pretty lame that they specifically held off the most popular/desirable games to the last tier, so if you want, say, Fallout 1-2 and Freespace 2 but nothing else, it's actually cheaper to buy them individually. The first tier is almost not even worth getting.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Evolva is the only halfway worthwhile game in the first tier. M.A.X. if you're really desperate.
Second tier has some ok goodies. Freespace is good (but not nearly as good as FS2 and FS2 is available for free, legally, if you know where to look). Giants is quite good as well. The rest is shit, although a desperate jew could get a small amount of entertainment out of Die by the Sword.

Let's not kid ourselves. It's basically a fancy way of bundling a lot of useless junk with a $35 pack that contains some nice games. But most of the nice games are games any self-respecting codexian already has.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
WHAT? So DA&ME bundle won't be redeemable on Steam?

Origin is a big no no for me, so I'll think I'll pass that sale.

Well, I meant the Amalur bundle. As far as DA and ME... probably not. EA doesn't provide Steam keys since they have their own service.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom